BeHealthy

NVC to Mumbai Consulate Gather Here!!!

1,124 posts in this topic

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Once NOA2 is received and NVC processes and generates a Case Number, I heard elsewhere that K-1 filers do not need to wait for any Interview Letter (IL) from the Embassy.

After NVC Case Number is generated, is the next step just to login to the Embassy/Consulate website (Mumbai in my case) and schedule an interview appointment?

If so, where do we upload any documents like tax returns, PCC, etc. to get Documentarily Qualified (DQ)?

Or is it that for K-1, we just need to complete DS-160 and prepare all the requisite documents (petitioner's tax returns, beneficiary's PCC, birth cert, etc.) to submit/show at the Interview?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, jmayam said:

Once NOA2 is received and NVC processes and generates a Case Number, I heard elsewhere that K-1 filers do not need to wait for any Interview Letter (IL) from the Embassy.

After NVC Case Number is generated, is the next step just to login to the Embassy/Consulate website (Mumbai in my case) and schedule an interview appointment?

If so, where do we upload any documents like tax returns, PCC, etc. to get Documentarily Qualified (DQ)?

Or is it that for K-1, we just need to complete DS-160 and prepare all the requisite documents (petitioner's tax returns, beneficiary's PCC, birth cert, etc.) to submit/show at the Interview?

Thanks in advance!

Yes.  You are correct.  You can create a profile (if you do not have one) in https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/en and follow the procedure to schedule biometrics and then interview in mumbai.  There will you will take the documents to get it approved.

After creating case in NVC... did they send you information about invoice number and to pay fees  and to upload documents in NVC?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Dil & Malar said:

Yes.  You are correct.  You can create a profile (if you do not have one) in https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/en and follow the procedure to schedule biometrics and then interview in mumbai.  There will you will take the documents to get it approved.

After creating case in NVC... did they send you information about invoice number and to pay fees  and to upload documents in NVC?

Thank you so much! Do you know of any official  references that state/confirm this process?

I’m still waiting for NOA2, so have not received anything from NVC yet. Thx!

Timeline
Just now, jmayam said:

Thank you so much! Do you know of any official  references that state/confirm this process?

I’m still waiting for NOA2, so have not received anything from NVC yet. Thx!

When you get email from NVC, it will tell you the steps.  They do not schedule interview and they will give clear instructions in the email

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Dil & Malar said:

When you get email from NVC, it will tell you the steps.  They do not schedule interview and they will give clear instructions in the email

Oh OK. Thanks so much. Hope someone can post a sample NVC email here (with all personal info blurred out of course).

Also, I visited the official traveldocs website that you suggested and their instructions seem to confirm the process that you confirmed too. Thx!

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/en/immigrant-visa#kvisa

Edited by jmayam

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jmayam said:

Oh OK. Thanks so much. Hope someone can post a sample NVC email here (with all personal info blurred out of course).

Also, I visited the official traveldocs website that you suggested and their instructions seem to confirm the process that you confirmed too. Thx!

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/en/immigrant-visa#kvisa

There may be another thread here for K1 visa in Mumbai.  There is facebook page too  "K-1 and CR/IR-1 /K1 To AOS Visa Applicants of India".  What is your NOA1 date?  I think it is taking about a year to approve in Calif

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dil & Malar said:

There may be another thread here for K1 visa in Mumbai.  There is facebook page too  "K-1 and CR/IR-1 /K1 To AOS Visa Applicants of India".  What is your NOA1 date?  I think it is taking about a year to approve in Calif

Oh Ok. I joined another thread here specifically for Oct2022 filers/NOA1, but could not find any K1 Mumbai thread.

My NOA1 is 26oct22 and Visajourney’s estimate for NOA2 is Dec ‘23 :(

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Question,do we schedule the bio-metrics after the interview letter is received?

Thanks!

vj terminology to know

NOA = notice of action :P

ISO = immigration service officer

NBC = (same as MSC)national benefits center

RFE = request for evidence

z2k0rd6.png

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Preethi Arun said:

Question,do we schedule the bio-metrics after the interview letter is received?

Thanks!

For IR1/CR1 - Yes, after getting IL, you should do that.  See  the attached guide I put together

ToDo_afterIL.pdf

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dil & Malar said:

For IR1/CR1 - Yes, after getting IL, you should do that.  See  the attached guide I put together

ToDo_afterIL.pdf 1.46 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you very much!

vj terminology to know

NOA = notice of action :P

ISO = immigration service officer

NBC = (same as MSC)national benefits center

RFE = request for evidence

z2k0rd6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone.

Any update if IL's were sent out for May batch? I remember reading they were up to mid-Nov DQ date for April.

Hoping to see if 2022 can be cleared and start working on 2023 DQ cases.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sabster said:

Hello everyone.

Any update if IL's were sent out for May batch? I remember reading they were up to mid-Nov DQ date for April.

Hoping to see if 2022 can be cleared and start working on 2023 DQ cases.

No ILs yet for this month.  Eagerly waiting.  Hope you have joined the whatspp groups to stay upto date.  Activities in this thread is pretty low.

Timeline
4 hours ago, nodisplay said:

@Dil & MalarAre you able to share the whatsapp link please? The previous link seems to be dead.

Edited by Unlockable
unapproved communication link removed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.