2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, balo101 said:

If you have paid for i-485 then you do not have to pay for AP or EAD renewals. 

Are you paying for i-765 renewals? 

Oh that's nice. I will definitely ask and hopefully that is the case for me. Thank you.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, balo101 said:

You can also look at i-485 receipt notice to confirm. 

The receipt notice does show that the initial petition was paid for. Unfortunate that it struck me to want to apply for AP now. I checked the processing times and it's showing12-14.5 months. 

12 minutes ago, TheGraveMistake said:

The receipt notice does show that the initial petition was paid for. Unfortunate that it struck me to want to apply for AP now. I checked the processing times and it's showing12-14.5 months. 

Yes lately it is taking long time. However, i personally know few people who got approved in between 6 to 8 months and one was approved in 94 days. 

38 minutes ago, TheGraveMistake said:

Hi

Do you have any things to lose by asking an advance parole?

Ask, if it comes before your vawa approval, you are good. 

If it doesn't come before that, you will still be good because at least you have been approved. 

It's always relaxing to have an EAD/AP in hand while going through this vawa process. 

Edited by Rhema1

1 hour ago, Rhema1 said:

Hi

Do you have any things to lose by asking an advance parole?

Ask, if it comes before your vawa approval, you are good. 

If it doesn't come before that, you will still be good because at least you have been approved. 

It's always relaxing to have an EAD/AP in hand while going through this vawa process. 

completely agree with it. I always made sure i have AP with me. That gave me so much peace of mind. Even now i have a combo card which is valid for 2 years. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
3 hours ago, TheGraveMistake said:

Indeed that what it shows but don't let it discourage you. I got my AP and EAD approved in 4 months.

Timeline
18 hours ago, balo101 said:

I think it will be a combo card since both are approved on same day. 

You think so? I am really hoping it is. But the EAD is category C31. Funny thing is I had an info pass appointment on June 8th and they gave me a paper AP because I was travelling a week later. In case it is not a combo card, I will have two AP valid for one year and expiring one month apart. I currently have paper AP valid until June 2023 which I used to apply for visa and come to Paris. At least I will get two years EAD which is great.

Timeline
15 hours ago, pindiboy said:

Hi.My VAWA was approved in April 2021 and i am still waiting for the interview, also Queens FO.

We have the same approval then. here is my timeline

04/2019 i360 filed

06/2019 i485 and i765 filed

03/2021 EAD C31 produced

03/2019 I485 transferred

04/2021 i360 approved

10/2021 fingerprints taken

07/2022 EAD and AP renewed

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Maridade said:

Indeed that what it shows but don't let it discourage you. I got my AP and EAD approved in 4 months.

My EAD has been pending since December of last year haha so i'm not hopeful. but i will still apply for AP anyways

52 minutes ago, Hope4me said:

I put the paper work together and sent last weekend. Received a notification that my RFE has been received and they'd send a decision or let me know if they need anything else. By the way, I fired my attorney and updated my safe mailing address. Thanks fam, I appreciate you all.

Great job!

You are now on the good track.

Trust on God always and he will never disappoint you. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
3 hours ago, Maridade said:

We have the same approval then. here is my timeline

04/2019 i360 filed

06/2019 i485 and i765 filed

03/2021 EAD C31 produced

03/2019 I485 transferred

04/2021 i360 approved

10/2021 fingerprints taken

07/2022 EAD and AP renewed

I did my biometrics in Oct 2021 too.I recently contacted my Congresswoman and Queens FO's  reply was

"waiting to be scheduled for an interview.We are unable to provide a precise interview date at this time"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Evasn said:

That's great.  When did you file and get your approval? 

Filed in Aug 2019,complete package.

EAD C31 "New card being produced April 2021.

I360 was Approved JUNE 2021.

I-693 Deficiency notice July 2021.

Biometrics 2nd time for I-485 Oct 2021.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.