Model4Life

Embassy in Nigeria

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

I would appreciate if anyone as a Petitioner ever appeared at the US embassy in Nigeria with their Beneficiary can tell me if it is possible.  I  am planning to take another trip to Nigeria but thinking if the consulate allows petitioners presence,  I could wait till he gets an appointment and I can make the trip around the time. 

Thanks for your inputs. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It does not hurt to be present outside but u will only be allowed inside if they ask for u to question u

they will More than likely ask your fiance when you were last together?  and he can say "she is here outside the embassy" this emotional support is helpful

from  the Nigerian embassy site itself is the following:

Petitioners are generally not required to come for the interview, but in rare cases the officer may request the petitioner to be present. 

https://ng.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/frequently-asked-questions/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Model4Life said:

Hello everyone, 

I would appreciate if anyone as a Petitioner ever appeared at the US embassy in Nigeria with their Beneficiary can tell me if it is possible.  I  am planning to take another trip to Nigeria but thinking if the consulate allows petitioners presence,  I could wait till he gets an appointment and I can make the trip around the time. 

Thanks for your inputs. 

Nope they sure will not allow you even close to the embassy. I was there with my husband across the street where the line is queued up. So you are welcome to wait outside or across the street.
Also with COVID protocols no one but the person being interviewed is allowed anyway.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
29 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

It does not hurt to be present outside but u will only be allowed inside if they ask for u to question u

they will More than likely ask your fiance when you were last together?  and he can say "she is here outside the embassy" this emotional support is helpful

from  the Nigerian embassy site itself is the following:

Petitioners are generally not required to come for the interview, but in rare cases the officer may request the petitioner to be present. 

Thank you so much for your response. Is this applicable to K1 petitions too? Cos it's a non-immigrant visa. 

Timeline
Just now, Model4Life said:

Thank you so much for your response. Is this applicable to K1 petitions too? Cos it's a non-immigrant visa. 

Yes. for all manner of interviews. They don't have the space for visitors and the interview is for the beneficiary anyway.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
1 minute ago, dwheels76 said:

Nope they sure will not allow you even close to the embassy. I was there with my husband across the street where the line is queued up. So you are welcome to wait outside or across the street.
Also with COVID protocols no one but the person being interviewed is allowed anyway.

Oh! I agree with covid protocols.  I forgot about miss covid😒

There is no point waiting for his interview and waiting outside. And I just accepted a job offer to start next week after we discussed to put my travel till his interview time. If I knew what you just shared, I would have told my new employer that I would start in 2 weeks. 

Thanks so much for this information. 

NB: I hope your husband's interview went well and both of you are settled in here?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Model4Life said:

And on RARE occasions they need to speak to petitioners they will invite the petitioner. I know of someone in Nigeria living with husband now and they have called her in because they already were denied a K1 now they are doing CR1. They need to see her. So it happens rarely. But in cases where there are issues or they suspect fraud it happens.
I have known of them calling the Petitioner that's in the US to fly in on a certain date if they didn't husband would be denied. Again very very rare. I have known of maybe 4 cases in 10 years. But just getting to go in not happening.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Model4Life said:

Oh! I agree with covid protocols.  I forgot about miss covid😒

There is no point waiting for his interview and waiting outside. And I just accepted a job offer to start next week after we discussed to put my travel till his interview time. If I knew what you just shared, I would have told my new employer that I would start in 2 weeks. 

Thanks so much for this information. 

NB: I hope your husband's interview went well and both of you are settled in here?

Oh my husband been here since June 2016 and already a citizen. very settled. Thanks for asking.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Is your case already at NVC? You know it's about a 12 month wait from approval for interview.

ROC I-751

N-400

*** Removed duplicate thread.  Please post your related questions in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

On 1/18/2022 at 1:27 PM, Model4Life said:

Hello everyone,

Please I have a quick question. I am planning on taking a trip to Nigeria whenever my fiance gets visa appointment.  My question is "are petitioners allowed at the U.S embassy in Nigeria to go in with the Beneficiaries?"

Thank you. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline
1 hour ago, Model4Life said:

Thank you everyone for your support during this journey. I am happy to inform you that we were approved today💃

Awesome news. Congratulations. So how was it how many CO's in the please. Give us the scope.

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.