AmirNL

Is military record required for Iranian dual nationality ?

7 posts in this topic

I am from Iranian descent and I left/ fled Iran about 10 years ago when I was around 20 years old. I have never served in Iranian military and I have no exemption card or military card and even no Iranian passport/ nationality anymore. 
I am wondering if the military record is a requirement document for immigrant visa? (because military service is compulsory for Iranian).
Can they refuse my immigrant visa due to that reason or not ?

By the way, I am confused by these pages below. First page is about required civil documents for immigrant spouse visa.
According to this, they literally and explicit say: "If you". So, it would not be required.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

If you served in the military of any country, you must obtain a photocopy of your military record.

This pages is about civil documents by country (Iran). I see in this page an alternate documents but I do not understand well what they mean? I only have my birth certificate, can it be enough ?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/IranIslamicRepublicof.html

Alternate Documents: For mass exemptions, a copy of the exemption announcement and the birth certificate (proof of their condition) can be provided in lieu of exemption card.

Thank you for your opinion and help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

I see.  

Well you cannot produce evidence for what never existed. 

So you will have to try without this unobtanium.   

You might find people in the https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/97-middle-east-and-north-africa/ forum with experience on this.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Where are you in the process, I thought you were not getting married at the end of the year.

And for people who do not want to read the other thread the OP is an Iranian Citizen.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Please do not start more than one thread for related questions. I locked your other thread as a link to that thread in already posted above for other to read the previous thread for background information~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

On 3/10/2022 at 6:30 AM, AmirNL said:

Funny that just a few days ago it was a question pertaining to a nonimmigrant visa, and now it is for an immigrant visa?

And people are always outraged that they get denied for B visas......smh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.