2,967 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Royal Seed said:

Hello family. I requested a status update through my senator from Vermont and below is the response I received.

"Thank you for submitting your inquiry on behalf of your constituent, xxxxxxxxxxx, in regards, to the Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485), Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxx. Also, thank you for providing our office with the attached, signed Privacy Release form for your constituent.

A review of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) systems reflect that your constituent’s case was administratively closed on November 13, 2018, by the Field Office".

My vawa was approved in April and I thought my attorney placed my case on hold during the previous i-130 interview. Kindly advise me on what to do at this stage. @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj

I think you have to file a new I-485 .

I don't know if filing a motion to reopen is advisable in this case.

My advice is to concurrently send a new form I-485,  I131 and I-765 under C09 category. 

Edited by Rhema1

9 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Were you able to renew your i-765/i131?

If it is closed then you need to file new one. 

Yes, I was able to renew my i-765 C09 twice after 2018 and that is why i am confused. I knew the i-130 was closed after i submitted the receipt for i-360.

14 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

I think you have to file a new I-485 .

I don't know if filing a motion to reopen is advisable in this case.

My advice is to concurrently send a new form I-485,  I131 and I-765 under C09 category. 

My concern is that this information may be wrong. I was able to renew my i-765 twice after 2018 and i know USCIS will not renew my i-765 if i don't have a pending i-485.

8 minutes ago, Royal Seed said:

My concern is that this information may be wrong. I was able to renew my i-765 twice after 2018 and i know USCIS will not renew my i-765 if i don't have a pending i-485.

If so, do and infopass to your local office. 

While there, they will clarify everything.

Maybe they administratively closed the case after the vawa case approval or after the renewal of your C09 category card because they discovered that the case had not been placed on HOLD. 

Edited by Rhema1

I'm honestly is at a loss. 

A bit over 2 years ago me and my ex husband applied for an adjustment of status. 
While waiting my husband started changing and started to abuse me mentaly and in the end physically. 
I had to get out before who knows what would have happen. 

I sent in my application for VAWA just a day ago but today I got my letter for my interview. 
But this interview is for me and my ex husband. 
I don't know who to contact or what to do. 

Please, help me 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 hours ago, P4go said:

I haven't been able to work as I been waiting and had to use all my money I had saved to support my ex husband. 
I'm not able to afford a attorney. 

Why are you supporting your ex husband?

attend your interview. Bring all your documents including the VAWA filing?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The post by P4go and its replies have been merged with the master VAWA thread, where much support is available.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

7 hours ago, P4go said:

I'm honestly is at a loss. 

A bit over 2 years ago me and my ex husband applied for an adjustment of status. 
While waiting my husband started changing and started to abuse me mentaly and in the end physically. 
I had to get out before who knows what would have happen. 

I sent in my application for VAWA just a day ago but today I got my letter for my interview. 
But this interview is for me and my ex husband. 
I don't know who to contact or what to do. 

Please, help me 

My humble advice is that you should attend the interview with all your documents. 

If your spouse is coming with you, its also good because you don't know what may be the outcome of it. 

If he doesn't come with you, go with a copy of your form I-360 and then, ask the officer to put your form I-485 on HOLD. 

If a receipt notice concerning vawa filing is  issued before the interview day, that will be great. 

If your spouse comes with you during the interview, don't mention anything concerning the vawa cases to the officer.

You May still do it after the interview by sending an explanatory letter for you couldn't do it before your abusive spouse if you notice that the interview didn't go well and if the marriage is also less than 2 years. 

Who knows?

The interview may still go well with an approval at the end for you guys are still married. 

Edited by Rhema1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
19 minutes ago, P4go said:

While we lived together I supported my husband even if I was not able to work, using all my savings because he didn't want to find a job. 

You husband signed I-864 and so he is obligated to support you. There are immigration attorneys who will take these cases on a contingency. If your income is under roughly $1400 a month you have a case. 

Hi all, i saw this on Reddit and thought it might bring some comfort knowing that thousands of scam VAWA applications from this fraudster who was caught (according to this Reddit user) must be out of our way now. 😉  have a nice day  

Screenshot_20220607-122300_Reddit.jpg

19 hours ago, Mike E said:

You need to contact an immigration attorney 

Not necessarily. 

Thousands of peoples are going through this vawa process and getting approved without any lawyer. 

Some have even joined this thread because they were misled by some lawyers. 

Edited by Rhema1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.