Gomast

I-131 AP Denial Notice

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I’m confused. I applied to extend my expired AP. 
When I check online, I see this message:

Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent. On March 21, 2021, we received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, Receipt Number …….., and sent you a receipt notice or acceptance notice.

However, today I received this email:

Thank you for your inquiry dated February 28, 2022. Our system shows that your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, was denied on January 20, 2022. The Denial Notice was mailed to the address on file.

I haven’t received anything in the mail. 
What should I do? 
Why would they deny it after I have been waiting for almost one year, and after they already approved my first AP?

Timeline

I spoke with tier 1. They sent a denial notice which I haven’t received. I’ll wait for the letter to see what is the reason for denial. It’s frustrating that that they send a denial after waiting for 1 year. There is no appeal, right? And 2 days ago my EAD was approved for 2 years, so I just don’t get it. 

Timeline

What could be some of the reasons for denial of AP? Especially when we have been married for 2.5 years, and I have been in the US since July 2019. 

I got denied on 1/20/22, before our AOS interview on 2/16/22.

My wife and I are really frustrated. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Denying AP on pending AOS is very unusual. May the denial letter will mention the reason. Was there anything that wasn't filled out or submitted properly?

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

But why worry about the denial? You already had your interview and presumably, your GC. AP won't be of use now

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

5 hours ago, Gomast said:

What could be some of the reasons for denial of AP? Especially when we have been married for 2.5 years, and I have been in the US since July 2019. 

I got denied on 1/20/22, before our AOS interview on 2/16/22.

My wife and I are really frustrated. 

You say you were denial before your interview, you say your interview was on february 16, what happened at the interview?

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Timeline
6 hours ago, Timona said:

But why worry about the denial? You already had your interview and presumably, your GC. AP won't be of use now

I worry that the AP denial indicates that there would be an issue with the approval of the I-485. The interviewing officer said that it could take another year from the interview date to get a response for the I-485, so I thought that I could have an AP in the meantime. 

My wife and I wanted to visit our family and friends in Israel. It’s hard not to see them for 3 years. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, mytruelove18 said:

You say you were denial before your interview, you say your interview was on february 16, what happened at the interview?

We felt that the interview was going downhill!
The officer asked my wife one question about our relationship - how did we meet, and during the remaining 2 hours he grilled me about my divorce, why is my mailing address for USCIS different than our home address, why was I working in the US prior to meeting my wife (I had H1B), why did I mark on the I-485 that I was a member of a group that uses weapons ( I was serving in the army), and how come my wife sponsored Cr1 (15 years ago) for her ex husband who is also Israeli. 

Although we have been together for 4 years, maybe he thought our case is weak because we don’t have a child together, or we don’t own a home together. But we are raising 5 kids from our previous marriages and we showed the officer more than 100 photos of us with our kids and extended family during a period of 4 years, 50 pages of WhatsApp texts between us and family group texts, and some other joint accounts (insurance, utilities, bank account,taxes). He barely looked at these. 

Here is a more detailed post about our experience:

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gomast said:

I worry that the AP denial indicates that there would be an issue with the approval of the I-485. The interviewing officer said that it could take another year from the interview date to get a response for the I-485, so I thought that I could have an AP in the meantime. 

My wife and I wanted to visit our family and friends in Israel. It’s hard not to see them for 3 years. 

I know.  Most people get the same treatment at interview but have their GC within a month.

Worry not

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline

My boy was grilled in January and called me pissed off because the IO didn't give them on spot approval and was demanding more stuff.

He got his GC the same week. His interview was Monday. GC in hands Friday, same week 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Timona said:

My boy was grilled in January and called me pissed off because the IO didn't give them on spot approval and was demanding more stuff.

He got his GC the same week. His interview was Monday. GC in hands Friday, same week 

I’m sorry that he went through this experience. But  it’s good to hear that we weren’t the only ones who went through this interrogation. We felt really discouraged for a while.

I guess you are right, we don’t need the AP urgently and I won’t reapply. In a few weeks or months I’ll get a GC, which is still faster than current AP processing times. 

Timeline

I'm shocked. I just received the denial letter. They are accusing me of fraud!!! I have no idea why. I thought that my petition was so simple! 

1. Why wouldn't the interviewing officer (on 2/16/22) mention the AP denial during the i-485 interview?

2. Why would they issue an EAD card on 2/25/22, for 2 years?

How can I get more information about the denial?! Tier 1 couldn't tell me anything...

I think that at this point I have to find an immigration attorney in Miami...

45 minutes ago, Gomast said:

I'm shocked. I just received the denial letter. They are accusing me of fraud!!! I have no idea why. I thought that my petition was so simple! 

1. Why wouldn't the interviewing officer (on 2/16/22) mention the AP denial during the i-485 interview?

2. Why would they issue an EAD card on 2/25/22, for 2 years?

How can I get more information about the denial?! Tier 1 couldn't tell me anything...

I think that at this point I have to find an immigration attorney in Miami...

Did you send all evidence you bring to interview dsy eith your aos package?

why your home address is diferent to the one you use for uscis?

having different address raises suspicion to uscis. 

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Roc April 27, 2021

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

🤣

3 hours ago, Gomast said:

We felt that the interview was going downhill!
The officer asked my wife one question about our relationship - how did we meet, and during the remaining 2 hours he grilled me about my divorce, why is my mailing address for USCIS different than our home address, why was I working in the US prior to meeting my wife (I had H1B), why did I mark on the I-485 that I was a member of a group that uses weapons ( I was serving in the army), and how come my wife sponsored Cr1 (15 years ago) for her ex husband who is also Israeli. 

Although we have been together for 4 years, maybe he thought our case is weak because we don’t have a child together, or we don’t own a home together. But we are raising 5 kids from our previous marriages and we showed the officer more than 100 photos of us with our kids and extended family during a period of 4 years, 50 pages of WhatsApp texts between us and family group texts, and some other joint accounts (insurance, utilities, bank account,taxes). He barely looked at these. 

Here is a more detailed post about our experience:

I red your experience, 2 differents address is a hight concern, for the officer you were living appart. You say if your wife add you yo the lease they raise the rent, but in yor case that was very important show common residence.

best thing to do is send a new aos package with same address and all evidence as you can

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Roc April 27, 2021

🤣

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.