pavelp

I130 January 2022 filers for Parents

132 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, jarj said:

Hi, 

I hope I'm on the right thread. 

I filed I130 for my mom in January 21, 2022, NOA is February 9, 2022 and Nebraska for the service center. Status is currently being reviewed since May 15, 2022. 

Could someone share a link on the next procedure after we receive a decision from USCIS. Just wanted to prepare ahead of time. Thank you. 

If you filed standalone I-130, after the approval the case will be transferred to NVC and they will work with the consulate to get the interview scheduled at your mom's country of residence.

If you concurrent filed I-130 and I-485, you should receive a communication from USCIS regarding the decision.

Hi January Filers!

Any approval yet?

I filed my parents I130 last 18 Jan 2022 and still actively reviewed since 18 Mar 2022 also Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time.

Hoping to get the approval soon.

Any link or sample on how to fill out the i864? Appreciate your help

Kid Kulafu

10 minutes ago, Kid Kulafu said:

Hi January Filers!

Any approval yet?

I filed my parents I130 last 18 Jan 2022 and still actively reviewed since 18 Mar 2022 also Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You do not need to take any action at this time.

Hoping to get the approval soon.

Any link or sample on how to fill out the i864? Appreciate your help

Kid Kulafu

Did you file standalone I-130 or did you do concurrent filing of I-130 and I-485? If it is taking longer than expected, you can expedite the case or reach out to your local congressman.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request
This uscis link has instructions on 864:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864instr.pdf

Edited by GeetaN

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello, 

My name is Ana 

I am a US Citizen. I live in Minnesota. My mom lives in Colombia. I applied for my mom on August 10/2022. (I-130) Texas.  I am still waiting to be approved. 

I did the same process with my dad in 2019 and it took over 2 years in total. The case was moved from Texas to Potomac.  The interview was in October. He came in November 2021. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 1/24/2023 at 10:54 AM, GeetaN said:

Did you file standalone I-130 or did you do concurrent filing of I-130 and I-485? If it is taking longer than expected, you can expedite the case or reach out to your local congressman.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request
This uscis link has instructions on 864:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864instr.pdf

Hi there,

can you please guide how can I reach to my congressman and what documents should I attach! Thanks 

17 minutes ago, Rabia Ahsan said:

Hi there,

can you please guide how can I reach to my congressman and what documents should I attach! Thanks 

Yes, you will need to find out who your congressman or senator is and then you can reach out to them. Most of them have their own website where you can submit your request.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 1/27/2023 at 11:02 AM, Kid Kulafu said:

Hi Rabia,

I just google search my district congresswoman and called her office and explained my situation they just ask me to fill out the immigration privacy form and they were able to assist me same day.

Thanks 

I also googled search it and we have three senators and i did sent an email to all of them

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Kid Kulafu said:

Today i logged in on my USCIS account. My petition for my parents got approved last 10Feb2023  

Hope everyone got theirs too....

Congrats! Hopefully ours will be next also.. filed Feb2022. Always update!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi All, 

Applied on 01/16/2022. Case was approved on 01/25/2023. 

NVC created case on 01/28/2023. Received case number and invoice ID via email.

Paid the fees 02/03/2023. Payments were fully processed 02/10/2023.

Submitted AOS 02/10/2023. 

Filled DS-260 02/14/2023. 

Submitted Civil Documents 02/15/2023.

Now is time to wait :)

Hope not to get a RFE.

Best, 

Stefania 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.