Sarge2155

February 2022 - AOS Filers

209 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, highvoltage said:

Do you have a joint bank statement, lot of them were asked about it during the interview.

I have a question... I am in a situation where I don't actually have any joint evidence:

- No joint phone bills (my UK & Skype rates are much better)

- No rent leases or mortgage (husband owns the house)

- No joint bank statements (I use his card if needed)

- No joint loans or joint investments

- No joint income tax returns (he filed separately for 2021 and I didn't have to file at all)

- No joint family insurance plan (this is our mistake but it's been a confusing process and we will change that - currently we have two individual insurances, but that is not until 2023, if by any luck, our interview happens before that)

I am simply curious... How much of the joint evidence do I actually need? I'll have to get some just for the sake of the interview (I wouldn't otherwise), so I'm assuming it's relatively easy to get my name on one of the electricity bills, but what about other proof? Would it be enough to just come with a bunch of mail/doctor's appointments addressed to me or him to the same house?

Thanks!

On 5/12/2022 at 11:27 AM, olivia77 said:

I have a question... I am in a situation where I don't actually have any joint evidence:

- No joint phone bills (my UK & Skype rates are much better)

- No rent leases or mortgage (husband owns the house)

- No joint bank statements (I use his card if needed)

- No joint loans or joint investments

- No joint income tax returns (he filed separately for 2021 and I didn't have to file at all)

- No joint family insurance plan (this is our mistake but it's been a confusing process and we will change that - currently we have two individual insurances, but that is not until 2023, if by any luck, our interview happens before that)

I am simply curious... How much of the joint evidence do I actually need? I'll have to get some just for the sake of the interview (I wouldn't otherwise), so I'm assuming it's relatively easy to get my name on one of the electricity bills, but what about other proof? Would it be enough to just come with a bunch of mail/doctor's appointments addressed to me or him to the same house?

Thanks!

We have to show something which is joint, get some of them like a utility bill, health insurance etc. Not having a joint bank account is a major red flag. I might be wrong as well as interviewer might not even ask for it. Do you have photos as to where you have gone to some trips/vacation together?

On 5/12/2022 at 10:22 AM, KateD said:

No, wish we did. Tried a few banks and I wasn't able to put him on my current accounts or open one together.  Mostly due to not having ssn; which is separate issue--we tried to get ssn too and couldn't get it.

Where are you based out of, i meant which state? Anyways did you already finish the interview?

19 hours ago, highvoltage said:

We have to show something which is joint, get some of them like a utility bill, health insurance etc. Not having a joint bank account is a major red flag. I might be wrong as well as interviewer might not even ask for it. Do you have photos as to where you have gone to some trips/vacation together?

Yes, we have plenty of photographs.

Maybe it's because I am European, but having a joint account is very unusual to me. I do believe though that every couple and their financial situation is different so it may not necessarily be considered a red flag. Thanks for the input!

9 hours ago, olivia77 said:

Yes, we have plenty of photographs.

Maybe it's because I am European, but having a joint account is very unusual to me. I do believe though that every couple and their financial situation is different so it may not necessarily be considered a red flag. Thanks for the input!

Understood, true it might not be the case for you. Good Luck to you. When is your interview?

8 hours ago, prai said:

Any February 2022 filers received their EAD

Yes we did. We had expedited based on job offer.

5 hours ago, highvoltage said:

Understood, true it might not be the case for you. Good Luck to you. When is your interview?

Yes we did. We had expedited based on job offer.

Thank you! I don't have an interview yet, my case is stuck at ''actively reviewing'' since the end of March, when USCIS acknowledged my RFE evidence. However, I am researching on how to expedite my EAD based on a few freelance offers. Would you mind sharing a bit about your process?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 5/14/2022 at 9:30 PM, highvoltage said:

Where are you based out of, i meant which state? Anyways did you already finish the interview?

New Mexico. Interview is on Thurs.

interview scheduled ( dont know the interview date, i looked at uscis account on document tab and nothing)

02/03/22 : package sent

02/07/22 : PD

02/09/22 : biometric reused + case is being actively reviewed by USCIS

05/19/22 : interview was scheduled ( notification )

On 5/16/2022 at 4:07 AM, olivia77 said:

Thank you! I don't have an interview yet, my case is stuck at ''actively reviewing'' since the end of March, when USCIS acknowledged my RFE evidence. However, I am researching on how to expedite my EAD based on a few freelance offers. Would you mind sharing a bit about your process?

Pretty much similar, where we had asked for a expedite based on a pending job offer. Once we got the notice from USCIS to share the information via fax we faxed it.

On 5/16/2022 at 4:29 AM, KateD said:

New Mexico. Interview is on Thurs.

Good luck, please do share your experience.

Entered on a K1 via LAX on January 16, 2022.

Called my Social Security Administration office 10 days after entry and made an appointment. SSN (card) arrived 45 days later.

Filed I-485, I-765, and I-131 on February 2, 2022.

Biometrics appointment was on March 3, 2022. 

EAD card arrived on March 23, 2022.

Green Card interview was on May 20, 2022. Approved at the office and case updated online the next day. They also closed my EAD case at the same time.

13 hours ago, Misscloud said:

Im planning to bring this additional of evidence ( with cover letter to explain the index ) do you think its overkill? The reason I put in index so the IO can pick and choose themself 

interview is on 6/28

66B30CEA-039D-4DE5-917E-A30215AB3A79.jpeg

Probably, but who cares. Better to cover your bases rather than be left needing to submit additional evidence.

For reference, I had my interview on Friday and the Officer only asked for my Marriage certificate (I had the original and a copy, he retained the copy), asked to see documentation proving I was on my wife's Health Insurance, and asked my wife and I to open our phones and show him some photos of our relationship, wedding if possible. All the rest of the documents I brought went straight back into my files. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.