pavelp

I130 January 2022 filers for Parents

132 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kid Kulafu said:

Hi Everyone!

So my I-130 petition got approved last 10FEB2023 but USCIS hasn't sent it to NVC yet. Did i missed any documents? below is the approval letter from USCIS;

The above petition has been approved. However, you indicated on the petition that the beneficiary intends to apply for an immigrant visa abroad at a U.S. Embassy or a U.S. Consulate and will also apply for adjustment of status in the United States. Since you have indicated both options, USCIS has retained the petition.

If the beneficiary intends to apply for adjustment of status in the United States, they should submit a copy of this notice, along with a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. They can obtain Form I-485 from the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov, by contacting the USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283, or by visiting the local USCIS field office. Filing address information can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov.

If the beneficiary decides to apply for an immigrant visa outside the United States based on this petition, you should file Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, to request that we send the petition to the U.S. Department of State National Visa Center (NVC).

The NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that require consular action. The NVC also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. It will then forward the approved petition to that consulate.

The NVC will contact the beneficiary of this petition with further information about immigrant visa processing steps.

Pls advise. Thank you

Kid Kulafu

Hi there, 

It seems to be that the beneficiary is currently in USA, right? Then, beneficiary must apply for Adjustment of status. 

Fill form I-485, I-765 and I-131 together and send them with the approval notice you got from USCIS. 

Please let me know if you need anything else. 

Stef

Timeline
21 hours ago, pavelp said:

Hey Folks!

My mom got her I-130 approved, next up NVC!

Here's our timeline so far:

I-130 Sent: 01/20/2022

I-130 NOA1: 01/20/2022 (Texas Processing Center)

I-130 Approved: 03/06/2023 (Nebraska Processing Center) 

Congrats!!! NVC stage is not taking a lot of time. I got DQ last week. 

Best, 

Stefania 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, pavelp said:

How long did folks need to wait for NVC welcome email?

Our case was approved on March 6th, sent to Department of State of March 9th. Still waiting for the welcome email.

Hi there, 

I got it after 2 days with case and invoice number. Have you tried to call them? 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, pavelp said:

I have not, do you know a phone number I can use?

This is from the application center. Ask them to give you the case and invoice number. 

Then you can log in at 

https://ceac.state.gov/IV

image.png.469c0a98f45a7a8e6d92a2d4609d31b1.png

19 minutes ago, sky88 said:

This is from the application center. Ask them to give you the case and invoice number. 

Then you can log in at 

https://ceac.state.gov/IV

image.png.469c0a98f45a7a8e6d92a2d4609d31b1.png

Thank you for the info!

I called them and there's an answering machine saying that they've suspended public inquiry telephone line.

Just submitted a form with https://ceac.state.gov/IV, based on the current timeframe they should respond in about 6 days or so.

Hopefully I will get a welcome email by then. :) 

Also I just read NVC timeframes page (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html) again and it states:

Current case creation time frame: As of 13-Mar-23, we are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 1-Mar-23.

That answers my question why I haven't received my welcome letter yet: they are about 2 weeks behind.

For some reason I assumed that case creation is a super quick action, like a day or two.

• 4 months later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Hey guys! 

So my USCIS case was approved at the beginning of the month and I just received NVC email. I was wondering how the affidavit process works. I am petitioning for my mother to come here but I will not be her sponsor.

Is there a way to put someone else as her primary sponsor and not me?

Also, do I have to provide financial documents such as my tax if I am not her sponsor?

Thank you!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes, you still need your w2, 1040 and tax transcript from the last 3 years. You can have a join sponsor (your spouse or another family member) they also need their taxes, and other financials docs.

20 hours ago, Alexus! said:

Hey guys! 

So my USCIS case was approved at the beginning of the month and I just received NVC email. I was wondering how the affidavit process works. I am petitioning for my mother to come here but I will not be her sponsor.

Is there a way to put someone else as her primary sponsor and not me?

Also, do I have to provide financial documents such as my tax if I am not her sponsor?

Thank you!

you will be her primary sponsor as she is a direction to YOU and no one else. But you will need a co-sponsor to show they meet the INCOME requirements.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.