Kouevi EKOUE

Divorce decree for petitioner.

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Hello. Please I have a question. For a CR-1 visa, I submitted a copy of my divorce decree in NVC website. I am petitioning for my spouse. I know it was supposed to be a certified copy. My wife can bring the certified copy to the interview. Will it be a problem because I onlg submitted a copy. I didn’t know at that time

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Get a scan of the certified copy and upload it

If you don't, you will get an RFE when they get to review the documents and will set you back for another 3 months wait

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

sense most of the documents are now scanned for the petition or NVC stage,  immigration is saying "bring original to interview"   

so,  unless u get an RFE for request for evidence,  don't worry

please create a timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well at NVC petitioners divorce decree isn't asked for in most cases. But have your spouse bring copy to interview. You did submit your divorce decree with your I-130 correct?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Yes I did submit a copy of my decree with I130. They are so closed to review my documents ( documents submitted on December 2021) and I worry if I upload it now, it might reset the 3months wait. Just a little confused what to do. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kouevi EKOUE said:

Yes I did submit a copy of my decree with I130. They are so closed to review my documents ( documents submitted on December 2021) and I worry if I upload it now, it might reset the 3months wait. Just a little confused what to do. 

nothing 

unless USCIS sends a RFE notice 

take original to interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kouevi EKOUE said:

It's not a required document. Why upload anything. Leave it alone.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
18 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

It's not a required document. Why upload anything. Leave it alone.

Are you sure it is not required because on NVC website under civil documents , it said if petitioner was previously married, obtain divorce decree or certificate. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kouevi EKOUE said:

Are you sure it is not required because on NVC website under civil documents , it said if petitioner was previously married, obtain divorce decree or certificate. 

and this would be scanned in to CEAC site and the original taken to interview

Timeline
14 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

and this would be scanned in to CEAC site and the original taken to interview

I did. But I didn’t scan a certified copy. I only scanned a simple copy of the divorce decree given to me at the court. I will keep my finger crossed so that everything will be fine and my wife can take the original( which is certified copy) to the interview. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kouevi EKOUE said:

Obtain does not mean upload.  There is also context to consider.  Unless there is something specifically different about your case, the petitioner's divorce decree is not needed at the NVC stage.  

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kouevi EKOUE said:

Hello. Please I have a question. For a CR-1 visa, I submitted a copy of my divorce decree in NVC website. I am petitioning for my spouse. I know it was supposed to be a certified copy. My wife can bring the certified copy to the interview. Will it be a problem because I onlg submitted a copy. I didn’t know at that time

What do you mean "copy".  Anything you upload is a copy.  When it comes to divorce decrees etc. they are asking for a scan of a certified copy, but Petitioner Divorce Decrees are required by USCIS, not NVC.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
41 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

What do you mean "copy".  Anything you upload is a copy.  When it comes to divorce decrees etc. they are asking for a scan of a certified copy, but Petitioner Divorce Decrees are required by USCIS, not NVC.

I meant I submitted a simple copy instead of a certified copy. I guess they required to scan a certified copy. Not a simple photocopy of the decree. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kouevi EKOUE said:

I meant I submitted a simple copy instead of a certified copy. I guess they required to scan a certified copy. Not a simple photocopy of the decree. 

Correct, but since it is not a required document, I wouldn't worry about it unless they the don't accept it.  That said, words mean things.  You did not submit a copy.  You submitted a scan.  Not sure why you would have any copies of your divorce decree except certified copies or photocopies/scans of a Certified Copy.  Regular copies are useless for ANY purpose.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

Correct, but since it is not a required document, I wouldn't worry about it unless they the don't accept it.  That said, words mean things.  You did not submit a copy.  You submitted a scan.  Not sure why you would have any copies of your divorce decree except certified copies or photocopies/scans of a Certified Copy.  Regular copies are useless for ANY purpose.

I got it. I guess if they don’t accept it they might ask me to bring certified copy to the interview. The thing is when I went to the courthouse here in North Carolina to get my divorce decree, they only gave me a photocopy. At that time I didn’t know you can get a certified copy. I just recently realized you can get a certified copy and went to get it. But I already submitted the scan of the simple photocopy to NVC. Finger crossed they accept it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.