beloved_dingo

November 2021 ROC Filers

1,267 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Elena & Craig said:

Alrighty, now that’s a wrap, my peeps. I had my naturalization interview today, Sept 13 in SF office. Seems like I was the very first person called by a very nice tall young male officer. My interview overall took maybe 20-25 mins and was a breeze, felt like talking to a friend. Since my appt was so early in the day they had a chance to schedule me for the same day ceremony at 11am. It was about 60 folks, all done very quickly and off we go. 

BEST OF LUCK to still waiting people and happy to answer any additional questions you may have. 

Congratulations! That's amazing news!

On 9/4/2023 at 3:41 PM, OldUser said:

It's sad to see there's still some cases in the tracker app filed in November 2021 with status "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken".

It goes further back than that - I'm early Sept 2021 and still stuck on fingerprints. From what I saw, many others even before me are still on that same stage.

10 minutes ago, 854Turbo said:

It goes further back than that - I'm early Sept 2021 and still stuck on fingerprints. From what I saw, many others even before me are still on that same stage.

I'm still the stage "Case Was Received" as a November 2021 filer. It's extremely disappointing and we're just now approaching halfway, based on that 4-year extension letter we all should have received.

Since January of this year I've been tracking 25 cases from the previous year, starting at 2190150000, which were filed in ~April 2021.  There has been limited movement on the 22 cases for i-751 in that span, 8 now show approval, most recently on August 23 2023. 

I really wish we had a better sense of what is going on here, but clearly i-751 has been de-prioritized. I'm not sure if there's a political angle for this ("get people to pay for citizenship") or if it's to allocate workers toward other backlogs, or what. But it's really disappointing. I want this to be done so I can get it out of my mind. Carrying it too long now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 9/4/2023 at 12:41 PM, OldUser said:

It's sad to see there's still some cases in the tracker app filed in November 2021 with status "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken".

Yes...we are still waiting. No update for sevaral months other than another 2 year extension letter. Our N400 says 1 day left for the estimate so maybe we'll get some movement soon. 

On 9/14/2023 at 8:06 AM, Thomas W said:

Since January of this year I've been tracking 25 cases from the previous year, starting at 2190150000, which were filed in ~April 2021.  There has been limited movement on the 22 cases for i-751 in that span, 8 now show approval, most recently on August 23 2023.

And even so, there is no way of knowing how many of those approvals are without a concurrent N400.

On 9/14/2023 at 8:06 AM, Thomas W said:

I really wish we had a better sense of what is going on here, but clearly i-751 has been de-prioritized. I'm not sure if there's a political angle for this ("get people to pay for citizenship") or if it's to allocate workers toward other backlogs, or what. But it's really disappointing. I want this to be done so I can get it out of my mind. Carrying it too long now. 

I think the i751 has been low prioritized purely because even though we feel in "limbo" in real terms we actually remain permanent residents and enjoy all the benefits of this (with extension letter). We can still work and travel, others who are waiting for other forms to process can't say the same and need to be able to work or travel and can't until they're applications are completed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Akipog said:

Yes...we are still waiting. No update for sevaral months other than another 2 year extension letter. Our N400 says 1 day left for the estimate so maybe we'll get some movement soon. 

What's your local office for N-400? I'm also still waiting on both. My N-400 though gives me 3 more months estimate according to San Francisco processing times. But it might as well take longer as I saw cases where interview was scheduled several months after estimate's date. 

Timeline

@Olga&Jared I'm not sure if we have a local office yet, but we are also located in SF Bay Area so I'm guessing it will be either San Francisco or San Jose. The biometrics and other notice still say NBC the National Benefits Center as the service center. Good to know we're not the only ones waiting! I'm not too worried about the timing anyway, we have the extended green card which enables my husband to work, etc. It's just good to know we are still in normal processing times. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Akipog said:

@Olga&Jared I'm not sure if we have a local office yet, but we are also located in SF Bay Area so I'm guessing it will be either San Francisco or San Jose. The biometrics and other notice still say NBC the National Benefits Center as the service center. Good to know we're not the only ones waiting! I'm not too worried about the timing anyway, we have the extended green card which enables my husband to work, etc. It's just good to know we are still in normal processing times. 

You can easily find out your local field office by zip code on their website. 

Timeline
On 9/15/2023 at 12:41 PM, Elena & Craig said:

You can easily find out your local field office by zip code on their website. 

Thanks! It's San Francisco. By the way on the 16th we got a case status update saying Name was Updated, and just today a case status update saying they approved our case for the removal of conditions. It's funny, just as I was starting to wonder about it...

Timeline

A day after we got the green card approved (today), we got a notice that my husband's interview has been scheduled for citizenship. Best of luck to everyone still waiting! I'm sure it will come through soon. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Akipog said:

A day after we got the green card approved (today), we got a notice that my husband's interview has been scheduled for citizenship. Best of luck to everyone still waiting! I'm sure it will come through soon. 

Great news! When is that lucky day? Curious how short of a notice they gave you. I myself just had an interview in SF on Sept 13. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Elena & Craig said:

Great news! When is that lucky day? Curious how short of a notice they gave you. I myself just had an interview in SF on Sept 13. 

I forgot I could check online until I saw this, hah! I am so used to waiting in the mail for all these things. Interview is scheduled for October 2nd in San Francisco, just 2 weeks away :o. My husband has NOT been studying at all 🙄 so time for bootcamp lol.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Akipog said:

I forgot I could check online until I saw this, hah! I am so used to waiting in the mail for all these things. Interview is scheduled for October 2nd in San Francisco, just 2 weeks away :o. My husband has NOT been studying at all 🙄 so time for bootcamp lol.

Yeap, seems like a trend with SF these months - I had 2w and 1 day notice. Yours is even shorter - under 2w. There is really not much to study, a few times to read and all set 😉

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Akipog said:

Also you may want to fix your timeline, it currently says your local office for N-400 is SJ. It is important for everyone around to have data straight so that we can keep track with the right local field office. Helpful for other VJ members. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.