Joe98

Finally received good news

17 posts in this topic

This is a far cry from my last post which I had deleted because I was really down in the dumps at the time. My luck and patience finally came through. I received an email from the nvc that they were sending my k1 visa application to the Manila embassy in the Philippines. I texted my fiancée about it but I think she was asleep already. I also forwarded a copy of the email to her. I also advised my lawyer of the development. So now I have to make preparations and so forth but I’m very excited and happy. I do realize that the form ds160 has to be filled out and I need to find out if I can help my fiancée do that because she doesn’t have a laptop. It will probably be another 3-4 months before everything is said and done but that’s fine. My house needs serious cleaning before she gets here. I’m really hoping that other k1 visa applicants waiting for the Manila embassy are receiving good news as well and I hope more k1 applicants will get good news.

***Moved to the Philippines regional forum because the post is addressing other posters who are waiting for interviews at the Manila embassy***

Congratulations! Hope the medical and interview stages go smoothly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We too have received an email from the NVC. Things are piling up i guess in the NVC and they have to start pushing them to the Embassy. It's been a long time waiting. 

Good luck to all of us. 

Timeline

I also received the email from NVC today, can't think of a better way to start the New Year. It  may take a few months longer than average but at least it is moving after 1 1/2 years at NVC...........

4 hours ago, Joe98 said:

I do realize that the form ds160 has to be filled out and I need to find out if I can help my fiancée do that because she doesn’t have a laptop.

My wife did not fill out a single form during her immigration process. I did it all.

4 hours ago, Joe98 said:

It will probably be another 3-4 months before everything is said and done but that’s fine.

I think you are being overly optimistic, but the main thing is that it's finally on it's way to Manila.

Timeline
On 1/4/2022 at 8:50 PM, RO_AH said:

My wife did not fill out a single form during her immigration process. I did it all.

I am probably wrong but isn't the beneficiary suppose to fill out the ds-160?

23 minutes ago, RUJEN said:

You may be right, I am not sure. Since it is all done electronically I do not know how they would enforce that.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, RUJEN said:

Technically the beneficiary has to submit it, but you can fill it out and have her click the submit button. 

16 hours ago, RUJEN said:

VPN is your friend)

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
On 1/4/2022 at 8:50 PM, RO_AH said:

I think you are being overly optimistic, but the main thing is that it's finally on it's way to Manila.

We are also in the group sent this week. Why would 3-4 months be overly optimistic? I think my fiance will be here by March.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, just wanted to ask when are your filing received date for you k1 fiancé visa application? I’m asking in behalf of my sister. Their k1 petition is approved long time ago but now she’s stuck waiting for interview schedule. She told me that manila usembassy interview for k1 fiancé is not open until 5 years? Is this true?

03/30/17: I-129F sent USCIS Dallas Lockbox

04/03/17: Delivered to USCIS

04/06/17: NOA1 date, assigned to CSC

04/07/17: Received a text from USCIS

04/12/17: Received our NOA1 hardcopy via mail.

11/21/17: NOA2 Date and email received
01/11/18: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/18: Case Status Ready

xx/xx/18: Embassy Received. 
xx/xx/18: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
xx/xx/18: Medical

xx/xx/18: Interview 
xx/xx/18: APPROVED!
xx/xx/18: Visa in Hand =)

xx/xx/18: CFO
xx/xx/18: Bound to my Fiance's Arms

xx/xx/18: Marriage Day

7 hours ago, Girandola said:

We are also in the group sent this week. Why would 3-4 months be overly optimistic? I think my fiance will be here by March.

There is still a huge backlog of people waiting to be interviewed. Then the NVC just opened the flood gates on a massive new number of applicants. Add to that the far overreacting Covid policies of the Philippines and that would would be the why. You think by March? Good luck to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.