CovidSucks21

St Lukes is a mess.

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I finally got my fiance an appt and I flew her out to St Lukes for a pcr test and the physical.  She had a runny nose and they turned her away.  She went back home and before she left they told her to come back in 5 to 7 days to retake the pcr and try again.  I spent all the expense of getting her out there again only for them to tell her when she got to SLEC that she needs to go to ANOTHER facility to get her PCR done.  So now currently she is in a random DOH clinic trying to get a swab test in the waiting room from hell for the last 9hrs with a baby on her arm.  I'm livid.  Her appt is tomorrow at noon.  IF she can't get the test done by midnight I may have to rebook it for the following day.  However they are saying that if you don't get a PCR by the 8th day they may make you wait 28 days later in a type of self quarantine.  The SLEC website is useless.  None of this is on there btw.  I can't imagine having to do this over and over again.  Has anyone had this experience happen to them?  

Timeline

Sounds like a horrible experience. We only filed our K1 last July so we are very early in the process. Luckily for us my fiance lives in Makati so when the time comes (whenever that may be) we wont have to deal with travel expenses/hotel stays for her because she lives nearby already.

Current bad news is they went back to level 3 today till January 15th I believe.

Alert Level 3 in Metro Manila from January 3 as cases rise, Omicron raises risk | Philstar.com

Timeline
1 minute ago, PWB said:

Can feel your pain.  For us SLEC was a nightmare.  They have a well deserved reputation for customer care.

She's been sitting at a satellite DOH facility for the last 12hrs.  It's coming up to midnight over there and she is still in a chair waiting outside.  I'm so pissed I can't be more help to her.  Does anyone know where it says she doesn't have to take the toddler to the Interview at the embassy?  She needed to go this time because it is the physical obviously.  But I'm hoping she can leave her at home when it comes to that.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, MarJhi said:

Sounds like a horrible experience. We only filed our K1 last July so we are very early in the process. Luckily for us my fiance lives in Makati so when the time comes (whenever that may be) we wont have to deal with travel expenses/hotel stays for her because she lives nearby already.

Current bad news is they went back to level 3 today till January 15th I believe.

Alert Level 3 in Metro Manila from January 3 as cases rise, Omicron raises risk | Philstar.com

I have family there too that can help in some ways.  But the expenses of flying her back and forth is so much.  I don't know how they expect people to do this.  I'm hoping the embassy doesn't get any funny ideas and closes again.  She's been sitting in the Philippines almost 2 years just waiting leave because of Covid.

17 minutes ago, CovidSucks21 said:

Does anyone know where it says she doesn't have to take the toddler to the Interview at the embassy?

Is her child a K2 applicant?  If so, the child will need to attend the interview as well.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Is her child a K2 applicant?  If so, the child will need to attend the interview as well.

She is filed with my fiance but she's only 3.  She has her own paperwork but I don't know what there would be to gain from having her present since she can barely speak clearly yet.

Timeline

After 13 hrs in line.  They want to bill her for the PCR and the fee for the Emergency Room.  It's basically double.   This is a RACKET.  

That's just a horrible experience. Sorry for what you're going through.

Government medical facilities are usually awful in the PH. If she needs to take another PCR test in the future, it may be a better idea to go to a private hospital and pay for expedited/home testing. Yes, it will be more expensive, but she won't have to wait in line for hours and hours with a toddler.

Timeline
6 hours ago, CovidSucks21 said:

I finally got my fiance an appt and I flew her out to St Lukes for a pcr test and the physical.  She had a runny nose and they turned her away.  She went back home and before she left they told her to come back in 5 to 7 days to retake the pcr and try again.  I spent all the expense of getting her out there again only for them to tell her when she got to SLEC that she needs to go to ANOTHER facility to get her PCR done.  So now currently she is in a random DOH clinic trying to get a swab test in the waiting room from hell for the last 9hrs with a baby on her arm.  I'm livid.  Her appt is tomorrow at noon.  IF she can't get the test done by midnight I may have to rebook it for the following day.  However they are saying that if you don't get a PCR by the 8th day they may make you wait 28 days later in a type of self quarantine.  The SLEC website is useless.  None of this is on there btw.  I can't imagine having to do this over and over again.  Has anyone had this experience happen to them?  

This happened to my daughter back in September. She had a slight cough and they turned her away. Samething come back in a week with a negative Covid. This was even before they implemented the test requirement. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Adventine said:

That's just a horrible experience. Sorry for what you're going through.

Government medical facilities are usually awful in the PH. If she needs to take another PCR test in the future, it may be a better idea to go to a private hospital and pay for expedited/home testing. Yes, it will be more expensive, but she won't have to wait in line for hours and hours with a toddler.

The only thing is it has to be a licensed Department of Health Clinic or facility or Slec won't even count it.  It's a racket.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Commish10 said:

This happened to my daughter back in September. She had a slight cough and they turned her away. Samething come back in a week with a negative Covid. This was even before they implemented the test requirement. 

The clinic they told them to go to ended up being a 24hr ordeal.  15hours alone just to get swabbed.  By that point the baby had a fever.  They ended up giving the kid a blood test that came out ok.  I rescheduled her physicals for the day after so they could recover.  It's just ridiculous.  Oh and they charged me for an emergency visit for EACH person on top of the PCR tests.  So all in all it cost almost 500us just for them to get swabbed.  😡

20 minutes ago, CovidSucks21 said:

The only thing is it has to be a licensed Department of Health Clinic or facility or Slec won't even count it.  It's a racket.

I believe private hospitals can also be licensed by the Dept of Health, although I'm not 100% sure about that. Anyway, I hope they're feeling better now, after that ordeal.

The DOH list is here.  https://doh.gov.ph/licensed-covid-19-testing-laboratories  Since late last year prices were fixed by DU30 Executive Order.  I believe P5000(?) for a private lab or P3800 for a public lab or Phil Red Cross.  There are lots of DOH approved private labs that give fast turn around since its a cash cow for them. The ER fee sounds scammy but then again even the US they bill like a few thousand dollars for a COVID test in an ER vs the same test in a clinic.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.