pavelp

I130 January 2022 filers for Parents

132 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, sky88 said:

Hi All, 

Applied on 01/16/2022. Case was approved on 01/25/2023. 

NVC created case on 01/28/2023. Received case number and invoice ID via email.

Paid the fees 02/03/2023. Payments were fully processed 02/10/2023.

Submitted AOS 02/10/2023. 

Filled DS-260 02/14/2023. 

Submitted Civil Documents 02/15/2023.

Now is time to wait :)

Hope not to get a RFE.

Best, 

Stefania 

Thank you for the update and congratulations!

Any tips and tricks in terms of getting everything ready for DS-260 submission while waiting for I-130 approval?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
44 minutes ago, pavelp said:

Thank you for the update and congratulations!

Any tips and tricks in terms of getting everything ready for DS-260 submission while waiting for I-130 approval?

Hi pavelp, 

I would suggest that you start filling the AOS (FORM I-864) and gather all the documentation needed (IRS transcripts, W-2, work letter, paystubs, citizenship proof, etc...) This step took me the longest. 😑

Depending on your case, gather all the civil documents (birth certificate, marriage certificate, criminal record, passport bio, photographs...) Also, make sure scanning/document files are under 2MB.

Once you have all of these documents it gets easier to fill the DS-260. 

Let me know if you need anything else. 

1 minute ago, sky88 said:

Hi pavelp, 

I would suggest that you start filling the AOS (FORM I-864) and gather all the documentation needed (IRS transcripts, W-2, work letter, paystubs, citizenship proof, etc...) This step took me the longest. 😑

Depending on your case, gather all the civil documents (birth certificate, marriage certificate, criminal record, passport bio, photographs...) Also, make sure scanning/document files are under 2MB.

Once you have all of these documents it gets easier to fill the DS-260. 

Let me know if you need anything else. 

Got it, thank you for the information!

What is 'work letter'?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, 

Just got an approval on February 15, 2023.

Here's my timeline. 

Applied 1/29/2022

NOA 2/9/2022

Approved 2/15/2023

NVC notification 2/19/2023

Paid fees for both AOS and IV 2/20/2023 (status for both were in process after payment but when I logged back in, AOS is showing PAY NOW..... Should I just check back after few days? hopefully it will process)

I'm currently gathering documents and was wondering for those of you who already submitted the AOS documents and evidences, did you include 2022 documents?

I'm worried because I'm currently not working since November 2021 because I have to care for my newborn. I was planning to go back to work once my mom arrives here in the US. My husband will be a joint sponsor for the AOS. He is currently an active military personnel. I was wondering which category are we going to be under in this poverty guideline:

image.png.a44e69318e8de43d0f9e1041813626d0.png

I don't think our household income is enough if we are under the 125% (if it's based on 2022 income). 

What could be our other option?

Thank you for your advice and good luck to everyone. 

9 hours ago, jarj said:

Hello, 

Here's my timeline. 

Applied 1/29/2022

NOA 2/9/2022

Approved 2/15/2023

Paid fees for both AOS and IV 2/20/2023 (status for both were in process after payment but when I logged back in, AOS is showing PAY NOW..... Should I just check back after few days? hopefully it will process)

I'm currently gathering documents and was wondering for those of you who already submitted the AOS documents and evidences, did you include 2022 documents?

I'm worried because I'm currently not working since November 2021 because I have to care for my newborn. I was planning to go back to work once my mom arrives here in the US. My husband will be a joint sponsor for the AOS. He is currently an active military personnel. I was wondering which category are we going to be under in this poverty guideline:

I don't think our household income is enough if we are under the 125% (if it's based on 2022 income). 

Thank you for providing the status.

I looked at https://www.uscis.gov/i-864, section 'Checklist of Required Initial Evidence (for informational purposes only)' and it says "A copy of your individual federal income tax return, including W-2s for the most recent tax year" which in your case is 2022.

"If you are the petitioning sponsor and on active duty in the U.S. armed forces or U.S. Coast Guard and are sponsoring your spouse or child using 100% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines..." -- it looks like not the case for you, so it sounds like in your case it's 125%.

I'd have a chat with an immigration layer to see if there are any options available.

Good luck, I hope there are options and you will be able to move forward with your case.

Timeline
1 hour ago, pavelp said:

Thank you for providing the status.

I looked at https://www.uscis.gov/i-864, section 'Checklist of Required Initial Evidence (for informational purposes only)' and it says "A copy of your individual federal income tax return, including W-2s for the most recent tax year" which in your case is 2022.

"If you are the petitioning sponsor and on active duty in the U.S. armed forces or U.S. Coast Guard and are sponsoring your spouse or child using 100% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines..." -- it looks like not the case for you, so it sounds like in your case it's 125%.

