Adventine

LinkedIn Learning: free with a public library card

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

to add to this as u are in Tn and like free things

with a Tn high school diploma (GED) you can attend 2 years of community college free tuition 

The TN Promise program provides two years of free tuition to any of Tennessee's community colleges or colleges of applied technology, as well as a handful of four-year universities. There are no income requirements or GPA requirements.Oct 27, 2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Adventine said:

Thanks @JeanneAdil, I actually have a university degree from my home country, but your info is definitely useful too!

me too for my career  but i am taking free classes now for fun  / languages mostly for travel

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/21/2021 at 1:00 PM, Adventine said:

I'm pretty big into personal development and self-directed learning, and I dislike paying for things when I can get them for free.

I've always wanted to try LinkedIn Learning, but I never wanted to pay for it. It usually costs USD 20-30 / month, depending on the plan you choose, but you can get it for free if you have a library card from your local public library. Depending on where you live in the US, it's also free to apply for a library card, and you can often do it online. Note: I don't get any compensation for the link, I just found it very useful and wanted to share. Immigrating is expensive enough as it is, and immigrants already have a tough enough time breaking into US white collar jobs.

This is very useful for anyone who wants to upskill while waiting for their GC/EAD. You can also raise your visibility to recruiters on LinkedIn if you complete industry-specific courses.

Hope this helps someone out there in limbo while waiting for their work permits to come through!

Thanks Adventine. LinkedIn Learning is great! I recommend the Job Interview component. I aced all my job interviews because of what I learned there on how to best answer each interview question.

• Penguin_ie pinned this topic
  • 7 months later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/21/2021 at 3:00 PM, Adventine said:

I'm pretty big into personal development and self-directed learning, and I dislike paying for things when I can get them for free.

I've always wanted to try LinkedIn Learning, but I never wanted to pay for it. It usually costs USD 20-30 / month, depending on the plan you choose, but you can get it for free if you have a library card from your local public library. Depending on where you live in the US, it's also free to apply for a library card, and you can often do it online. Note: I don't get any compensation for the link, I just found it very useful and wanted to share. Immigrating is expensive enough as it is, and immigrants already have a tough enough time breaking into US white collar jobs.

This is very useful for anyone who wants to upskill while waiting for their GC/EAD. You can also raise your visibility to recruiters on LinkedIn if you complete industry-specific courses.

Hope this helps someone out there in limbo while waiting for their work permits to come through!

so with the library card I am supposed to complete the trainings at the library?

If possible from home what should be the credentials to use?

"Here we are on this earth, with only a few more decades to live, and we lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year's time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody..."

Dale Carnegie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.