2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 minutes ago, FAP said:

Finally... After almost 26 months

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

36 minutes ago, FAP said:

Finally... After almost 26 months... 🤗

Thank you @sandranj. You were so right. Thank you guys. Your help and inspiring words in these tough times are so valuable. Thank you family!

Now preparing for the final shot!

Screenshot_20220105-135808_Messenger.jpg

congrats when did you file? can you share timeline please 

5 minutes ago, FAP said:

congrats when did you file? can you share timeline please 

November 2019.

No RFE, nothing -straight approval.   3PF - last one in Nov 2020

Wow good for you, That’s really awesome!  Congratulations 

2 hours ago, FAP said:

Finally... After almost 26 months... 🤗

Thank you @sandranj. You were so right. Thank you guys. Your help and inspiring words in these tough times are so valuable. Thank you family!

Now preparing for the final shot!

Screenshot_20220105-135808_Messenger.jpg

Wow!!! Congratulations.!! God is great.!!👍🏻😊👍🏻🥁 Happy New Year.!!! Enjoy!!😊

2 hours ago, FAP said:

congrats when did you file? can you share timeline please 

November 2019.

No RFE, nothing -straight approval.   3PF - last one in Nov 2020

What does 3PF mean? 

11 hours ago, sandranj said:

You just have to wait, I had 5/7  cases the security check took 3 years.

What's exactly security check and how does that work? Are they checking our divorces with the judge/court, interviewing our ex spouses, inquire with the police, reach out to our home countries or our work places?

Did the I-360 take 3 years for approval or the i485? How often does USCIS do security check?

I don't want to wait 3 years for my case and after that for i485 more years. I was fingerprinted so many times already, have no criminal records which I send the proofs from my country and from here. 

Edited by Rosa Garcia
Add things

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Did you go to the link?   The appeal decisions absolutely are public record.  .   Identities are kept to initials, but there is a lot one can discern about  the process used to evaluate cases, which is what the person I responded to was asking about.

AAO decisions for VAWA cases have been discussed on this thread since VAWA 10, so it is not a new discussion.  Furthermore, VAWA cases are not public record.  the AAO decisions only discuss the appeal and/or motion to reopen cases related to VAWA cases and a majoirity of the information is redacted.  You cannot see the actual case record, cannot read approved cases, and the only discussion is related to the NOID and nothing else, so again VAWA cases which are protected cases are not public records.  

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Mubja said:

Do Vawa files become a public record at some point of our lives?

Never - they are protected cases.  When you file VAWA, you are flagged as a protected case, and anything you file after that is considered a protected case.  

Timeline
11 hours ago, Mubja said:

I meant will these vawa information and files be available to the public at one point of our lives?

You can always do a FOIA request for your case record.

46 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

You can always do a FOIA request for your case record.

Can someone else other than the petitioner or legal representative request it? Like the spouse or other individuals?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rosa Garcia said:

What's exactly security check and how does that work? Are they checking our divorces with the judge/court, interviewing our ex spouses, inquire with the police, reach out to our home countries or our work places?

If (and I'm not sure about this) it's like petitions and visa applications, it can also involve the national security agencies, and, if so, that process is opaque.  No one knows which agency is looking at "what," and no one can offer a time frame for completion.  In fact, one agency's approval can expire if another agency's investigation takes too long, and the first approval will have to be redone.

I strongly doubt that ex-spouses would be interviewed.

===> If any of the above is incorrect in relation to VAWA, Sandra or another knowledgeable member will post accurate information, and you have my apology.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.