I'd have a chat with an immigration layer to see if there are any options available.

Good luck, I hope there are options and you will be able to move forward with your case.

Thank you for the input. 

Also to add, we’re short for few hundreds to meet the guideline. 

We have savings and asset (house & car) that could cover it, would that help? What could be the necessary additional steps?

We have some relatives here in the US as well, is it possible to add sponsors?

Edited by jarj

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
12 hours ago, jarj said:

Hello, 

Here's my timeline. 

Applied 1/29/2022

NOA 2/9/2022

Approved 2/15/2023

Hi, 

Should I just check back after few days? hopefully it will process)

Same thing happened to me, I had to resubmit payment. Status was updated to PAID once it was processed. 

image.png.c1940dd0cd68cb9668b83fd9c7e63b14.png

I already filed taxes for 2022. I submitted transcripts for 2020, 2021 and 2022 along with the W-2. I would suggest having a joint sponsor and fill form I-864A. 

4 hours ago, jarj said:

Thank you for the input. 

Also to add, we’re short for few hundreds to meet the guideline. 

We have savings and asset (house & car) that could cover it, would that help? What could be the necessary additional steps?

We have some relatives here in the US as well, is it possible to add sponsors?

Take a look at I-864 instructions https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864instr.pdf

Page 12, sections:

- What if I Cannot Meet the Income Requirements?

- How Can My Relatives and Dependents Help Me Meet the Income Requirements?

- Can the Intending Immigrant Help Me Meet the Income Requirements?

There's also Part 7 (use of assets to supplement income) section of I-864 that you can take advantage of.

Hope that helps.

10 minutes ago, Alexus! said:

Hey guys!

Anyone else cant find their new and old case on USCIS website?

I'm trying to add more evidence to my case by I can't find the case.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 9.12.59 AM.png

Same here. I logged into my account this morning and saw the same thing. I thought they may be updating the case. May be tomorrow, we can expect to have something?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Can anyone please guide me,what documents parents need to take for interview. I just want to prepare for that. Do my mother need my original birth certificate and original citizsnship certificate during her interview? do I need to send these documents to her before interview? 

Timeline
On 2/21/2023 at 3:19 PM, pavelp said:

Take a look at I-864 instructions https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864instr.pdf

Page 12, sections:

- What if I Cannot Meet the Income Requirements?

- How Can My Relatives and Dependents Help Me Meet the Income Requirements?

- Can the Intending Immigrant Help Me Meet the Income Requirements?

There's also Part 7 (use of assets to supplement income) section of I-864 that you can take advantage of.

Hope that helps.

Thank you again. 

Looks like i'll have tons of separate questions as I fill out the forms. Sorry in advance.

1. Part 6 no. 7. should I leave this blank or $0?

2. I'd be putting my husband's name on item 8., so he'll be using form I-864A. That means we have forms I-864 and I-864A, correct? 

3. Item 13, for the current income, will it be the annual income? Gross or net? Is it ok to put estimate (since it's just February)?

Timeline
1 hour ago, jarj said:

Thank you again. 

Looks like i'll have tons of separate questions as I fill out the forms. Sorry in advance.

2. I'd be putting my husband's name on item 8., so he'll be using form I-864A. That means we have forms I-864 and I-864A, correct? 

3. Item 13, for the current income, will it be the annual income? Gross or net? Is it ok to put estimate (since it's just February)?

EDIT...

Thank you again. 

3. Item 13, I'm entering the amount from the W2. From this image.png.03f250c43541e743379acaa3dc31ac9b.png, correct?

4. Part 6 item 24, using the IRS transcript, I'm getting the amount from this image.png.cfaa9255533dac07bbb207332bbd242e.png, correct?

5. Part 7 item 2, where can I get this?

Hi Everyone!

So my I-130 petition got approved last 10FEB2023 but USCIS hasn't sent it to NVC yet. Did i missed any documents? below is the approval letter from USCIS;

The above petition has been approved. However, you indicated on the petition that the beneficiary intends to apply for an immigrant visa abroad at a U.S. Embassy or a U.S. Consulate and will also apply for adjustment of status in the United States. Since you have indicated both options, USCIS has retained the petition.

If the beneficiary intends to apply for adjustment of status in the United States, they should submit a copy of this notice, along with a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. They can obtain Form I-485 from the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov, by contacting the USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283, or by visiting the local USCIS field office. Filing address information can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov.

If the beneficiary decides to apply for an immigrant visa outside the United States based on this petition, you should file Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, to request that we send the petition to the U.S. Department of State National Visa Center (NVC).

The NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that require consular action. The NVC also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. It will then forward the approved petition to that consulate.

The NVC will contact the beneficiary of this petition with further information about immigrant visa processing steps.

Pls advise. Thank you

Kid Kulafu

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.