Greencard-22

I-751 October 2021 Filers

740 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Chef’s Wife said:

Here I am another New Yorker lol, I sent my package yesterday and joining you guys.

Lol, that was rough indeed, it took us almost two years to finally get an invitation for an interview… So I wasn’t even inspired to file my ROC in August … and even in September.. Finally pushed myself to do it in October 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

That’s crazy long! I’m surprised you didn’t get the 10 year.  I know ppl who applied for AOS, that took long (they got approved closer to their two year marriage mark) and they got their 10 year GC instead.  We had applied in July and got our interview and approval in December. I’m hoping it is the same this time around because we wanted to travel early on but with Covid we haven’t been able to visit our family or friends outside the country. 

We actually started early this time around. January we started collecting all our previous statements for all our joint accounts and then September we did the all the recent ones and the affidavit letters. Was a big package but we just wanted to try and avoid an RFE
The wait is just nerve racking especially when you don’t see any updates for long periods of time. 

I'm not eligible yet, but I'm already antsy to start the process 😂 I've been following April-October ROC filers just to see the trend of how long the application would be approved and if the biometric/interview would be waived. I'm just so nerd, I already created list of documents required for the package. Depending on how fast my husband compiling them (the list is on google docs and shared with hubs), I should be ready as soon as my eligibility window open. I guess I'm into USCIS too much! lol

K1 VISA: Done in 346 days

Spoiler

Jan 5, 2018: Preparation Started                                                                                   October 31, 2018: Medical Check Up                                                           

Jan 19, 2018: I-129F Packet Sent                                                                                  Nov 2, 2018: Consulate Received                                                                              

Jan 22, 2018: Electronic NOA1 Received                                                                     Nov 6, 2018: Packet 4 Received

Feb 1, 2018: Hard Copy NOA1 Received                                                                       Dec 6, 2018: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

Oct 2, 2018: NOA2 (254 DAYS after NOA1) ***No RFE                                             Dec 11, 2018: Visa Received

Oct 16, 2018: NVC Received                                                                                           Dec 17, 2018: POE (11 Months and 12 days since Starting K1)

October 30, 2018: NVC Left

AOS | SF Local Office: Done in 357 days

Spoiler

Dec 17, 2018: POE                                                                                                                March 5, 2019: Biometrics at ASC in SF

Dec 27, 2018: Apply for SSN                                                                                               March 5, 2019: I-485 and I-765 Status Changed to Fingerprint Review Was Complete 

Jan 11, 2019: Wedding                                                                                                        May 15, 2019: I-485 Status Changed to Case Is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview (New Site Only)

Jan 14, 2019: AOS Preparation Started (1 Year 9 Days Since Starting K1)                May 23, 2019: EAD/AP Approved (97 days since NOA1)

Jan 15, 2019: SSN Card Received                                                                                     December 6, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal sent

Jan 29, 2019: Marriage Certificate Picked Up                                                                 December 9, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal NOA1

Feb 5, 2019: AOS Package Sent                                                                                         December 23, 2019: I-485 Case is Scheduled for Interview (Old Site Only)

Feb 11, 2019: NOA1                                                                                                             January 27, 2020: Interview in San Jose Field Office (Approved)

Feb 19, 2019: NOA1 Received by Mail                                                                              February 3, 2020 : Green Card in Hand

Feb 22, 2019: Biometrics Notification Received by Mail

ROC | California Service Center: Done in 410 days

Nov 2, 2021: ROC Package Sent

Nov 5, 2021: Package delivered

Nov 8, 2021: Text received (WAC)

Nov 9, 2021: Check cashed

Nov 12, 2021: Hard copy of NOA1 received

April 20, 2022: Biometric is waived

Dec 9, 2022: Card is being produced (No interview)

Dec 13, 2022: Case was approved

Dec 16, 2022: GC on hand

📊 I-751 November 2021 Filers Google Sheet 📅

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vonQCJgs9HODO2Y1DdSs3HNyL_FRnMfenlIeDQAUpWg/edit#gid=806913795

6 hours ago, iwir said:

I'm not eligible yet, but I'm already antsy to start the process 😂 I've been following April-October ROC filers just to see the trend of how long the application would be approved and if the biometric/interview would be waived. I'm just so nerd, I already created list of documents required for the package. Depending on how fast my husband compiling them (the list is on google docs and shared with hubs), I should be ready as soon as my eligibility window open. I guess I'm into USCIS too much! lol

Lol I started early as well. Covid got me hyper focused because we were home a lot. When does your 90 day window open? 

