2,967 posts in this topic

I’m wondering, card C31 was ordered but wasn’t mailed . October 2021,  4 days later status changed “we reopened are reconsidering our earlier decision And we sent you a notice. 
I didn’t receive any notice 

didn’t receive C31 card 

2 month later contacted to VSC and officer responded: The processing of your
case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for a decision, as the required security checks remain pending.
We cannot move forward on your case until the security checks have been completed. These security checks must be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will provide you with a decision on this case as soon as possible after the security checks are complete.

How it possible??? Never heard same situation. What do you think any advice I appreciate you please. I’ll be out of processing time in June. Contacted last month congressperson but till nobody contacted me. Will I worry or not 

Sent full package 11/2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A blessed Easter and a Happy Passover to you, whichever you may celebrate.

Blessings of the season to whoever celebrates something else or nothing at all.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 4/13/2022 at 4:42 PM, Lola_lalo said:

Hello to you all👋 My interview is on April 22.

What do I need to take besides the appointment notice and medical?

I have an expired driving license due to my expired work permit. I didn't file because my I-485 was out of the normal processing time. Does it have a problem?

And any advise you have?

Thank you!

@sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 @TBoneTX @Shroy123

Finally its here! Do let me know about your interview.. i am so excited for you !! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Sunday -- time for our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke (guaranteed, if correlation = causation, to evoke approvals and positive case progress, especially when UPVOTED ON VJ).

In honor of the religious holidays, here is what we think is the very first joke ever published here by us.  Some of our colleagues here have never seen it, and those who have might enjoy it again:

====================================

SQUIRREL INFESTATION!

The Presbyterian church called a meeting to decide what to do about their squirrel infestation.  After much prayer and consideration, they concluded that the squirrels were predestined to be there, and that they should not interfere with God's will.

At the Baptist church, the squirrels had taken an interest in the baptistry.  The deacons met and decided to put a water-slide in the baptistry and let the squirrels drown themselves.  The squirrels liked the slide and, unfortunately, knew instinctively how to swim, so twice as many squirrels showed up the next week.

The Lutheran church decided that they were not in a position to harm any of God's creatures, so they humanely trapped their squirrels and set them free near the Baptist church.  Two weeks later, the squirrels were back when the Baptists took down their water-slide.

The Episcopalians tried a much more unique path.  They set out pans of whiskey around their church in an effort to kill the squirrels with alcohol poisoning.  They sadly learned how much damage a band of drunk squirrels can do.

But the Catholic church came up with a more creative strategy -- they baptized all the squirrels and made them members of the church.  Now they see them only at Christmas and Easter.

Not much was heard from the Jewish synagogue.  They took the first squirrel and circumcised him.  They haven't seen a squirrel since.

:P 

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Hey folks, is it true that USCIS is now waiving all vawa i485 green card interviews  and i-751 to remove condition interviews?

No

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

On 4/16/2022 at 5:27 AM, Rhema1 said:

USCIS is now actively adjudicating feburary 2020 files. 

Going from there, we can get a clearer understanding that it is after 24 months of waiting that someone can expect an approval form the uscis as well. 

I filed 2020 may . 
last update was name was updated 

And my EAD renewal been 65 days after I did the bio 

no update just case was received

Im just losing hope 🥺

happy Easter to everyone ❤️

1 hour ago, Salyeen said:

I filed 2020 may . 
last update was name was updated 

And my EAD renewal been 65 days after I did the bio 

no update just case was received

Im just losing hope 🥺

happy Easter to everyone ❤️

"Name was updated" is one of those weird statuses that just means that somebody took your case from the pile, looked at it, and put it back.

Anyways, don't expect much before like October.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Just now, Salyeen said:

Do you think even my EAD renewal they will hold it till they make decision ? ( c9) 

No, just talking about I-360. C9 EAD renewal depends on pending I-485, they'll approve that just fine.

14 minutes ago, Demise said:

"Name was updated" is one of those weird statuses that just means that somebody took your case from the pile, looked at it, and put it back.

Anyways, don't expect much before like October.

what would you say about "correspondence was received and uscis is reviewing it "?

1 minute ago, Demise said:

No, just talking about I-360. C9 EAD renewal depends on pending I-485, they'll approve that just fine.

Thank you , you soo Awesome 

its been 60 days since I did my bio that why I was losing hope I thought they holding with the I-360 . And I only have 100 days left from the Receipt extension (180 day )

Just now, HustlingStill said:

what would you say about "correspondence was received and uscis is reviewing it "?

If you didn't send in anything it's the same thing. Maybe their system requires an action of some sort to put a case back in the stack, would make sense to tick one of the inconsequential options to do so.

Just now, Salyeen said:

Thank you , you soo Awesome 

its been 60 days since I did my bio that why I was losing hope I thought they holding with the I-360 . And I only have 100 days left from the Receipt extension (180 day )

Wouldn't hurt to inquire via your congressman what's the hold up.

Just now, Demise said:

If you didn't send in anything it's the same thing. Maybe their system requires an action of some sort to put a case back in the stack, would make sense to tick one of the inconsequential options to do so.

i have made inquires, they updated always in the website but never gotten a response to the congress which is weird. The officer whos working is diligent but i just dont seem to understand how every time when i made inquires the status will update but no actual response 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.