texastincup

April 2022 NVC Submissions - CR-1

253 posts in this topic

Hi! Happy Easter! We finished submitting all documents April 14th! Fingers crossed we all get DQ the first time!

I am looking at consular waiting times on visa grader.com for interviews - maybe it’s me who doesn’t know how to look correctly - but I can only see tourist visas / student exchange visas / all other non immigrants visas 

where should I look for CR1 / immigrants visas waiting times for interviews?

Many thanks if you can help 😊🙏

2 hours ago, MSC2021 said:

Hi! Happy Easter! We finished submitting all documents April 14th! Fingers crossed we all get DQ the first time!

I am looking at consular waiting times on visa grader.com for interviews - maybe it’s me who doesn’t know how to look correctly - but I can only see tourist visas / student exchange visas / all other non immigrants visas 

where should I look for CR1 / immigrants visas waiting times for interviews?

Many thanks if you can help 😊🙏

You have to follow people from your consulate to figure out waiting times for IR1/CR1 visa interviews. 

Unfortunately not a lot of people interviewing out of Switzerland but you can follow members from the same consulate as you to figure it out...

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Switzerland&op1=&op2=&dfile=No&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=

10 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

You have to follow people from your consulate to figure out waiting times for IR1/CR1 visa interviews. 

Unfortunately not a lot of people interviewing out of Switzerland but you can follow members from the same consulate as you to figure it out...

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Switzerland&op1=&op2=&dfile=No&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=

Thank you so much for the link! Really appreciate it 😊 this gives a good insight. And yes indeed not that many people are emigrating out of Switzerland! So the waiting time is definitely more manageable 👍🏻 Thanks 🙏 

3 minutes ago, MSC2021 said:

Thank you so much for the link! Really appreciate it 😊 this gives a good insight. And yes indeed not that many people are emigrating out of Switzerland! So the waiting time is definitely more manageable 👍🏻 Thanks 🙏 

Next time you can go to the top of the page and click "immigration timelines" and then click on by IR1/CR1 visa and choose your country to get to the page I linked you to. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, 47313 said:

Did you submit proof of domicile?

It was not listed in the required documents, I am assuming my 2021 W2 and 1040 showing my current US address are enough proof? Also proof of employment in the US.

9 hours ago, Kenia0307 said:

I submitted all of our documents 4/19/2022 on NVC

Welcome to the wait!

NVC says they are reviewing documents submitted February 4, 2022 so we have an 80 day wait at the moment. 

Apparently, if you realize you forgot a document (like police check or proof of income) it is okay to submit before the first review.

Hope you get DQ'ed on your first submission!

2 hours ago, track said:

How can I get a good estimate of the timeline for when the interview might take place? Our lawyer says it may take a year 😩.

What consulate?  Please update your VJ profile with the beneficiary's country.

NVC review timeframe applies to all, regardless of country.  But the wait time for an interview after NVC depends on the backlog at your interviewing consulate.  Some consulates have wait times of more than 1 year after NVC DQ date.  This tracking thread is only for the NVC review part.  There are other threads for interview wait time after NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

There are other threads for interview wait time after NVC.

I have been searching and searching for a Frankfurt interview wait time thread but I find nothing on search. Can you point me in the correct direction? I would be happy start one but I'm not sure whether it should be in this NVC group, or Eurasia, or Ukraine-Russia-Belarus since my wife is Ukrainian. I understand Frankfurt is expediting all Ukrainians. NVC to Interview date for CR-1/IR-2 is the only one I cannot get a good estimate for.  The best estimate I've seen is 10 - 60 days but I've also heard that some consulates are a year from DQ to interview? I am watching all the Ukrainian timelines and I think the last one to get an interview was close to ten days but it was a K1 and I'm not sure if that is quicker than a CR-1.

Lost in space.

USCIS

4/27/2021 - Filed wife's and 18-year-old step-daughter's I-130 package online

4/27/2021 - NOA1 received, Nebraska Service Center (wife) - case transferred to Texas

4/27/2021 - NOA1 received, Potomac Service Center (step-daughter)

2/24/2022 - Expedite request (humanitarian-Russian invasion of Ukraine) for both petitions

3/1/2022 - TSC granted expedite request

3/4/2022 - TSC (wife) I-130 approved!! Sent to NVC 3/11/2022

3/16/2022 - PSC (daughter) I-130 approval. I never heard about her expedite

NVC

NVC received daughter 3/20/22 and wife 3/23/22

Case number & Invoice number received for daughter 3/21/22 and wife 3/23/22

DS-261 was not requested

Paid AOS & IV fee for daughter 3/21/22 and wife 3/23/22

4/1/2022 - Sent IV and AOS package via CEAC

Wife's payment status was "REFUSED" for several days but finally was confirmed

4/4/2022 - Submitted DS - 260 for both petitions - Requested NVC expedite 3/31/2022

5/26/2022 - NVC expedite approved for both - Cases sent to Frankfurt without review by the NVC

5/31/2022 - Permission to set an interview appointment granted

5/2/2022 - Received interview letter (P4) via e-mail 

Embassy (Frankfurt)

6/27/2022 - Medical done in Vilnius 

6/29/2022 - Received medical report sent electronically to Frankfurt

7/11/2022 - Interview - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.