BeHealthy

NVC to Mumbai Consulate Gather Here!!!

1,124 posts in this topic

Thanks @Panachea2020 - I was able to book a slot today without doing anything differently. 

Strange thing however is, it says "Interview Waiver" under Visa Priority section. I can't find any relevant information about it for IR1 visa so I am assuming it's just an admin classification they attach.

On 8/15/2023 at 6:23 AM, SecondTimer said:

Thanks @Panachea2020 - I was able to book a slot today without doing anything differently. 

Strange thing however is, it says "Interview Waiver" under Visa Priority section. I can't find any relevant information about it for IR1 visa so I am assuming it's just an admin classification they attach.

Glad you posted this because I'm seeing the exact same thing. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/11/2023 at 5:27 PM, Blindian8793 said:

This is awesome news! Did you request an expedite to get this in less than 6 months? If not, that gives us hope that they are bridging the gap in getting these appointments set and sent🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

Hello Blindian,

I did not have an expedited case with NVC. This was done through the normal channels.

From what I read, from DQ to IL takes about 3 months and from IL to the interview appointment takes another 2 months... So your timeline might be including the interview appointment.

Best of luck! 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, PeskyImmigration said:

Can anyone help me with my question please
My DQ date for EB1 is 22nd July '23. Just wanted to see what would be rough timeline for interview and what DQ date currently are they interviewing. Would be interesting to join if there are any groups available.  Thanks 🙏

My case:

Consulate: Mumbai

Category: EB-1

DQ: March 30, 2023

Interview Letter: August 02, 2023

Interview Date: September 20, 2023

Mumbai consulate is picking up pace, since the student visa rush is over. As long as your PD is current, I would not be surprised if you receive your interview letter in September or October. All the best. 

21 hours ago, whitewizard said:

My case:

Category: EB-1

DQ: March 30, 2023

Interview Letter: August 02, 2023

Interview Date: September 20, 2023

Mumbai consulate is picking up pace, since the student visa rush is over. As long as your PD is current, I would not be surprised if you receive your interview letter in September or October. All the best. 

Thank you for your kind response. 
Yes, My PD, Sept'15 was current till Aug'23 bulletin came and moved dates back to '12 - however for EB1, I am hopeful it will go back to '22 in Oct and I will be eligible again. 
Good Luck with your interview, and please post here back your experience so we can learn from it. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Finally in the last leg of this thing!!

Our case:

Category: CR1

PD: Oct 9, 2022

DQ: Jun 26, 2023

Interview Letter: Sept 14, 2023 (US timing) 

Interview Date: Nov 14, 2023

On 9/22/2023 at 4:37 AM, Kaur1122 said:

Hi! It happens now with me I'm CR1 applicant n all others upto dq 28th July 2023 receive IL but my dq was 14th june n I didn't receive IL yet n I'm skipped.

Please from ur past experience, guide me am I in next slot??? What to do?? Why they are skipping.All documents r complete n qualified.

Thanku in advance..

Have you tried to reach NVC via public inquiry? That would be my first step. 
Also it depends on if your PD is current or not. 

On 9/24/2023 at 9:55 PM, PeskyImmigration said:

Also it depends on if your PD is current or not. 

PD does not matter for CR1 cases, as visa numbers are always available.  For CR1/IR1 cases, DQ date is what matters.

• 2 weeks later...

Posting this here so that others don't make the same mistake for their IR 1 or CR 1 interviews:

My wife appeared for her IR 1 interview on Oct 12 at the Mumbai consulate. The interview went well but she was given a 221g refusal because the consular officer determined the file was incomplete. The document in question was Tax Return Transcripts - they insisted on having either a Tax Return transcript or a W2. Tax returns of last 4 years and financial statements from banks and investments weren't sufficient. Our income and investments are way above the limit but I don't have a W2 because I am an entrepreneur and don't take a salary from my businesses.

Luckily, she was asked to submit the transcript and passport to a local VFS pick up center so the visa should still come through. But it created a very tense and panicky few hours for us.  

Learning for everyone : Make sure you submit your IRS transcripts, not just tax returns, if you don't have a W2. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.