sancocho

N-400 January 2022 Filers

229 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Tinskee said:

Update from my interview last July 27 2022

Santa Ana office.

My schedule is at 9:00 AM, they let me in at 8:45AM.  Checked in and dropped my letter in the designated window. The officer called me in at around 920AM.

we started with the civic test- i was only asked 6 since i got them all correct. Then yes/no questions from the form. And ask what my current and past position/job in my current and past jobs.

The officer didn’t ask for any document except my 2 greencards (the 2 years and 10 years) and passportt. 

After the interview the officer congratulated me and told me to go to 3rd floor for same day oath. I finished the oath and became a US Citizen by 1130 AM.

Goodluck to the others and just be parient.

——————————

07/27/22 - Interview & Oath Taking

06/30/22 - received my letter from USCIS for my interview Date

01/17/22 - Received noticed online that they received my application and they reuse my biometrics.

01/16/22 - Filed my N400 online.

Congrats!!! When is the last time they took your actual biometrics? Wondering if people with biometrics that are 3+ years old can still get same day oaths (I did get a reuse notification). 

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

The last I had done biometrics was when we filed I485 for employment based greencard. That was in 2007. The actual green card arrived in 2017. We filed on Jan 15 2022 and both my wife and I got the biometrics reuse notification on same day. Both my wife and I gave biometrics at the N400 interview last month. Since our interviews were in afternoon, we missed the 1.30 pm cutoff for same day oath in Hartford, CT. Hence we had to go back. My wife got her oath on the day of my interview. I have my oath scheduled on Aug 8.

Hope this helps you.

Edited by connecticare

9 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Congrats!!! When is the last time they took your actual biometrics? Wondering if people with biometrics that are 3+ years old can still get same day oaths (I did get a reuse notification). 

My first and last Biometrics was in 2017 when i applied for Adjustment of Status. They just reuse my biometrics for my N400.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I had my interview today.

It was extremely fast and easy, very polite officer. In total, it took around 10 minutes.

After the standard questions + civics test, I was not asked for a single document.

Oath ceremony will be scheduled in a month or two since I have a name change request.

Thanks VisaJorney for all the help! The journey is finally over.

7 minutes ago, ang_b said:

It was extremely fast and easy, very polite officer. In total, it took around 10 minutes.

After the standard questions + civics test, I was not asked for a single document.

Oath ceremony will be scheduled in a month or two since I have a name change request.

how long was it for you from filing to interview? can you give timeline?

1 hour ago, Tinskee said:

My first and last Biometrics was in 2017 when i applied for Adjustment of Status. They just reuse my biometrics for my N400.

Thanks!! I keep hearing that people with old biometrics can’t be scheduled for the oath the same day because they need to be “refreshed” or something. Glad to know that isn’t always the case! 

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

2 hours ago, ang_b said:

Congratulations! I see you are a Vermont filer, I applied in April and am also a St Albans/Burlington N400 filer. I have my interview next week, and if you have any more info as to how it went, I'd love to hear it. There's not a lot of info online of people who have gone through the process in Vermont!

Hi guys, 

Just question please 

Regarding question 23 On N 400 

(Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer (including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason)

What is the answer or how to answer this question if someone got Only parking tickets?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good Day Everyone.

I’m having my N400 interview on Monday August 15th in atlanta. Please I need any information that will benefit me. I’m all set with the civic questions. 

Thank you. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/4/2022 at 11:39 AM, X2-X2 said:

Hi guys, 

Just question please 

(Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer (including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason)

What is the answer or how to answer this question if someone got Only parking tickets?

i think you should say no. 

On 8/4/2022 at 8:39 AM, X2-X2 said:

Hi guys, 

Just question please 

Parking tickets getting issued by municipal departments not law enforcement. So you should be fine.

On 8/4/2022 at 8:39 AM, X2-X2 said:

Hi guys, 

Just question please 

So I got a fix it ticket for tint back in 2013 and another fix it ticket for my brake light in 2016. I originally answered "No" on the application because I forgot about those tickets. During my interview I informed the officer that I did in fact have 2 fix it tickets and offered to show him the tickets as well as proof of payment but he said those didn't count. He said he considers those minor and would not be counting it as a "yes" for the "Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer (including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason" Question. 

I-751 timeline:

• 12/04/2018: Mailed I-751 with divorce waiver
  • 12/19/2018: Received by USCIS
  • 5/02/2019: Biometrics appointment
  • 5/03/2019: Case updated to show Fingerprints were taken and applied to my case 
  • 1/28/2020: Received an RFE
  • 2/05/2020: Response To Request For Evidence Was Received by USCIS
  • 8/12/2020: Case received at my local office
  • 9/16/2020: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
  • 2/24/2021: Case scheduled for an interview
  • 4/06/2021: Interview done
  • 4/13/2022: Surprise Interview done at  my house
  • 12/08/2022: I-751 with divorce waiver APPROVED!
  • 12/21/2022: 10 yr Green Card Received.

N-400 timeline:

• 01/26/2022: Applied online and received by USCIS, Informed of Biometrics reuse
  • 06/17/2022: Interview scheduled
  • 08/04/2022: Interview done. Passed English and Civics test but no decision could be made due to my pending I-751
  • 06/08/2023: Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed
  • 06/22/2023: Oath Ceremony - FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.