AmericanNomad

Is there currently any way for an unvaccinated foreigner to enter the Philippines?

64 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm from the US and I'm not vaccinated, and I have a girlfriend from the Philippines I haven't seen for a little over 2 years. We'd love to see each other and spend time together, even if it's just for a few weeks. Is there currently any way for me to enter the Philippines? I heard some news about Cebu allowing unvaccinated foreigners with quarantine, but not sure if it's true or not.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

From the US Embassy in Manila.  https://ph.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/#:~:text=As%20of%20February%2010%2C%202022,facility%2Dbased%20quarantine%20upon%20arrival.

Unvaccinated travelers are not allowed to enter the Philippines.

I also heard the news about Cebu governor letting unvaccinated in starting March 1 but they have to quarantine 5 days then a negative test. There's an article explaining about it. It looks like only in Cebu province area but there's International airport in Lapu-lapu.

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1921361/cebu/local-news/gwen-its-the-iatf-that-allowed-entry-of-unvaccinated-travelers

3 hours ago, Will&Christine said:

I also heard the news about Cebu governor letting unvaccinated in starting March 1 but they have to quarantine 5 days then a negative test. There's an article explaining about it. It looks like only in Cebu province area but there's International airport in Lapu-lapu.

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1921361/cebu/local-news/gwen-its-the-iatf-that-allowed-entry-of-unvaccinated-travelers

Do you know if I would be able to fly into Cebu, do the quarantine and take the negative test, and then from there fly to Davao? That's where my girlfriend lives.

Edited by AmericanNomad

12 hours ago, AmericanNomad said:

Do you know if I would be able to fly into Cebu, do the quarantine and take the negative test, and then from there fly to Davao? That's where my girlfriend lives.

It wasn't clear that you can leave Cebu after quarantine. It seems like it's implying you have to stay in Cebu island. Better to have your gf fly to Cebu.

Mactan Cebu Airport Advisory  has very current information on this topic.   If not compliant with IATF 160B Section A (1) to (3),  passenger shall be denied admission.  AND If not compliant with Section A (3) - get swab test and quarantine in hotel.   It's a bit unclear what is meant by "if not compliant with A (2)" - it could be they also can get swab test and quarantine.

cebu1.png

Edited by cebutraveler
need to add one word

2 hours ago, AmericanNomad said:

Does anyone know if the Philippines accepts Novavax as a valid vaccine to have for entry into the country?

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/philippines-approves-emergency-use-novavaxs-covid-19-vaccine-2021-11-17/

Finally done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/23/2022 at 5:39 PM, Talako said:

Your fighting this, so nope:

it has changed recently: 

B. International Arriving Passengers who are UNVACCINATED, PARTIALLY VACCINATED, or those whose vaccination status could not be independently validated

1. They shall be required to present a negative RT-PCR test taken within forty-eight (48) hours prior to departure from the country of origin.
  2. Additionally, they shall be required to undergo facility-based quarantine until the release of their negative RT-PCR test taken on the fifth (5th) day. After which, they shall be required to undergo home quarantine until their fourteenth (14th) day, with the date of arrival being the first day. The local governments of their destination and their respective Barangay Health Emergency Response Teams are tasked to monitor those arriving passengers undergoing home quarantine.

Timeline
On 2/23/2022 at 4:53 PM, AmericanNomad said:

Hello, I'm from the US and I'm not vaccinated, and I have a girlfriend from the Philippines I haven't seen for a little over 2 years. We'd love to see each other and spend time together, even if it's just for a few weeks. Is there currently any way for me to enter the Philippines? I heard some news about Cebu allowing unvaccinated foreigners with quarantine, but not sure if it's true or not.

i'm monitoring this thread - I'm curious if the stupid quarantine requirement will change by June 1, 2022

1 hour ago, defeedme said:

i'm monitoring this thread - I'm curious if the stupid quarantine requirement will change by June 1, 2022

It's been changed since February this year.

Quarantine will only be required for unvaccinated people.... vaccinated people are no longer required to quarantine in an accredited hotel.

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

Timeline
2 hours ago, MarryMe987654 said:

It's been changed since February this year.

Quarantine will only be required for unvaccinated people.... vaccinated people are no longer required to quarantine in an accredited hotel.

correct but by June 1 will they lift the quarantine for unvaccinated? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Talako said:

This is the Philippines.  Wait an hour, and it will be different.

yup, that's why i'm waiting - you only need 2 weeks for the single dose johnson and johnson worst case - our flight is june 3

I really don't want that poison 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.