cucaracha123

Expedite request denied but email said we're DQ

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi, 

We sent all the documentation for the CR-1 and sent a request for expedite the process and send it to the Embassy since my spouse is in the military and we are PCSing this year. The Embassy denied the request and on this same email, the NVC said: 'This case is now documentarily qualified. This means that the NVC has all of the documents we requested. Your application is now waiting for an interview appointment, where a consular officer will adjudicate it.' 

Does it mean we are DQ? How long does it take to get an interview for CR-1 in Spain???  

I really need some help with this since we are not sure we are going to make it in time for us to leave together!!!😟

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
13 minutes ago, cucaracha123 said:

Hi, 

We sent all the documentation for the CR-1 and sent a request for expedite the process and send it to the Embassy since my spouse is in the military and we are PCSing this year. The Embassy denied the request and on this same email, the NVC said: 'This case is now documentarily qualified. This means that the NVC has all of the documents we requested. Your application is now waiting for an interview appointment, where a consular officer will adjudicate it.' 

Does it mean we are DQ? How long does it take to get an interview for CR-1 in Spain???  

I really need some help with this since we are not sure we are going to make it in time for us to leave together!!!😟

Yes, it means you are DQ.  (DQ is short for documentarily qualified.)  A desire to leave together is not a reason for an expedite.  The US Citizen can leave when they are required to, and the foreign spouse can leave when they get their visa.  Perhaps somebody else knows the current wait from DQ to interview in Madrid.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 2/9/2022 at 6:20 AM, cucaracha123 said:

Hi, 

When are you moving? Not a lot of people interviewing in Spain on the forums so it is difficult to predict how long it will take.  

The last member with an updated timeline was DQed around May 10 2021 and interviewed July 6th 2021. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=378462

So, I would assume a wait of 2 months at least. 

Perhaps reach out to the members in the military forum to see if it is possible to expedite if waiting +/- 2 months is not doable. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, cucaracha123 said:

Just to update: I called NVC and they said the person that sent the email was wrong and we're not DQ yet 🥴🥴🥴

That is messed up 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.