2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sunday means time for our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

===============================================

WRITING TO BABY JESUS

A child from a poor family wanted a bike for Christmas, so he asked his mother.  His mother replied, "Well, we can't afford one, so you'll just have to go ask the baby Jesus."

The boy went to his room, got a stack of paper and a pen, and began writing.

"Dear Baby Jesus:  I've been good all year.  Can you please give me a bike for Christmas?"

He looked at it and thought that maybe his claim wasn't entirely true, so he tried again.

"Dear Baby Jesus:  I've been good for the past week.  Can you please give me a bike for Christmas?"

He looked at it again and still wasn't sure if his claim was true, so he tried yet again.

"Dear Baby Jesus:  If you give me a bike, I'll be good all year."  But even that seemed too hard, so he took a walk outside to think about it.

As he was walking, he saw his neighbor's statue of Mother Mary.  The boy hopped over the fence, tucked it under his shoulder, and ran home to hide it.  Then he wrote his letter again.

"Dear Baby Jesus:  If you ever want to see your mother again, give me a bike!"

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

They are still sending mails to my old address after filing AR-11 and sending a written letter to Vermont.  Do you guys think I should fill a new change of address and write another letter to accompany my medicals to my local office? Will my local office acknowledge it and send my green card to the new address?  

2 hours ago, Mira20 said:

They are still sending mails to my old address after filing AR-11 and sending a written letter to Vermont.  Do you guys think I should fill a new change of address and write another letter to accompany my medicals to my local office? Will my local office acknowledge it and send my green card to the new address?  

Yes of course, your local office will change it .

But if your new address is now in a different State, they may not adjudicate your case but rather transfer it in your new State that will now have jurisdiction over it. 

That's why many people will wait and process their case with their current local office., most specifically when they are almost at the end of their journey. 

But you can do a changed of address ot your local post office so that, when the green card is send, it shall be redirected to your new address. 

Just as many people do, I personally did that with my EAD/AP and it worked perfectly well. 

Edited by Rhema1

15 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

Yes of course, your local office will change it .

But if your new address is now in a different State, they may not adjudicate your case but rather transfer it in your new State that will now have jurisdiction over it. 

That's why many people will wait and process their case with their current local office., most specifically when they are almost at the end of their journey. 

But you can do a changed of address ot your local post office so that, when the green card is send, it shall be redirected to your new address. 

Just as many people do, I personally did that with my EAD/AP and it worked perfectly well. 

Thank you.

it’s in the same state and same city. I did a change of address at my post office but that didn’t work for me obviously.

I will do it again and also send in the AR-11 plus a written letter and a copy of my ID, hopefully It work this time. If not for a kind woman that always send me a message whenever  I have a mail from USCIS, I would have missed important mails.

32 minutes ago, Mira20 said:

Thank you.

it’s in the same state and same city. I did a change of address at my post office but that didn’t work for me obviously.

I will do it again and also send in the AR-11 plus a written letter and a copy of my ID, hopefully It work this time. If not for a kind woman that always send me a message whenever  I have a mail from USCIS, I would have missed important mails.

A copy of your ID should always accompany your writing letter of changing your address for it to be recognized as far as vawa is concerned. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi friends, long time no see! It's been over a year since I've had my GC and I still can't get over how good it feels after all the waiting.

I'm getting married soon, seeking some advice about name change. Should I do it now? Is it mandatory to apply for a new GC or can I keep using the one with maiden name?

Another option I'm considering is waiting 1.5y and changing name while applying for naturalization, but haven't seen details specific to Houston (I'd have to go to court instead of local office?) and idk if this would extend naturalization process by a few months?

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, I have a question. So I filed for my vawa feb 2021, received my EAD July 2021 and also got my second PF earlier this month. The issue is, I’m in removal proceedings and I’m considering applying for PD. My question is, do I need to wait till my vawa application is approved or I can go ahead and apply for it now? I would appreciate any insight on this, thank you. @sandranj @Demise @Pinkrlion

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/9/2022 at 1:26 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Yayyyy! So happy for you Blunt.🥳🎉🎊🍾🥂 my turn to ask for help! Please do you know how I can go about applying for my citizenship?🥴 I really don’t know where to start from!🙄

You can apply for citizenship after 3 years, and put  that  you eligibility is based on INA § 319(a) .

On 5/20/2022 at 10:34 PM, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello, What type of background check can I do and Please where can I do background check. I'm 2018 filler and no approval yet. Thanks 

Screenshot_20220523-214214_WhatsApp.jpg

On 5/21/2022 at 5:18 AM, Rhema1 said:

Eventually, if you go back to the thread "part 24", from beginning December 2021 to March 2022, you'll find it there. 

This is the screenshot of the thread related to that background check. 

Screenshot_20220523-214302_Gallery.jpg

On 5/19/2022 at 10:22 PM, kodicsv said:

I filed on Feb 2018 

received first rfe in feb 2021 and responded in may 2021

no reply since then. I applied congressman request 1 month ago and got reply saying my security check is still pending and can’t give any estimate when it will completed.

im not sure what to do. Do senator request or obustman or mandamus. 

Any suggestions?  Please 

•  

Screenshot_20220523-214302_Gallery.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
55 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:
1 hour ago, Rhema1 said:

Screenshot_20220523-214214_WhatsApp.jpg

This is the same thing as FBI background check, IdentoGo is a 3rd party that can officially conduct the same fingerprinting based background check against the national cjis database that FBI also offers from their official website.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone, I have been a silent reader for a while. This thread has been very helpful and I appreciate all contributors. 
 I filed I360 in Nov 2019 then I485,I765 and advance parol March 2020. I’ve received 3PF, no RFE. On March 14, I received an update that I485 is transferred to another office and a letter will be sent. I received the same notice the following day but got only one letter stating my case has been transferred to NBC. I’ve not gotten any update on I360 no approval nor C31 yet. Then last week I submitted a service request on my I485 and it has my city code at the end. I submitted for I360 too just to see if that will have VSC at the end but it has my city at the end also. Should I be worried? What can I do? It’s been over 2 months since my I485 was transferred but nothing on vawa yet. Also I didn’t send any medical with my forms and I haven’t gotten any medical deficiency yet

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj

Edited by Hugefaith

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.