CelloLover

Apply for asylum for Ukrainian Fiance while K1 application in process

37 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, ЮлияAndMalachi said:

Hello, 

I'm glad y'all got out safe just as we did.

We had planned to submit CR-1 after our marriage planned that still happened on 26/02/2022. Luckily, I was in contact with Department of State and they told me to leave and to get a visa in a neighboring country, preferably Poland. So we got the tourist visa and we are traveling back to USA as we speak. You need to submit for expedited paperwork for your k1 visa so that the embassy can get it and you do the interview there. 

Hopefully this helps and I hope all her family and friends are safe. 

Wait - Warsaw granted you a B2 tourist interview in 1-2 weeks? My understanding was that they were booked solid until the end of the year. Granted, all of the Russian B2 applicants will likely have to cancel their appointments, but that's quite strange. Even the State Dept.'s website implies it's over 100 day wait.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
59 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

Wait - Warsaw granted you a B2 tourist interview in 1-2 weeks? My understanding was that they were booked solid until the end of the year. Granted, all of the Russian B2 applicants will likely have to cancel their appointments, but that's quite strange. Even the State Dept.'s website implies it's over 100 day wait.

Yes, I actually paid and scheduled incorrectly for k3 visa ( immigrant visa) but then had to pay mrv fee again for ds160 as non immigrant and requested for group visa interview ( its in their instructions on the warsaw embassy page) or to either schedule as crew c1/Dfor warsaw or student j1 for Krakow and request expedite. My appointment was after 2 days the one that scheduled incorrectly and the visa was ready for pickup the next day! They didn't even ask my wife for proof of income or marriage certificate 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, ЮлияAndMalachi said:

Hello, 

I'm glad y'all got out safe just as we did.

We had planned to submit CR-1 after our marriage planned that still happened on 26/02/2022. Luckily, I was in contact with Department of State and they told me to leave and to get a visa in a neighboring country, preferably Poland. So we got the tourist visa and we are traveling back to USA as we speak. You need to submit for expedited paperwork for your k1 visa so that the embassy can get it and you do the interview there. 

Hopefully this helps and I hope all her family and friends are safe. 

Damn this is crazy fast. Glad to see US Dep is working and you got to the US.

Did you have all the documents with you? Birth certificate, police certificate? Or those weren’t asked for this type of visa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/25/2022 at 1:47 PM, CelloLover said:

My fiancee is Ukrainian. We submitted the I-129F About 8 months ago and are still waiting on it. It is still in NVC1 stage.

Luckily she got out before the war started and we are currently together in another country, but unfortunately, our tourist visas are about to expire.

Can she fly into the US and seek asylum and then get married to me while having an I-129F in process?

all u have to do just move to uae or any country that can offer  resident especially UAE get ur 2 years resident move ur case file to usa embassy in Abu dahbi moving the case will take 8 weeks or more. u can do ur interview  but first contact US embasy explain ur situation thank u…

Edited by Jeffry Hardy

Timeline
9 hours ago, chivaschivas said:

Damn this is crazy fast. Glad to see US Dep is working and you got to the US.

Did you have all the documents with you? Birth certificate, police certificate? Or those weren’t asked for this type of visa?

We just had printed copies since of course we left Ukraine in a rush. No police certificate because even though requested on Diya app, it wasn't ready in time. They didn't ask to see our marriage certificate, just she talked about going to be with her husband ( me) who is waiting outside the embassy to go back to USA until the war is over. But right now there is TPS for Ukrainians, meaning there is 18 months to adjust status and get paperwork done 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 hours ago, ЮлияAndMalachi said:

We just had printed copies since of course we left Ukraine in a rush. No police certificate because even though requested on Diya app, it wasn't ready in time. They didn't ask to see our marriage certificate, just she talked about going to be with her husband ( me) who is waiting outside the embassy to go back to USA until the war is over. But right now there is TPS for Ukrainians, meaning there is 18 months to adjust status and get paperwork done 

B2 is a non immigrant visa.

TPS has a cut off date of 1st March

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
On 3/7/2022 at 7:13 PM, Boiler said:

B2 is a non immigrant visa.

TPS has a cut off date of 1st March

Of 9 days ago TPS, or one year from now ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.