Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, __monicabb said:

Same here, I thought they were super nice today though. I had my medical last Tuesday! So yes we are in the same boat. And I only got my medical late bc I tested positive (no symptoms) and couldn't go anywhere :( Hoping we'll get the results soon!

The officer told me 2 weeks after they receive  the medical! 

Timeline

Medical was sent to the consulate today! Interview was Jan 21.

Date was updated on CEAC, status is still refused. I'm assuming this just means my medical has been submitted to the consulate but the CO hasn't reviewed it.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, DamAk said:

Date was updated on CEAC, status is still refused. I'm assuming this just means my medical has been submitted to the consulate but the CO hasn't reviewed it.

Yes, unfortunately it can take several weeks to months for Montreal to issue the visa once they receive the medicals after the interview.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Yes, unfortunately it can take several weeks to months for Montreal to issue the visa once they receive the medicals after the interview.

I have been reading about this being the case for almost everyone sadly. It's very misleading how they say 2-3 weeks but the actual processing time is much longer.

Hoping for a miracle to happen so we can finally be together before our anniversary mid-Feb lol

Timeline
46 minutes ago, DamAk said:

Same exact situation as my wife's. The medical results were supposedly sent today but the status stands at refused. Looks like the wait continues and continues..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, s2dat10 said:

Looks like the wait continues and continues..

please complete your timeline here https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=374156

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
44 minutes ago, DamAk said:

I have been reading about this being the case for almost everyone sadly. It's very misleading how they say 2-3 weeks but the actual processing time is much longer.

Hoping for a miracle to happen so we can finally be together before our anniversary mid-Feb lol

Yes, they say something similar to people who are issued DS-5535, that it is nothing to worry about and that the Visa should be issued in 2-3 weeks (some are told 4-5 weeks), when in reality they have no idea how long it will be take to clear (and that’s what they tell you when you email them afterwards). I think it is their way of keeping you calm and happy until you leave the consulate, because once you leave, you can’t contact or bother them…

Really angering…

Ofcourse with the medicals it is different, because they DO know they can issue the visa and just need the medicals to approve. You would think they would issue it soon after, but they don’t… 

I honestly think the consulate spends only about 10-15 minutes total on each of our cases and that is solely when we are there at the interview. So if ANYTHING is pending, it would take them another 10-15 minutes of work to process and issue a visa. To them that is essentially a whole interview slot. So they have to wait for that slot to open up while they are also conducting other interviews…

The good news is that the backlog atleast for tier 2 has been reduced to almost nothing, which means Montreal could have some time slots available to work on these pending cases. This is ofcourse while they have to juggle the other tiers.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
47 minutes ago, DamAk said:

Looks like mid Feb is going to be your second anniversary. You should try to enter US only after this date, because then you would get a 10 year green card and not have to file for removal of conditions.

It would save you a lot of time and money.

Congratulations on your anniversary 😊

Timeline

The easiest way for Montreal to resolve this issue of medicals arriving late is issuing the interview letter at least 3-4 weeks in advance so that people are able to book appointments with the doctors early. That would save them so much trouble after, as they would only have to look to at the applications once during the interview… 

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
23 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I honestly think the consulate spends only about 10-15 minutes total on each of our cases and that is solely when we are there at the interview. So if ANYTHING is pending, it would take them another 10-15 minutes of work to process and issue a visa. To them that is essentially a whole interview slot. So they have to wait for that slot to open up while they are also conducting other interviews…

The good news is that the backlog atleast for tier 2 has been reduced to almost nothing, which means Montreal could have some time slots available to work on these pending cases. This is ofcourse while they have to juggle the other tiers.

I've never thought about this. I feel like it would make more sense to assign people to deal specifically with cases in AP, rather than the COs who are also doing interviews.

7 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Looks like mid Feb is going to be your second anniversary. You should try to enter US only after this date, because then you would get a

10 year green card and not have to file for removal of conditions.

It is! Feb 14th lol

That is one of the few reasons helping me keep my head up in this painful process. We definitely don't want to deal with immigration again anytime soon.

15 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Congratulations on your anniversary 😊

Thank you! 😄

Timeline
9 minutes ago, DamAk said:

I've never thought about this. I feel like it would make more sense to assign people to deal specifically with cases in AP, rather than the COs who are also doing interviews.

You may be right and that’s the way it works. But if that is the case, it looks like that team has much lesser capacity.

Timeline
1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

You are absolutely right. It will be 3 month for me February 2.  I am so fed up with this! I just don’t understand why??

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Redie said:

You are absolutely right. It will be 3 month for me February 2.  I am so fed up with this! I just don’t understand why??

Doesn’t the medical expires ?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Yes, 6 months from date of medicals

Oh no omg! I hope that means they should  be sending yours, they need to consider there is moving planning to do and house hunting to do or rent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.