Kuchiki

March 2022 NVC Submissions IR1

374 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, JD2 said:

We don't have a huge sample size.  No matter how you cut it, if the published date isn't moving up, they're slowing down.  I submitted at the end of March so I still have a ways to go.

I hear you. And I agree, a slower week is bad no matter it's dressed up.

However, things still look good in the bigger picture. I've posted this link before and it's worth looking at if it helps keep moods high. We've had weeks and weeks of reduction in wait time, if you submitted late march the expected wait was 90 days, we're currently at 76 days. If it slows to 80 days you've still got through 10 days early.

Though I find redrobot's estimate conservative, it's easier to expect the 14th and be pleasantly surprised that it's the 15th, rather than expecting another 8 day jump and being disappointed.

Finally, it's worth nothing that there was one fewer day of working this week for memorial day so we should expect a lull this week or next.

30 minutes ago, Laud said:

I hear you. And I agree, a slower week is bad no matter it's dressed up.

However, things still look good in the bigger picture. I've posted this link before and it's worth looking at if it helps keep moods high. We've had weeks and weeks of reduction in wait time, if you submitted late march the expected wait was 90 days, we're currently at 76 days. If it slows to 80 days you've still got through 10 days early.

Though I find redrobot's estimate conservative, it's easier to expect the 14th and be pleasantly surprised that it's the 15th, rather than expecting another 8 day jump and being disappointed.

Finally, it's worth nothing that there was one fewer day of working this week for memorial day so we should expect a lull this week or next.

I did say *around*

I'm thinking about should I submit joint sponsor's 2021 tax transcript. Latest submission date 26 March. I submitted 2021 tax return photocopy but I am not sure.. I saw a lot posts submitting under additional documents tab doesn't change time but I am still not sure. Seriously considering suggestions. Please help 🤔

1 hour ago, JD2 said:

8 days but 8 days also passed due to the holiday so still 75 days.  Better than regressing though.

I'm thinking we will get another 75 days next week Monday. 

Positive thinking though~~  if you look at the visawhen page... there was a massive jump June 7- June 21. 

They went from processing cases in 38 days to processing cases in 27 days. 

Let's all hope with the phone lines closed they perform another miracle and we go to +/- 65 days in the next two weeks... 

Or lets hope a bunch of us are the lucky few who get our docs reviewed a couple weeks before scheduled... 

2 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

I'm thinking we will get another 75 days next week Monday. 

Positive thinking though~~  if you look at the visawhen page... there was a massive jump June 7- June 21. 

They went from processing cases in 38 days to processing cases in 27 days. 

Let's all hope with the phone lines closed they perform another miracle and we go to +/- 65 days in the next two weeks... 

Or lets hope a bunch of us are the lucky few who get our docs reviewed a couple weeks before scheduled... 

I don't care how I just need them to get to the end of March 😅.  I submitted by DS-260 on 29th and final required doc on April 1st.  So I'm thinking in the next 2 weeks I should get DQ.  Praying no RFE.

3 minutes ago, JD2 said:

I don't care how I just need them to get to the end of March 😅.  I submitted by DS-260 on 29th and final required doc on April 1st.  So I'm thinking in the next 2 weeks I should get DQ.  Praying no RFE.

Wow! Your timeline has been so fast! 

If you get DQ that will be great. I know the wait to interview for Mumbai is a little weird with skipped cases and all... Hopefully you'll have the visa by the end of the year. 

5 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

Wow! Your timeline has been so fast! 

If you get DQ that will be great. I know the wait to interview for Mumbai is a little weird with skipped cases and all... Hopefully you'll have the visa by the end of the year. 

Yes I'm incredibly fortunate but I'm wondering did the USCIS officer feel bad and approve me quick knowing Bombay has such a long wait?  My brother got married and petitioned his wife around the same time as us but his wife is in the UK.  There they have barely any wait for interview and my bro hasn't been approved by USCIS yet.  Also, I had applied for a K-1 but withdrew so maybe some of our background checks had already been done.  Tbh, who knows why some get lucky and others don't.  I think interview before the end of the year would be fantastic but it's really hard to tell.  I think it could easily be next year as well but let's hope.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
10 minutes ago, JD2 said:

Yes I'm incredibly fortunate but I'm wondering did the USCIS officer feel bad and approve me quick knowing Bombay has such a long wait?  My brother got married and petitioned his wife around the same time as us but his wife is in the UK.  There they have barely any wait for interview and my bro hasn't been approved by USCIS yet.  Also, I had applied for a K-1 but withdrew so maybe some of our background checks had already been done.  Tbh, who knows why some get lucky and others don't.  I think interview before the end of the year would be fantastic but it's really hard to tell.  I think it could easily be next year as well but let's hope.

That is a really quick timeline indeed!! How long of a wait is it in Bombay? 

9 minutes ago, JD2 said:

I've seen cases from the Philippines be approved quickly after the K1 was approved/ they withdrew the K1. So, I'm thinking having something on file does "speed up" the process... but is it really all that faster if you've already been waiting a year or so? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.