hopeJourney

I-130 August 2021 Filers

479 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Tereza said:

I totally feel you. We filed August 3rd and it seemes like nearly everyone has been approved from August (Vermont SC) and they're moving onto September ... so now I feel like they just skipped us or idk what is going on.

I find that focusing on other things in your life works well for shifting your attention away from it (for me it is weightlifting, for you it might be something totally different :) ). Although I still worry about the immigration every day, but finding a hobby could give you a sense of purpose, I think. Just remind yourself that someday it will be over and it will be just another chapter of your life. But again, this sh*t is hard, so you're totally reasonable in feeling upset/defeated at times.

Yes I totally understand. I keep telling myself that everyday we are one day closer to everything being complete and they say the whole process takes usually up to two years. So praying that is still the case

9 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Yes I totally understand. I keep telling myself that everyday we are one day closer to everything being complete and they say the whole process takes usually up to two years. So praying that is still the case

I've tried focusing on work, exercise, my house, etc and it all comes back to my life isn't complete. I'm in the UK now with my husband and know I will soon have my heart ripped out again. When I'm home,  I  find this process is starting to affect my mental health as I'm finding myself crying for no reason more often and generally wanting to not do anything but watch TV as a distraction.  That's not me. It better be over soon for all of us.  USCIS doesn't give a flying f@ck about any of us as they see their families everyday and get their paycheck whether we are approved or not. Then they hide behind their smoke and mirrors by changing things on their website and telling us times are improving. Guess they think we're stupid too. 🤬

12 minutes ago, Educ8r said:

I've tried focusing on work, exercise, my house, etc and it all comes back to my life isn't complete. I'm in the UK now with my husband and know I will soon have my heart ripped out again. When I'm home,  I  find this process is starting to affect my mental health as I'm finding myself crying for no reason more often and generally wanting to not do anything but watch TV as a distraction.  That's not me. It better be over soon for all of us.  USCIS doesn't give a flying f@ck about any of us as they see their families everyday and get their paycheck whether we are approved or not. Then they hide behind their smoke and mirrors by changing things on their website and telling us times are improving. Guess they think we're stupid too. 🤬

Oh for sure... half the time I'm a mess as well. My husband (he's the citizen) has been dealing with it a bit better, but 2 weeks ago I had to leave him in the US again and he admitted that it was starting to get to him as well. It's been 4 and a half years of long distance for us and we're both long over it 😕 I started developing phone/instagram addiction and then I realized that the reason I kept scrolling, sometimes for hours, before bed was simply because I didn't want to be alone with my thoughts at night. Mind you I'm about as introverted as it gets lol. And any time we talk about it, it boils down to: it's a federal agency, those people there are understaffed and unmotivated, the process is inefficient and, as you said, they don't care about our lives at all. My husband has worked at a jail and it was very similar process - bunch of work that noone wants to do so they throw it around like a hot potato or do the bare minimum and he reminds me that every time I cry about not getting approved after 10 freaking months.

8 hours ago, Tereza said:

Oh for sure... half the time I'm a mess as well. My husband (he's the citizen) has been dealing with it a bit better, but 2 weeks ago I had to leave him in the US again and he admitted that it was starting to get to him as well. It's been 4 and a half years of long distance for us and we're both long over it 😕 I started developing phone/instagram addiction and then I realized that the reason I kept scrolling, sometimes for hours, before bed was simply because I didn't want to be alone with my thoughts at night. Mind you I'm about as introverted as it gets lol. And any time we talk about it, it boils down to: it's a federal agency, those people there are understaffed and unmotivated, the process is inefficient and, as you said, they don't care about our lives at all. My husband has worked at a jail and it was very similar process - bunch of work that noone wants to do so they throw it around like a hot potato or do the bare minimum and he reminds me that every time I cry about not getting approved after 10 freaking months.

Yes I am trying to remember to take it one day at a time. Our petition approval can’t be that much longer. Every day is one day closer to being done with this process and my husband getting to come home with me. I’m just trying to think that way. Hoping by the time I go back to visit him in November that we will be in the NVC stage at that point 

16 minutes ago, Liveloveasap said:

Just saw a 08/05 get approval California case from pakistan 

Where? It’s not showing up in the processing timelines for California? I’m hoping I get mine soon my PD is 08/31 California Service Center 

17 minutes ago, Liveloveasap said:

Facebook group im in

Oh okay. I don’t have Facebook so it’s nice for you to give that update. Hopefully I hear something soon 

1 hour ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Where? It’s not showing up in the processing timelines for California? I’m hoping I get mine soon my PD is 08/31 California Service Center 

I looked for it also and couldn't find it.  Hope they're working on Aug.  I've seen 2 people approved and one had a PD after mine. 

12 hours ago, maikeru said:

Hello everyone! First time poster.

PD: August 15th 2021

NOA2: June 14th 2022

NOA1 was for Potomac, but approval was from Texas.

Congratulations. Hoping I hear something soon. It will be a lot less stressful once the petition gets approved

22 minutes ago, Liveloveasap said:

Saw a California approved exacly around 10 months and another at 11 months today

Hopefully something soon. It’s been 9.5 months for me right now.

Still holding onto hope and faith 

3 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Hopefully something soon. It’s been 9.5 months for me right now.

Still holding onto hope and faith 

Just passed 10 months and 310 days...

On 6/8/2022 at 2:23 PM, l.hudson@ymail.co said:

Filed August 3, 2021.

Status change on Feb. 19th that "case was being actively reviewed".

Got approval yesterday, June 7, 2021!!!!

We are so excited, because I was starting to lose hope. I was afraid it had fallen through the cracks.

Is the main consensus out there, that getting an I130 approved is the hardest & longest battle during this entire process? Or is the hardest & longest yet to come?

Hi, pls have you received the welcome letter from NVC? and how did you receive it through mail or email? USCIS messed up our address and then approved our case before we could correct it.. so we're very worried it can go to the wrong address 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.