Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I received the 221g and the interview and I'm waiting. But is there anyone here that already received their SSN? I have a question;

When my passport arrives, we will drive our Uhaul from Niagara to Phoenix, AZ.  We will close our PO Box in Pittsburgh on the way down. 

Now...

1:- How can I change the US address( the PO Box) that I gave them in the interview in Montreal? Yes, I checked the box in the application for automatic SSN.  I might sound paranoid but the devil is in the details and I don't want a PA SSN ( as some might know, the first 3 digits are the State).

2.- Is the SSN going to be from the State/ address that you gave them at the interview?  

It's important for me, I need to change the address #1 because obviously  I won't be going back to that PO Box, and #2  for " residency " purposes it will help me solidify an in-state tuition for spring 2023 along with my bank account address, and car insurance that I already switched .

I ask here because I haven't found anything online as to which SSN you get assigned. Whether its related to the origin of the activation of the IR1, at the airport you "land" //bordercrossing or  if its related to the address it gets mailed to.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, Ilovecancun29 said:

online as to which SSN you get assigned. Whether its related to the origin of the activation of the IR1, at the airport you "land" //bordercrossing or  if its related to the address it gets mailed to.

Our experience seems to indicate it's based on POE at time of visa activation...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

Is it necessary to bring original + copies of the Beneficiaries documents? 

I have all original and wondering if I should print some copies? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarpor4 said:

Is it necessary to bring original + copies of the Beneficiaries documents? 

I have all original and wondering if I should print some copies? 

They'll make photocopies of the original documents and return the original back to you.

I gave them all my original documents (police, marriage, birth certificates) and only ever asked if I had a copy of my passport biographics page. I didn't so they made a copy themselves.

Timeline
On 1/21/2022 at 12:06 PM, Maricelam said:

My documents show as “accepted” but have not received DQ email. Does anyone know how long does it take to get a Dq ppQ email after all documents are accepted. 

Can you please fill out your timeline?  https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=411087

On 1/22/2022 at 9:17 PM, Ilovecancun29 said:

So I received the 221g and the interview and I'm waiting. But is there anyone here that already received their SSN? I have a question;

When my passport arrives, we will drive our Uhaul from Niagara to Phoenix, AZ.  We will close our PO Box in Pittsburgh on the way down. 

Now...

1:- How can I change the US address( the PO Box) that I gave them in the interview in Montreal? Yes, I checked the box in the application for automatic SSN.  I might sound paranoid but the devil is in the details and I don't want a PA SSN ( as some might know, the first 3 digits are the State).

2.- Is the SSN going to be from the State/ address that you gave them at the interview?  

It's important for me, I need to change the address #1 because obviously  I won't be going back to that PO Box, and #2  for " residency " purposes it will help me solidify an in-state tuition for spring 2023 along with my bank account address, and car insurance that I already switched .

I ask here because I haven't found anything online as to which SSN you get assigned. Whether its related to the origin of the activation of the IR1, at the airport you "land" //bordercrossing or  if its related to the address it gets mailed to.

The social security numbers aren't assigned by region anymore and haven't been since 2011.  Why does it matter, anyway?  Even if it was assigned in PA, you would live in AZ.  That's where the IRS would find you. 

Edited by mam521

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
Just now, CB14 said:

Hi All, 

Had my interview this morning (8am) and was approved. Quick recap below if it will help but very similar to others:

Arrived about 15-20 min early. There were already ~5 people in line. Was cold -21, so as others have said ensure you're prepared. Security guard would come out to ask for people who had the time slot and then bring them in one by one. Once inside it moved quick. Waited about 5 min until called t the window the first time. Asked to give my originals (Birth cert, marriage, passport, police) and confirming info was correct (address/phone #) and then told to go back and wait. About 15-20 min later called to second window. Asked the standard questions Ive seen here:

- Who my petitioner was

- How/when did i meet my wife

- How did our relationship work (travel or did she live in canada for periods)

- Her job

- My job

-Where we intended to live

- any travel outside of canada/usa in the last 5 years ( i forgot one location that was on the form already submitted so the just gave me a hint and had to hear my say it. With COVID travel seems like ages ago

Was told I was approved and would get my passport in 1-2 weeks. 

Thanks everyone for all the help (mostly just reading all the posts). I had lawyers when we originally started this process but the community here as been 10x more helpful and 1000x care more. 

We're happy to hear of a successful approval.  Wanna fill out your timeline so your statistics can be added to the spreadsheet to help future interviewees?  https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=407875

Congrats again!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Just now, mam521 said:

We're happy to hear of a successful approval.  Wanna fill out your timeline so your statistics can be added to the spreadsheet to help future interviewees?  https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=407875

Congrats again!

Will do. Off to have breakfast and celebrate but will update tonight

Timeline

Had my interview this morning at 8am. 

I stayed at the holiday inn so I walked up there at 710 and arrived 720. There was a line outside of people with appointments for 730, 745 and 8. They only let one person in at a time and once that person is upstairs they let another person inside. 

I got up stairs at 820am and called to the first window at 830am.

She asked for passport and passport pictures, then confirmed a bunch of my information as well as my Husbands. He had a change of address so I gave her that. Then fingerprints. Then she asked for Birth Certificate, police clearance, marriage certificate. Then she gave me the domestic abuse pamphlet and I sat back down. 

8:50 I was called to the window where the officer asked the following: 

Who is the petitioner? 

When and how did you meet?

When did you get married?

What do you do for work? 

What does your Husband do for work? (he just got a new job a month ago so I gave him the job offer and 2 most recent paystubs).

What countries have you visited in the last 5 years?

Have you ever been denied entry before?

Any criminal records in any countries?

Maybe there was more but I cant remember. 

He said everything looks great but my medical hadn't arrived yet and he expects it will arrive in a few days as I completed in last Wednesday. He gave me a form which says refused until medical arrives. 

I asked how long this will take because I know my medical will arrive there on Wednesday and I know some people here having been waiting months for their visa issue when their medical wasn't there in time but the officer told me once it arrives we have to review the case again and then issue the visa which takes 2 weeks and around then you should get tracking information. 

My 2 year anniversary is feb 2 so he mentioned that they will be at least waiting until then to issue so that I can get IR1. 

Overall everyone was really friendly and the officer was so nice and made me feel relaxed. 

I feel so relieved and hoping the medical delay doesn't cause to much of a wait for us, my toddler is wanting to see her Daddy!!!

Timeline

@Summer & John, @__monicabb what about you folks?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hawk Riders said:

We were accepted. My husband had 2 questions. What was spouses name and address and they gave him his approval verbally. 

Was easy!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

221g waiting until my medical comes in because of that backlog at Public Health Canada. But they said that I was definitely going to be approved :) I had nice people

2 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

221g waiting until my medical comes in because of that backlog at Public Health Canada. But they said that I was definitely going to be approved :) I had nice people

Timeline
Just now, __monicabb said:

We are in the same boat! This happened to me at my 8am interview this morning. Keep me updated. Mine was only late because I only had my medical on Wednesday past.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Sarpor4 said:

We are in the same boat! This happened to me at my 8am interview this morning. Keep me updated. Mine was only late because I only had my medical on Wednesday past.

Same here, I thought they were super nice today though. I had my medical last Tuesday! So yes we are in the same boat. And I only got my medical late bc I tested positive (no symptoms) and couldn't go anywhere :( Hoping we'll get the results soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.