2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/14/2022 at 10:01 AM, 2020filer said:

I’m just curious if anyone has ever tried to go to Vermont and have an appointment there about their EADs? 

I doubt  anyone went there before, you need to schedule infopass appointment  where you live.

Timeline
On 1/12/2022 at 5:52 PM, e_xterrixx said:

No - divorce was finally before VAWA was approved. Final divorce date: Jan 2021; VAWA approved: Jan 2022.

Then you are good.  The AOS will be denied  just if you remarried prior to the approval of your I-360.

Timeline
On 1/13/2022 at 2:40 PM, AN2021 said:

I’m wondering about security check 

new C31 card approved but never received. Uscis responded: case not ready yet because of security check and it delayed for the reason. It has  to complete and then they will send a decision asap when it be completed.  

How long does security check take? Online status still shows new card ordered

Contact your congressperson.

Timeline
On 1/12/2022 at 5:56 PM, Ingodshands94 said:

Hi @sandranj

Can you please advise me on what documents I should send with form N-400? I received my GC through vawa in 2019. I'm confused because some lawyers advise to send only copy of the GC with the money order and others suggested marriage & divorce certificates and other documents be sent as well.

Thank you for your help!

A copy of your birth certificate, marriage certificate and divorce decree, if you have one,2 passport pictures, copy of GC, USCIS fees or a few waiver. You will apply under INA provision 319(a). If you were arrested you need a Certified  Court Deposition.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
On 1/12/2022 at 10:30 PM, Karman said:

Does having a civil protection order case by my Ex gf which was issued on march 2017 and it got vacated/dismissed on sept 2021. applied for VAWA June 2021. 

No conviction/criminal /arrest

Do you think vawa case will be denied for having bad moral character?

You will need to show a certified court deposition  when you will attend the AOS interview.

Timeline
On 1/12/2022 at 1:44 PM, Mubja said:

This definitely makes me sad and worried. The attorney did not even explain to me anything about different filings or forms but she told me that my case is straightforward and I have strong evidence.  We did however discuss to eliminate any chances to be put in removal or deportation and I said yes I want to eliminate all chances. 

if I was physically present in the U.S now, at least I might have a chance to fight any negative result but what can one do from abroad.

Now this makes me feel discouraged and quiet honestly I’ll be gutted if I get denied after all the abuse and hardship I went through with the USC spouse for years, I’ve sacrificed a whole lot and lost beyond.

It doesn't mean your case is weak, your attorney can be just incompetente, maybe he/she  told you not to file form  I-485 for lack of knowledge.

27 minutes ago, Jengaeco said:
Hi Visa Journey family, I've been waiting for 1,160 days right now and no decision on my case - Nov/2018. I've received 4 PFs so far.
Posting that so people that have been waiting for very long, know that they are not alone.
  •  

Did you contact to congressperson? If so.. what is reason ? Did usics ask rfe

40 minutes ago, Jengaeco said:
Hi Visa Journey family, I've been waiting for 1,160 days right now and no decision on my case - Nov/2018. I've received 4 PFs so far.
Posting that so people that have been waiting for very long, know that they are not alone.
  •  

This sounds devastating but it should be over soon enough. I’m also feeling like a prisoner to this and can’t wait to build my life outside of this process. 

6 hours ago, Hope-2020 said:

Feb 2020 filer. Bio done dec 2020. No update no rfe yet. Filed for ead renewal jan 2021. Just got approved today!

Your EAD got approved or the i360?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
2 hours ago, AN2021 said:

Did you contact to congressperson? If so.. what is reason ? Did usics ask rfe

Same here I’m a 2017 filer.

2 hours ago, Mubja said:

Your EAD got approved or the i360?

I think it should be CO9 renewal approval. Not C31 approval. 

We are still waiting for C31( 2020 filers) to show up. 

Were are you guys?😀😀😀😀😀😀

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.