Truth_Seeker

DCF with Frankfurt

27 posts in this topic

Received and email from Frankfurt for the I-130 Approval.   And then I got another email with links and todo list that isn't really to informative.

In there was a link for the DS260 which we are pretty much already done.  However, I thought before I could do a DS260, I would have to pay a FEE.  But the FEE portion just says N/A.

With that said, I thought I would not be able to do the DS260 until I did my I-864 and pay the fee.

Anyhow, I have all completed the I-864.

Also, the email says to mail in original + copy of thinks like marriage license, passport pictures, birth certificates and so fourth.

But it does not say where to mail the forms exactly. 

Anyhow, anyone gone through Frankfurt and noes the path, I would appreciate some guidance.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Truth_Seeker said:

However, I thought before I could do a DS260, I would have to pay a FEE.  But the FEE portion just says N/A.

DCF process is different from NVC process. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

You’ll pay fees at interview - bring a credit card. 

Where to send required evidence - address of consular section in Frankfurt would be my guess. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

• 1 month later...

Are you the petitioner? How long did it take you to get an approval notice via email after you sent your I-130 documents? 
Also, what documents do you have to provide after that step? Thanks in advance 😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, myjourney123 said:

Are you the petitioner? How long did it take you to get an approval notice via email after you sent your I-130 documents? 
Also, what documents do you have to provide after that step? Thanks in advance 😊

Also curious because I just submitted my petition there (will arrive on May 3 @ 9am).

6 hours ago, myjourney123 said:

We got the approval in 8 days.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Truth_Seeker said:

We got the approval in 8 days.

Did you send the packet by Deutsch Post or DHL or something else? I sent by DHL and at 8:45 they said they couldn't deliver because no one was there to sign. Kind of a waste to have it there before the afternoon.

1 hour ago, jace5869 said:

Did you send the packet by Deutsch Post or DHL or something else? I sent by DHL and at 8:45 they said they couldn't deliver because no one was there to sign. Kind of a waste to have it there before the afternoon.

I sent via Deutsch Post with tracking.  DHL cost way too much and gives next to no additional benefits.  

FYI, I used Deutsch Post to send my wife's passport and SOFA card to Thailand and it was like around 7 euros.  DHL wanted like 50.  She got in less than 10 days.  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Truth_Seeker said:

I sent via Deutsch Post with tracking.  DHL cost way too much and gives next to no additional benefits.  

FYI, I used Deutsch Post to send my wife's passport and SOFA card to Thailand and it was like around 7 euros.  DHL wanted like 50.  She got in less than 10 days.  

That's good to know. I've sent some docs to Vietnam by DHL express and it has cost 84 euro and 120 euro, respectively. 

I had her send me her passport (on the way) so that if/when we get approved I can go right ahead and get SOFA card for her and mail it off. Did you mail it to the main SOFA office, or drive up there and get it done? I'm looking to save as much time as possible.

Frankfurt did send you a NOA2, or approval of petition, correct?

1 minute ago, jace5869 said:

That's good to know. I've sent some docs to Vietnam by DHL express and it has cost 84 euro and 120 euro, respectively. 

I had her send me her passport (on the way) so that if/when we get approved I can go right ahead and get SOFA card for her and mail it off. Did you mail it to the main SOFA office, or drive up there and get it done? I'm looking to save as much time as possible.

Frankfurt did send you a NOA2, or approval of petition, correct?

8 days later I got an email that showed that her I-130 was approved along with instructions for the full packet.  Note, make sure you do a cover letter and a table of contents.  Do not staple anything.  You should use tabs for your documents to match your table of contents.  And I use a big bind clip to bind the whole package from the top.  You want to make it easy for them to see what you have sent them and to be able to find it quickly.  When you go through the I-130 everywhere, where it asks you something and you can support the claim by a document, just provide a copy of the document.  And in your cover letter you can explain why your are providing the document.

