13 posts in this topic

hello all , some of users here are familiar  With our CASE  about my  Brother wich is aged out and was not able to immgrating with us , so i asked lawyer here and he told me there are some of methods wich can help to bring aged out son , he told me the method is if anyone of our cousin have an registred Firm he can guarante for This aged out Son, can some one here explain how this really works and its posible father when getting Green card bring som to U.S or need to wait 5 years to be US  citizen then apply for application , thanks  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would guess they are referring to some sort of Work Visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

23 minutes ago, TomoMontenegro said:

hello all , some of users here are familiar  With our CASE  about my  Brother wich is aged out and was not able to immgrating with us , so i asked lawyer here and he told me there are some of methods wich can help to bring aged out son , he told me the method is if anyone of our cousin have an registred Firm he can guarante for This aged out Son, can some one here explain how this really works and its posible father when getting Green card bring som to U.S or need to wait 5 years to be US  citizen then apply for application , thanks  

It’s not easy to get a relative in on a work visa, or else millions of people would be doing it, your cousin would need to hire an immigration  lawyer who specializes in work visas to see if it’s possible. What kind of degree and work experience does your brother have?

If your brother is married then your father needs to be a citizen to petition him and it will probably take 13-15 years after that for him to get a green card. If your brother is unmarried (and stays unmarried) then your father can file a petition for him as soon as your father becomes a LPR , that will probably take 5-7 years for your brother to get his green card.

37 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

It’s not easy to get a relative in on a work visa, or else millions of people would be doing it, your cousin would need to hire an immigration  lawyer who specializes in work visas to see if it’s possible. What kind of degree and work experience does your brother have?

If your brother is married then your father needs to be a citizen to petition him and it will probably take 13-15 years after that for him to get a green card. If your brother is unmarried (and stays unmarried) then your father can file a petition for him as soon as your father becomes a LPR , that will probably take 5-7 years for your brother to get his green card.

my brother interrupted when was at high school  last step , due to health issue (depression) he going to at his doctor regulary  almost 12  years  ,im not sure exacly what is his diagnosis,   its any  chance via Doctor  to bring him ? his doctor is not private , its state medical centar 

Edited by TomoMontenegro

3 minutes ago, TomoMontenegro said:

my brother interrupted when was at high school  last step , due to health issue (depression) he going to at his doctor regulary  almost 12  years  ,im not sure exacly what is his diagnosis,   its any  chance via Doctor  to bring him ? his doctor is not private , its state medical centar 

Huh?  This makes no sense.

You think his mental health diagnosis will somehow help him immigrate?  Nope.  Quite the opposite.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, TomoMontenegro said:

No

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just now, TomoMontenegro said:

i know , im saying out of revolt , my parents  not understanding those rules , they scared how to be son alone in home 

Unfortunately successful navigation of US immigration requires knowledge and education of the process.  Hopefully you have other relatives who can help your brother out as the rest of you immigrate.

lets be clear for all who read , my brother have not critical mental problem , he worked like security for 2 year , he not have  a  specijal skills  ofc ,  there lot of ppl which have same problem , i just interpreted what my parents and cousin , told me to ask here , thank you

5 minutes ago, TomoMontenegro said:

lets be clear for all who read , my brother have not critical mental problem , he worked like security for 2 year , he not have  a  specijal skills  ofc ,  there lot of ppl which have same problem , i just interpreted what my parents and cousin , told me to ask here , thank you

It does not matter.  He has aged out and is no longer eligible to immigrate on the said petition.  His special mental health circumstances do not change that fact.

12 minutes ago, TomoMontenegro said:

If all you are trying to say is that he does not have a post high school education, then unfortunately that means he will not qualify for any long term work visas and he will have to wait until a visa is available under the F2B - adult son/daughter or LPR category. 

5 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

If all you are trying to say is that he does not have a post high school education, then unfortunately that means he will not qualify for any long term work visas and he will have to wait until a visa is available under the F2B - adult son/daughter or LPR category. 

anyway the definition of high school here in montenegro wich cant do anything cant get a normal job is its ridiculous, i dont know for U.S , but here no an asking , only if you have a university or be master  .

1 hour ago, TomoMontenegro said:

anyway the definition of high school here in montenegro wich cant do anything cant get a normal job is its ridiculous, i dont know for U.S , but here no an asking , only if you have a university or be master  .

That’s not really relevant, what is relevant is that the option of a work visa (what you were asking about) is generally closed to your brother if he doesn’t have a degree.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.