13 hours ago, Greencard-22 said:

Got our text notification that case was received today! 10/07/2021

I just checked the G1145 form that I sent and seems that I added an extra number to my phone number (FML). I thought they send an email as well?

Naturalization

Day 000 - 12/28/2023 Package Filed

Day 000 - 12/28/2023 Biometrics Reused

Day 038 - 02/03/2024 Interview Notice

Day 085 - 03/21/2024 N-400 Interview

Day 085 - 03/21/2024 Oath Scheduled

Day 117 - 04/22/2024 Oath Ceremony

ROC 

Day 000 - 10/04/2021 Package mailed

Day 002 - 10/06/2021 Package arrived at Phoenix PO Box

Day 002 - 10/06/2021 NOA1 Date

Day 004 - 10/08/2021 Credit card charged

Day 012 - 10/16/2021 NOA1 Received

Day 016 - 10/20/2021 Notification that biometrics were waived

Day 035 - 11/08/2021 Biometrics waived NOA received

Day 696 - 08/31/2023 NOA Approval Received

Day 702 - 09/06/2023 Green card in hand

AOS 

Day 000 - 04/08/2019 Package mailed

Day 001 - 04/09/2019 Packaged delivered to Chicago Lockbox via Fedex

Day 010 - 04/17/2019 Check cashed

Day 035 - 05/12/2019 NOA1 received in the mail

Day 047 - 05/24/2019 Biometrics notice received in the mail for 06/05/2019

Day 051 - 05/28/2019 Biometrics - Early walk-in

Day 119 - 08/02/2019 InfoPass to apply for Emergency AP (Approved)

Day 120 - 08/03/2019 EAD Card in production

Day 179 - 10/03/2019 Interview Notice

Day 213 - 11/06/2019 Interview 

Day 219 - 11/12/2019 I-130 & I-485 Approval Notice Received (Approved 11/06/2019)

Day 220 - 11/13/2019 Email Notification (Card was mailed)

Day 221 - 11/14/2019 Green card in hand

37 minutes ago, march16filer said:

I just checked the G1145 form that I sent and seems that I added an extra number to my phone number (FML). I thought they send an email as well?

I think it can be text or email. Not really sure. But I only got a text message 

16 hours ago, Greencard-22 said:

Lol I started early as well. Covid got me hyper focused because we were home a lot. When does your 90 day window open? 

I'll be eligible to file on Oct 30. I might want to send it using USPS on Oct 29, so that USCIS will receive it the following week and it won't be too early. I moved here with K1, so ROC is certainly less complicated than AOS!

K1 VISA: Done in 346 days

Spoiler

Jan 5, 2018: Preparation Started                                                                                   October 31, 2018: Medical Check Up                                                           

Jan 19, 2018: I-129F Packet Sent                                                                                  Nov 2, 2018: Consulate Received                                                                              

Jan 22, 2018: Electronic NOA1 Received                                                                     Nov 6, 2018: Packet 4 Received

Feb 1, 2018: Hard Copy NOA1 Received                                                                       Dec 6, 2018: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

Oct 2, 2018: NOA2 (254 DAYS after NOA1) ***No RFE                                             Dec 11, 2018: Visa Received

Oct 16, 2018: NVC Received                                                                                           Dec 17, 2018: POE (11 Months and 12 days since Starting K1)

October 30, 2018: NVC Left

AOS | SF Local Office: Done in 357 days

Spoiler

Dec 17, 2018: POE                                                                                                                March 5, 2019: Biometrics at ASC in SF

Dec 27, 2018: Apply for SSN                                                                                               March 5, 2019: I-485 and I-765 Status Changed to Fingerprint Review Was Complete 

Jan 11, 2019: Wedding                                                                                                        May 15, 2019: I-485 Status Changed to Case Is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview (New Site Only)

Jan 14, 2019: AOS Preparation Started (1 Year 9 Days Since Starting K1)                May 23, 2019: EAD/AP Approved (97 days since NOA1)

Jan 15, 2019: SSN Card Received                                                                                     December 6, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal sent

Jan 29, 2019: Marriage Certificate Picked Up                                                                 December 9, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal NOA1

Feb 5, 2019: AOS Package Sent                                                                                         December 23, 2019: I-485 Case is Scheduled for Interview (Old Site Only)

Feb 11, 2019: NOA1                                                                                                             January 27, 2020: Interview in San Jose Field Office (Approved)

Feb 19, 2019: NOA1 Received by Mail                                                                              February 3, 2020 : Green Card in Hand

