beloved_dingo

November 2021 ROC Filers

1,272 posts in this topic

@ODATT I agree with @OldUser there is a number of I-751 WAC (California Service Center) cases on Case Tracker for November. WAC receives 10,000+ cases each month. It looks like they are already working on approving some of the cases from early November. Approved I-751 cases are in 14,000s. I have also noticed a few RFEs in 17,000s. This is second week of November. There are no approved I-751 cases in 17,000s which suggests that RFEs, at least some of them, are sent automatically a few weeks/a week prior to approvals for cases within the same time range. It would be interesting to know if these "automatic" RFEs are just random or triggered by some sort of logic. Some of the nonsense RFEs reported by users on this forum would imply the first.

I agree on the trend that for cases within a given range, RFEs seem to be sent a week or two before approvals are done for non-RFE cases.  That matches my experience as well.

At least for WAC.

On 11/3/2022 at 5:51 PM, SoCal2021 said:

@Moe428I have used Case Tracker in the past. It allows you to search 500 cases. So, take your case number and subtract 250 from it and you will see status of 250 cases before and 250 cases past yours. 

Just tried this - it works pretty good except for the cases that have been approved.  Those cases don't show up.  There's a case I found close to mine that was approved through manual search but didn't show up on the app. Kind of makes sense since USCIS case tracker doesn't show the case type when the case is approved.  

Still great for showing general progress for a set of cases though.

1 hour ago, Moe428 said:

Just tried this - it works pretty good except for the cases that have been approved.  Those cases don't show up.  There's a case I found close to mine that was approved through manual search but didn't show up on the app. Kind of makes sense since USCIS case tracker doesn't show the case type when the case is approved.  

Still great for showing general progress for a set of cases though.

^^ Yes, that's the weakness. The app doesn't store previous statuses for case IDs. When I-751 is approved, it initially shows in the app. As soon as status changes to New Card Being Produced / Card was mailed, then you cannot be certain what type of case it is.

It could be I-485, I-765, I-90 or I-751. I think all of them share some messages for statuses, and the app is not designed to keep history. Which may be a legal issue for developer, even if they wanted to do it.

Oh well, it's better than nothing.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, we just filed online for our N-400 (11/8/22) even though our I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions is still pending (we filed last year 11/10/21). I have read that  N-400 cases are moving faster then the I-751's. In some cases they will do the I-751 & N-400 process/interview at the same time. (That is what we are hoping for🙂) By the way,  The USCIS online N-400 filing was so easy to fill out... I recommend it highly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Moe428 said:

A whole bunch of approvals this week so far at WAC, for early November and mid November filers.

Are you checking within the app? I'm anxiously waiting to see more approvals on our November spreadsheet but I only saw one more October person added yesterday :)

1 minute ago, Olga&Jared said:

Are you checking within the app? I'm anxiously waiting to see more approvals on our November spreadsheet but I only saw one more October person added yesterday :)

Yeah I am checking in the CaseTrack app.  The cases that we have in VJ are just a small drop in the bucket compared to the cases that app pulls up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, Moe428 said:

Yeah I am checking in the CaseTrack app.  The cases that we have in VJ are just a small drop in the bucket compared to the cases that app pulls up.

Do you know if we have a window within which we should file for citizenship if we choose to do it after 3 years mark? Like, if the window has an end date. I really want to postpone filing and see if I can get an approval since my case is at WAC. But I don't know if I have an end date after which I should wait till 5 year mark. 

Just now, Olga&Jared said:

Do you know if we have a window within which we should file for citizenship if we choose to do it after 3 years mark? Like, if the window has an end date. I really want to postpone filing and see if I can get an approval since my case is at WAC. But I don't know if I have an end date after which I should wait till 5 year mark. 

You can file with the 3 year rule right until 4 year 9 months since you got your initial GC approval.  There's a lot of time remaining still.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Moe428 said:

right until 4 year 9 months since you got your initial GC approval

Not accurate. OP can be a gc holder for a decade and then file for citizenship. No limit.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

57 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Not accurate. OP can be a gc holder for a decade and then file for citizenship. No limit.

Yes of course.  I think I misread the question as how long can you file under the 3 year marriage rule.

1 hour ago, Moe428 said:

Yes of course.  I think I misread the question as how long can you file under the 3 year marriage rule.

I think they still can technically apply under 3 year rule even after 8 years of being LPR and married to the same person. It just doesn't make sense doing it.

2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

I think they still can technically apply under 3 year rule even after 8 years of being LPR and married to the same person. It just doesn't make sense doing it.

Yep, it doesn't make any sense.  But yeah there's no limit on how late you can file N-400 once you are eligible in either 3 or 5 year rule.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.