For example:  Not actual question.

Question 34:  Have you attended college?  Answer Yes.  Then include the diploma, and explain in your cover letter something like this:

Question 34:  Education:  I am providing my college diploma in TAB C to give evidence of my secondary school

Note, this more than what is required, but think of this process from their stand point of view.  No one wants to receive a Form, and just a bunch of copies of documents.  You need to tell a story to the adjudicator and show where you can that you have evidence to back up part of your story.  And you want to make it so that they can find everything easily.  Also, realize that they have checklist of things they are looking for, you want them to be able to complete their check list in as little time as possible.  

In essence, if you make it easy for them, I think your approval will come very fast like mine did.  If you send in the bare minimum it might still get approved, but then you might get an RFE, or worse they might decide your case is to difficult and that it needs to be processed by USCIS in the States.  Which is something you really do not want.  That's like the kiss of death in that first your case would get marked a complicated, and then it gets sent to the states where it goes with all the other complicated cases. 

In essence, make it easy for them to approve and difficult for them to deny or pass on to the states for further processing.  

On 5/3/2022 at 2:16 PM, jace5869 said:

Also curious because I just submitted my petition there (will arrive on May 3 @ 9am).

I sent mine with DHL and priority mail, so I had a tracking number and it was delivered one day later. I don’t know how hard it is to get someone to sign something at the consulate? But I hope your documents have been delivered by now! :) 

2 hours ago, myjourney123 said:

I sent mine with DHL and priority mail, so I had a tracking number and it was delivered one day later. I don’t know how hard it is to get someone to sign something at the consulate? But I hope your documents have been delivered by now! :) 

I just sent my wife's documents for her VISA yesterday via regular mail with tracking.  It was a package that was about 1/2 inch thick.  I am sure they got it.  Will check tomarrow.  I live in Kelkheim, which is only about 15 KM from the consulate.  

Timeline

I mistyped the date on my post, but they were supposed to be delivered today at 9am, but said no one was available to receive them. I emailed the consulate 3 times asking about that and called. I asked if I should tell DHL to leave it or if someone would be there to sign and they confirmed someone would sign for it. Calling the place is an absolute crapshoot though. Here's to hoping tomorrow has better luck.
image.thumb.png.03797d11e7d31b81b62ac3407365545d.png

11 hours ago, jace5869 said:

I mistyped the date on my post, but they were supposed to be delivered today at 9am, but said no one was available to receive them. I emailed the consulate 3 times asking about that and called. I asked if I should tell DHL to leave it or if someone would be there to sign and they confirmed someone would sign for it. Calling the place is an absolute crapshoot though. Here's to hoping tomorrow has better luck.
image.thumb.png.03797d11e7d31b81b62ac3407365545d.png

I hope we’ll get an answer about the I-130 anytime soon. I don’t know if your wife has to attend the medical examination here in Germany but I just wanted to let you know that appointments are limited due to Ukraine crisis and all the Ukrainian cases transferred to Frankfurt. The earliest appointment for now is July 29. Just to keep you posted! :) 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, myjourney123 said:

I hope we’ll get an answer about the I-130 anytime soon. I don’t know if your wife has to attend the medical examination here in Germany but I just wanted to let you know that appointments are limited due to Ukraine crisis and all the Ukrainian cases transferred to Frankfurt. The earliest appointment for now is July 29. Just to keep you posted! :) 

Wow! Thank you for that!

I'm hoping they receive my packet today. For some reason, they wouldn't sign for it yesterday. I'm quite nervous about that. Then I hope for some quick processing, but I'm grateful they're even considering it.

I'm not too worried about the medical, but that is good to know. I believe my wife will come here after an NOA2 or application approval on a SOFA card, and she'll be waiting in Germany for the interview and medical - so we should be together...hopefully.

I thought there was 3 places that did medicals? Munich, Frankfurt and Berlin? Are they all slam packed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.