Feb 22, 2019: Biometrics Notification Received by Mail

ROC | California Service Center: Done in 410 days

Nov 2, 2021: ROC Package Sent

Nov 5, 2021: Package delivered

Nov 8, 2021: Text received (WAC)

Nov 9, 2021: Check cashed

Nov 12, 2021: Hard copy of NOA1 received

April 20, 2022: Biometric is waived

Dec 9, 2022: Card is being produced (No interview)

Dec 13, 2022: Case was approved

Dec 16, 2022: GC on hand

📊 I-751 November 2021 Filers Google Sheet 📅

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vonQCJgs9HODO2Y1DdSs3HNyL_FRnMfenlIeDQAUpWg/edit#gid=806913795

On 10/7/2021 at 12:21 PM, Greencard-22 said:

That’s crazy long! I’m surprised you didn’t get the 10 year.  I know ppl who applied for AOS, that took long (they got approved closer to their two year marriage mark) and they got their 10 year GC instead.  We had applied in July and got our interview and approval in December. I’m hoping it is the same this time around because we wanted to travel early on but with Covid we haven’t been able to visit our family or friends outside the country. 

We actually started early this time around. January we started collecting all our previous statements for all our joint accounts and then September we did the all the recent ones and the affidavit letters. Was a big package but we just wanted to try and avoid an RFE
The wait is just nerve racking especially when you don’t see any updates for long periods of time. 

Well that’s so amazing and I’m really happy for those who got their 10 year GCs. Unfortunately not me, even if I consider ourselves as a super solid couple 🙄😬

As for traveling out of the country for us it was always possible because when you are a citizen or spouse of the citizen it was always possible. No matter what country it is.

I was collecting my bank statements however they are coming from my credit cards but not the joint checking account which I never used. However I asked those in the bank and they can see it’s always funds on that account and some movement every month. Additionally I enclosed my real bank statements with all the transactions.

I am super relaxed because I am confident and anyways nothing we can do at this point. Still think that to ask us for 24 bank statements is insane, I just didn’t want to bother the bank employee 🤣

Overall to travel with the NOA extension letter for 24 months or with the GC doesn’t really make a huge difference. Passport is a major difference…..

Recently I found out that people who file for GC with their resident spouses (but not citizens) get their GCs for 10 years and do not need to apply for the ROC.

However us who applied via their citizens spouses - they go through the ROC no matter what. Correct me if I’m not right.

1 hour ago, Chef’s Wife said:

Well that’s so amazing and I’m really happy for those who got their 10 year GCs. Unfortunately not me, even if I consider ourselves as a super solid couple 🙄😬

As for traveling out of the country for us it was always possible because when you are a citizen or spouse of the citizen it was always possible. No matter what country it is.

I was collecting my bank statements however they are coming from my credit cards but not the joint checking account which I never used. However I asked those in the bank and they can see it’s always funds on that account and some movement every month. Additionally I enclosed my real bank statements with all the transactions.

I am super relaxed because I am confident and anyways nothing we can do at this point. Still think that to ask us for 24 bank statements is insane, I just didn’t want to bother the bank employee 🤣

Overall to travel with the NOA extension letter for 24 months or with the GC doesn’t really make a huge difference. Passport is a major difference…..

Every case is different and it all depends on who you get. But it was super easy for us to compile all our paperwork because we have online banking so we just printed them out.  You can def travel outside the country when you get your GC, we just didn’t because of our work and plus travel restrictions becasue of Covid. 
All we can do now is wait

2 hours ago, iwir said:

I'll be eligible to file on Oct 30. I might want to send it using USPS on Oct 29, so that USCIS will receive it the following week and it won't be too early. I moved here with K1, so ROC is certainly less complicated than AOS!

Oh, you can definitely do that. Yea it is, it’s just all the supporting documents you have to compile that is a bit time consuming. Good luck on sending them out. 

3 hours ago, Greencard-22 said:

Every case is different and it all depends on who you get. But it was super easy for us to compile all our paperwork because we have online banking so we just printed them out.  You can def travel outside the country when you get your GC, we just didn’t because of our work and plus travel restrictions becasue of Covid. 
All we can do now is wait

Also have online banking of course but do not have a printer. I asked assistant to print out the rest of the stuff. Still need that goddamn little printer to buy in our apartment.

Europe was accessible for us to travel (we have parents in Europe), but I know that Brazil and maybe some other countries were not… 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

Got the text message that my case has been received today 10/8/21. Based on the case number it's assigned to Nebraska. The date on the case status tracker shows as received on 10/5. Payment (by check) hasn't posted to my bank account yet though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.