Kurt and Kristina

Time between Interview & Passport received / Visit for interview

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone.

Totally new to the site and the journey. Any suggestions / information is appreciated.

This is in regards to the Manila Embassy (Philippines) 

Is the Petitioner allowed to attend the interview with the Beneficiary? 

How long does it typically take from visa approval to delivery of passport?

I would like to be with my fiancée for her interview, and then fly to the US with her.

Thank you! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

****I moved this thread to the Philippines regional forum*****

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

Hello everyone.

Totally new to the site and the journey. Any suggestions / information is appreciated.

I would like to be with my fiancée for her interview, and then fly to the US with her.

Thank you! 

Did you just barely file the I-129F? If so, you probably have several years until your fiancée has an interview. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

Hello everyone.

Thank you! 

Last time I checked, the petitioner was allowed to enter the Embassy with the beneficiary. Not sure if that's changed over the past couple years. It used to be a good idea for the petitioner to come along to show their support, but... and this is just my opinion... in this current pandemic, they might not appreciate having an extra person present during the interview. You might wanna consider that even if it is allowed, it might cause more harm than good.

In any case, K1 interviews have been a breeze during the pandemic. I think the interviewers just want people out of their face ASAP. 

Visa & Passport is typically delivered in less than 2 weeks after approval.

Pre covid you could attend. I did. I walked up to all windows with my fiance/wife. Interviews have always been less than difficult unless the petitioner has some criminal history. While I was there I heard some grillings about protective orders and criminal convictions. I even saw one American told to go sit back down so they could talk to the fiance alone.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

Hello everyone.

Thank you! 

3 business day after interview, we had VOH from LBC SM Mall of Asia. 

Timeline
On 2/8/2022 at 7:44 PM, Kurt and Kristina said:

Hello everyone.

Thank you! 

we just did ours in Jan and it took almost 2 weeks to be mailed to her home.  but if you opt to pick it up in Manila I'd assume you shave a few days off of that.  if you're going into the embassy you'll need to pass a PCR test.  

Timeline
On 2/8/2022 at 6:44 PM, Kurt and Kristina said:

Hello everyone.

Thank you! 

Fiancée got hers 5 days after interview. She lives in Mindanao 

Timeline
On 2/11/2022 at 4:54 PM, NoMansLand2020 said:

Fiancée got hers 5 days after interview. She lives in Mindanao 

That is great to know. Mine lives in Manila, so I would assume fairly quick. Thanks for the answers and help!

4 minutes ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

Mine lives in Manila, so I would assume fairly quick.

I lived in Metro Manila and had my visa delivered to my house.  My case is IR1, but I assume category differences don't matter with visa delivery.  Anyway, here's my timeline --

Nov 5 (Fri) -- Interview

Nov 9 (Tue) -- Issued

Nov 11 (Thu) -- Delivered

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

I lived in Metro Manila and had my visa delivered to my house.  My case is IR1, but I assume category differences don't matter with visa delivery.  Anyway, here's my timeline --

Nov 5 (Fri) -- Interview

Nov 9 (Tue) -- Issued

Nov 11 (Thu) -- Delivered

This really helps. Thank you! I guess I should have been more specific... Pasig City.. :)

Wow years but maybe I can remember this.

1.) Yes you can even stand right there beside her but you will be instructed not to answer questions.  They know you are both nervous and will try to calm you down some. Anyways; The answers have to come from the filipina so be sure to explain that to her so she is not looking at you expecting you to answer stuff which she still will do. So be sure to point your finger at the guy asking questions and eventually she will smile and catch on.  He will just laugh as if he sees it every day.

2.) The US government is a great customer for the delivery service it will be prompt.  I mean you should expect at least equal to jollibee or mcdo.

3.) Absolutely and I did the same.

3a.) Good Thing I did too.  I remember her walking right past the Philippine Immigration guy after I handed him my passport.  She kept right on walking like she was getting on the plane right now, and he didn't notice one bit.  She got pretty far too before wondering where I was at turning her head around as I was standing there not moving just waiting, waving, using my eyes hey back here while he checked all the entries in my passport.  I just barely made it without having to get the silly six month exit clearance stamp and paying that extra immigration fee.  He was upset too when he seen her walking back.  Of course he said nothing but his face WOW!

As of October 2021 there was strictly no petitioners allowed to attend interviews due to chinese rona virus.  They were strictly enforcing interviewees only inside the embassy at that time.   Now????  who knows??? But I have not seen an account of that policy being relaxed.  Visa delivery took like 3 or 4 days after the interview.  It was quick for us.  

Edited by top_secret

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.