DarkKiss

Citizen Bring Mother to United States Legally

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
31 minutes ago, DarkKiss said:

Thanks so much for your response. Now how would this be handled in Peru?

None of us can tell. Did you post in the South America forum?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

Sent I130 (immediate Relative ) 19 Dec 21, Recd NOA1, 21 Dec 21 today. States it was assigned to the Nebraska Service Center. Anyone can tell me  why was it immediately assigned to Nebraska when I filed in Texas?  Is Texas that Overwhelmed with applications right now, or does it have anything to do with that Political Wall Thing in Texas?

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

23 hours ago, DarkKiss said:

Anyone can tell me  why was it immediately assigned to Nebraska when I filed in Texas?

Nobody files directly with the Texas Service Center because that's not the process.  You must have filed through the USCIS lockbox facility which happens to be in Texas.  After petitions are screened at the lockbox facility, they are assigned to a service center for processing.  To us outsiders' eyes, the SC assignment is effectively random.

Timeline

Thank you. I was just wondering about that becuz wen I filed for my husband, it was mailed to lockbox in Chicago and then transferred to California. This one was done on line and I’m not sure what lockbox it was sent to. It just automatically sent to Nebraska. So I guess they are doing it different with the online thing.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

Can someone help me change to the Peru Forum. I was with the Dominican Republic the last time I was on here. I want to change to the Peru Forum and set up a new signature to get info and give help to those in that forum. Thanks.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

On 12/22/2021 at 8:32 AM, DarkKiss said:

Thank you. I was just wondering about that becuz wen I filed for my husband, it was mailed to lockbox in Chicago and then transferred to California. This one was done on line and I’m not sure what lockbox it was sent to. It just automatically sent to Nebraska. So I guess they are doing it different with the online thing.

It is random, and unrelated to the state of residence of the petitioner, or whether it was filed online, etc.

Timeline

IMHO I don’t know how they are doing the processing now after The Era of bans.        

but I feel that those ones who filed for parents or other ones should be processed b4 ones that filed recently. I hope that that is the way they are proceeding no matter what the priority date is. I pray for those who filed in 2016 - 2020 b4 They lifted the ban on Chain Immigration, or what ever it was called was lifted.  

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

4 hours ago, DarkKiss said:

but I feel that those ones who filed for parents or other ones should be processed b4 ones that filed recently. I hope that that is the way they are proceeding no matter what the priority date is. I pray for those who filed in 2016 - 2020 b4 They lifted the ban on Chain Immigration, or what ever it was called was lifted.  

Petitions are generally adjudicated in the order they are received.  So yes, they are still working on the 2020 backlog.

Timeline
21 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Petitions are generally adjudicated in the order they are received.  So yes, they are still working on the 2020 backlog.

That's good to know. I read a post where the gentleman said he was going to start the process over again because  he had made it all the way to the interview stage but had not heard anything, since the Ban came in. I hoped that USCIS was not making people start all over again. That would just be so unfair. 

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 1/2/2022 at 10:01 AM, DarkKiss said:

So....my wife and I (and many others) should go to the back of the line so your aged parents can come? And there should be no chain-migration...it is a ridiculous thing that very very few countries allow....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 12/21/2021 at 9:14 AM, DarkKiss said:

Sent I130 (immediate Relative ) 19 Dec 21, Recd NOA1, 21 Dec 21 today. States it was assigned to the Nebraska Service Center. Anyone can tell me  why was it immediately assigned to Nebraska when I filed in Texas?  Is Texas that Overwhelmed with applications right now, or does it have anything to do with that Political Wall Thing in Texas?

I130 petitions relating to IR5 visa are almost always processed by Nebraska center 

Timeline
14 hours ago, PGA said:

So....my wife and I (and many others) should go to the back of the line so your aged parents can come? And there should be no chain-migration...it is a ridiculous thing that very very few countries allow....

PLEASE READ WITH UNDERSTANDING!! What I said was that those who filed BEFORE us, like THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN WAITING 4 YEARS OR MORE SHOULD BE FIRST IN LINE NO MATTER THE CATEGORY) those who have been waiting 4 years or more while the other President was in office (should be the FIRST to be processed!!!!)  If you have a problem with them being processed first, talk to your Congressman. I do however take offense to the AGED OUT PARENT comment. Very Rude. Your comment should have been censored but since it was not, I responded. No worries. I will consider the source and move forward. Good day to you.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.