13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello

My joint Sponsor is a business owner , he uses his 1120s and 1040

Pic 1 : his Gross Receipts from his 1120s : 246k ( which what he is earns from his business)

Pic 2 : His AGI from his 1040 : 42k ( which he get after all the deductions etc)

My question which amount the USCIS will uses to qualify my Joint Sponsor ? the one on the 1120S or the one on the 1040 ?

Sans titre.jpg

3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

IRS transcripts are the best 

On page 9 of the I 864 instructions it says and that is all i can find about AGI

For purposes of this affidavit, the line for Total Income on IRS Forms 1040 and 1040A will be considered when determining income. For persons filing IRS Form 1040 EZ, the line for adjusted gross income will be considered.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864instr.pdf

Timeline
41 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

IRS transcripts are the best 

On page 9 of the I 864 instructions it says and that is all i can find about AGI

For purposes of this affidavit, the line for Total Income on IRS Forms 1040 and 1040A will be considered when determining income. For persons filing IRS Form 1040 EZ, the line for adjusted gross income will be considered.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864instr.pdf

Thanks for your reply but :

My question which amount the USCIS will uses to qualify my Joint Sponsor ? the one on the 1120S or the one on the 1040 ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Transcom123 said:

not for the business

it is for his personal income 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

not for the business

it is for his personal income 

his Gross Receipts from his 1120s : 246k ( which what he is earns from his business) so this is from he get his money

His AGI from his 1040 : 42k ( which he get after all the deductions etc)

so which one it will be used for the NVC ?

~ Duplicate thread removed. Please keep all related questions in one thread so others are aware of the whole picture of what you’re asking ~

1 hour ago, Transcom123 said:

Hello Again

My joint sponsor income listed on his 2021 Tax return transcript is below the proverty guidelines but his income listed on his 2020 Tax return transcript is above the proverty guidelines ( which i used to got DQ) , his 2022 current income is above the  proverty guidelines.

My question could i use the Total Assets End listed on his 2021 Tax transcipts 1120s on the new I864 ( before my interview ) to add it to his 2021 income listed on his tax transcripts to meet the requirement since its below ?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
On 3/11/2022 at 10:50 PM, Transcom123 said:

Total income (not adjusted income even though those numbers are often the same) from the 1040.  

Total receipts are usually far more than the actual "income".  Receipts are revenue not "income".  A business owner's income is the profit after paying their expenses.  If one owns a grocery store, for example, their gross receipts could be close to 100 times their profit or "income".

From what you are saying, your joint sponsor no longer qualifies based on total income from his most recent tax return.  If you listed sufficient liquid assets, he may still qualify.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
12 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Total income (not adjusted income even though those numbers are often the same) from the 1040.  

Total receipts are usually far more than the actual "income".  Receipts are revenue not "income".  A business owner's income is the profit after paying their expenses.  If one owns a grocery store, for example, their gross receipts could be close to 100 times their profit or "income".

From what you are saying, your joint sponsor no longer qualifies based on total income from his most recent tax return.  If you listed sufficient liquid assets, he may still qualify.

My joint sponsor income listed on his 2021 Tax return transcript is below the proverty guidelines but his income listed on his 2020 Tax return transcript is above the proverty guidelines ( which i used to got DQ) , his 2022 current income is above the  proverty guidelines.

My question could i use the Total Assets End listed on his 2021 Tax transcipts 1120s on the new I864 ( before my interview ) to add it to his 2021 income listed on his tax transcripts to meet the requirement since its below ?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Transcom123 said:

My question could i use the Total Assets End listed on his 2021 Tax transcipts 1120s on the new I864 ( before my interview ) to add it to his 2021 income listed on his tax transcripts to meet the requirement since its below ?

You seem to be totally confused.  A business owner does not yet know their total income for 2022.  It's only March.  A 2021 tax return is for 2020 income etc.

You mention assets as if they are income.  They are not.  There is an asset section.  If the sponsor  has listed and documented assets, like savings accounts or mutual funds in that section, that's good, but you do not ADD them to the total income.  

Let us help you but using actual terms and line numbers from the I-864 and tax return. 

1.  What is the joint sponsor's household size?

2. What is the total income listed on the total income line of the latest tax return?

3. What are the total "liquid" assets listed and documented in the asset portion of the I-864.

Example if income requirement is 30,000 and the total income is 15,000 there is a 15,000 income shortfall.  The sponsor would need at least $45,000 in liquid assets to cover the income shortfall for the spouse of a US Citizen, or $75,000 for any other immigrant.

Assets don't count as income.  3X for a spouse or 5X for other immigrant.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
8 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

You seem to be totally confused.  A business owner does not yet know their total income for 2022.  It's only March.  A 2021 tax return is for 2020 income etc.

You mention assets as if they are income.  They are not.  There is an asset section.  If the sponsor  has listed and documented assets, like savings accounts or mutual funds in that section, that's good, but you do not ADD them to the total income.  

Let us help you but using actual terms and line numbers from the I-864 and tax return. 

1.  What is the joint sponsor's household size?

2. What is the total income listed on the total income line of the latest tax return?

3. What are the total "liquid" assets listed and documented in the asset portion of the I-864.

Example if income requirement is 30,000 and the total income is 15,000 there is a 15,000 income shortfall.  The sponsor would need at least $45,000 in liquid assets to cover the income shortfall for the spouse of a US Citizen, or $75,000 for any other immigrant.

Assets don't count as income.  3X for a spouse or 5X for other immigrant.

*Yes but since my interview is near his 2022 income seems above the guidelines based on his bank statements so ihave to put the number of his current income on the i864.

* I saw in his 1120S a line with TOTAL ASSETS END : 30k so this his assets ?

1- 5 inculding me 

2- 2020 tax return total income is 42k

3- i did not use the asset from his 2020 1120s cuz he maded 42k which is enough cuz the hhs was 38k thi why i got DQ

Edited by Transcom123

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Transcom123 said:

*Yes but since my interview is near his 2022 income seems above the guidelines based on his bank statements so ihave to put the number of his current income on the i864.

* I saw in his 1120S a line with TOTAL ASSETS END : 30k so this his assets ?

1- 5 inculding me 

2- 2020 tax return total income is 42k

3- i did not use the asset from his 2020 1120s cuz he maded 42k which is enough cuz the hhs was 38k thi why i got DQ

For a self employed person, "current income" comes from their most recently filed US Federal Tax return and absolutely NOWHERE ELSE.  What you are saying about his receipts or revenue so far in 2022 is irrelevant.  Receipts are not "income". I explained that in my first post.  An 1120s is NOT relevant.  It's the total income line from first or (is it second now?) page of his latest 1040 form.

Dollar figures for "assets" do NOT come from any federal income tax form.  They come from bank statements or investment account statements.  It IS, what IT IS, not what you decide you want it to be.

1120s forms are unfamiliar to me.  Looks like sponsor is treating his LLC as an S corporation.  If he is sole owner, then the 1120s total income may be relevant, but the 1040 total income still rules for the I-864.

Again, your sponsor does not know their 2022 income.  It's only March.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.