BeHealthy

NVC to Mumbai Consulate Gather Here!!!

1,124 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

Please let's gather here. I am trying to get an approximate headcount of us who are DQ'ed and waiting for an interview at Mumbai Consulate.

Share  your PD, DQ and visa class information.

DQ'ed :  11/01/2021

Consulate: Mumbai

Priority Date: 08/29/2019

Visa Class: IR1

Thank you!

BeHealthy!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello! So glad you started this thread.

DQ - 10-29-2021

Visa Class - IR1

Consulate - Mumbai

I have heard it takes around 8-9 months from DQ to interview at Mumbai. REALLY REALLY hope that's an exaggeration.

Timeline
4 hours ago, AKN2 said:

Hello! So glad you started this thread.

DQ - 10-29-2021

Visa Class - IR1

Consulate - Mumbai

I have heard it takes around 8-9 months from DQ to interview at Mumbai. REALLY REALLY hope that's an exaggeration.

Thank you for sharing the info. I am thinking there shouldn't be much backlog in the mumbai consulate for CR1/IR1 visas. Please see the below link. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Backlog in Mumbai for CR1/IR1 visas (Spouse of U.S. citizen) (visawhen.com)

Thank you,

BeHealthy

Timeline
7 hours ago, Siddsgal said:

Lol, we got DQ’d last December and our case is still sitting at NVC. There’s a big backlog.

You just confirmed my worst fears. Hope all of us get interviewed soon. 

Timeline
On 10/30/2021 at 12:10 PM, Amrit Gurbir said:

Just an update for folks who are not in the telegram or facebook group.  The process has been very slow these past few months due to student visas and then NIV visas.  Currently for IR1/CR1 folks DQ past november 10th 2020 are still waiting for IL, and F2A is still stuck in December 2019.  Both categories are getting small amounts of ILs don't expect much until next year based on current trends.  There might be some hope with the new bills proposed by Biden this month, so there is some potential for a major change in the coming months.  For people asking about Expedites, those are honestly hit or miss so you can try it but don't expect it to work just because others were successful.  For F2A folks I think your only hope is converting to IR1 once your spouse becomes a USC.

Lotta us from September-December 2020 got interview letters(IL) or within a month of getting a IL just to have Mumbai close down again this year. Hopefully those of your that have been DQd this fall have a much speeder process😁

Edited by Siddsgal

Timeline
14 hours ago, Siddsgal said:

Lol, we got DQ’d last December and our case is still sitting at NVC. There’s a big backlog.

Wow. This tells me they haven't touched applications which were DQ'ed this year at all. Disheartening to know this.

Timeline
1 minute ago, BeHealthy said:

Wow. This tells me they haven't touched applications which were DQ'ed this year at all. Disheartening to know this.

Ya, it really sucks! 
Only good thing bout it is lotta us have waited long enough to become IR1 which should make it  easier to get approved. 

On 11/3/2021 at 11:51 PM, BeHealthy said:

Please let's gather here. I am trying to get an approximate headcount of us who are DQ'ed and waiting for an interview at Mumbai Consulate.

For CR1/IR1 applicants, there's an ongoing thread related to that topic --

Timeline

joined the thread, DQ'ed on 11/5/2021

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
I-130 (IR-1) TIMELINE [MUMBAI CONSULATE]
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC
06-06-2021 - Recevied NVC case no. - case entered into nvc's system

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee
07-05-2021 - IV & AOS documents submitted online

07-19-2021 - received message from NVC about case can not be processed unless all civil documents are submitted (was missing police clearance)

08-12-2021 - submitted police clearance certificate - which was last document submitted to NVC

11-05-2021 - Case completed at NVC - DQ

03-31-2022 - Interview letter received

04-28-2022 - Interview date at mumbai embassy

Timeline

how can we expediate the case? on what grounds? for getting early visa appointment?

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee

07-19-2021 - received message from NVC about case can not be processed unless all civil documents are submitted (was missing police clearance)

08-12-2021 - submitted police clearance certificate - which was last document submitted to NVC

2 hours ago, kruz_patz said:

how can we expediate the case? on what grounds? for getting early visa appointment?

You cannot expedite simply because you don't want to wait your turn in the queue.  All the other people ahead of you in line have been waiting longer.

Timeline

That was a question rather more for knowledge purpose, I don't have any reason to expedite. Of course if there is a real logical reason, then it would make sense but I am not sure what is the real reasons are?

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee

Timeline
2 hours ago, kruz_patz said:

That was a question rather more for knowledge purpose, I don't have any reason to expedite. Of course if there is a real logical reason, then it would make sense but I am not sure what is the real reasons are?

Urgent medical care or petitioner is in active military service and is being deployed somewhere soon are the valid reasons from what I read on other posts.

Edited by BeHealthy

Timeline
49 minutes ago, BeHealthy said:

Urgent medical care or petitioner is in active military service and is being deployed somewhere soon are the valid reasons from what I read on other posts.

ok makes sense now, thanks you!

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.