ineedadisplayname

N-400 February 2022 Filers

367 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Xroy said:

Finally got my interview for January ending but my i751 is still pending. If was suppose to be a combo interview, will it be explicitly stated in the interview notice sent to me? Hoping to get clarification from people that have been in this situation before. Thanks.

Is your interview in Jacksonville? I received an interview notice for N-400 2 weeks ago and a separate interview notice for my pending 

I-751 today (just a status update for now). I am waiting to see if the notice has the same date as the N-400 interview, that would be nice. So to answer your question, they may update your I-751 status like they just did with mine, or they may not, but I would prepare for both just in case

11 minutes ago, annab864 said:

Is your interview in Jacksonville? I received an interview notice for N-400 2 weeks ago and a separate interview notice for my pending 

I-751 today (just a status update for now). I am waiting to see if the notice has the same date as the N-400 interview, that would be nice. So to answer your question, they may update your I-751 status like they just did with mine, or they may not, but I would prepare for both just in case

When you say a status update, is it something like your fingerprint was reapplied again?

56 minutes ago, Xroy said:

When you say a status update, is it something like your fingerprint was reapplied again?

Yeah, if you track your case online you get notified of any changes made to it, so I was shocked to receive an update on my I-751 case today, considering the last update happened 400+ days ago

3 hours ago, annab864 said:

Yeah, if you track your case online you get notified of any changes made to it, so I was shocked to receive an update on my I-751 case today, considering the last update happened 400+ days ago

I actually got an update for my i751 exactly 2 months ago today that finger print was applied again. after the notice that case was transferred to NBC in August.

17 hours ago, annab864 said:

And yes, my interview is in Jacksonville

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2022 at 11:49 AM, Trif2018 said:

I finally got my interview notice for January 10th, I'm so happy things seem to finally be moving.

Is there any way to know whether Oath ceremony will happen the same day?

Hi there, how was your interview? Mine is on Friday in Jacksonville:)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
Just now, annab864 said:

Hi there, how was your interview? Mine is on Friday in Jacksonville:)

They rescheduled mine for the 26th :( Let me know how it goes tomorrow! At what time do you have the interview? Good luck!!! 

23 minutes ago, Trif2018 said:

They rescheduled mine for the 26th :( Let me know how it goes tomorrow! At what time do you have the interview? Good luck!!! 

Wow! Did they explain why they rescheduled? Did you have to show up to find out or they sent you a letter?
As for me, they confused the dates - since i will have a combo interview (i-751 pending as well), they first scheduled N-400 interview for the 17th, and  i-751 interview for Friday the 13th. Then they sent me a letter that both interviews will be held on the 17th. However, i will still show up on Friday in case they choose to interview me. Thank you for wishing me luck! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, annab864 said:

Wow! Did they explain why they rescheduled? Did you have to show up to find out or they sent you a letter?
As for me, they confused the dates - since i will have a combo interview (i-751 pending as well), they first scheduled N-400 interview for the 17th, and  i-751 interview for Friday the 13th. Then they sent me a letter that both interviews will be held on the 17th. However, i will still show up on Friday in case they choose to interview me. Thank you for wishing me luck! 

No explanation at all. I only realized because I randomly logged into my USCIS account, I did not receive an email with the de-scheduling of the original interview and the re-scheduling of the new one. Best of luck tomorrow or on the 17th!

On 1/11/2023 at 10:12 AM, Trif2018 said:

No explanation at all. I only realized because I randomly logged into my USCIS account, I did not receive an email with the de-scheduling of the original interview and the re-scheduling of the new one. Best of luck tomorrow or on the 17th!

So, they rescheduled mine for the 17th. I drove there for nothing today basically 😕 but my journey is nearing the end so i will keep everyone posted next week! 

And it’s done! The interview was today and i got approved. I am from July thread, however i see people from Jacksonville in this one so i wanted to update those who are still waiting. 
It was not a same-day oath ceremony, they scheduled mine for Jan 25th. My I-751 was also processed (approved) today, however, when i check the status of both applications, only N-400 shows updates (the most recent one - oath ceremony notice was mailed). I hope that’s normal? 

Timeline
Just now, annab864 said:

And it’s done! The interview was today and i got approved. I am from July thread, however i see people from Jacksonville in this one so i wanted to update those who are still waiting. 
It was not a same-day oath ceremony, they scheduled mine for Jan 25th. My I-751 was also processed (approved) today, however, when i check the status of both applications, only N-400 shows updates (the most recent one - oath ceremony notice was mailed). I hope that’s normal? 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What time was your interview today? I have mine next week but it's at 3.30pm so my chances of same day oath are close to zero I think

1 minute ago, Trif2018 said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What time was your interview today? I have mine next week but it's at 3.30pm so my chances of same day oath are close to zero I think

Thank you! It was at 12:45pm, and it was a very busy office, so i would probably agree that they may not be able to do everything the same day, but you never know!

14 minutes ago, annab864 said:

Congratulations!

It seems like Jacksonville likes to interview for i751 as well, with no obvious reason.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.