micky7

September 2021 - AOS Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Penguinlalala said:

Hello, I was hoping I can get some answers here:

We received an RFE for my adjustment of status recently.

One of my questions is, my husband is currently unemployed and I’m not sure what documents we need to provide for him since he is the petitioner.

In the RFE it says:

Based on the documents submitted, we could not determine that the petitioning sponsor, <husband>, on Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, is qualified. In order to be a qualified sponsor, the petitioning sponsor's Form I-864 must be properly completed and signed, and the supporting documents must establish that the petitioning sponsor's income meets 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline for the sponsor’s household size. See Form I-864P for information on the Federal Poverty Guidelines.

If the petitioning sponsor's income does not meet 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline for their household size, you must obtain a qualifying joint sponsor who demonstrates the ability to support you or submit evidence of assets. See Form I-864 Instructions for more information. If you decide to obtain a different joint sponsor, you will need to:

-Submit a completed and signed Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, from the joint sponsor. All pages must be present and of the latest edition date.

-Provide the joint sponsor's Social Security Number on Form I-864.

-Provide a complete and correctly calculated household size on Form I-864.

-Submit a complete copy of the joint sponsor's Federal income tax return and all supporting tax documents (W-2s, 1099s, Form 2555, and tax schedules) for the most recent tax year.

-Submit evidence of the joint sponsor's status as a United States citizen, United States National, or Lawful Permanent Resident.

We also have his dad as our joint sponsor but is retired and owns the house that we are currently living in— we provided all IRS documents w2s, 1040 sr, 1099-r, 8867, 8879, ssa-1099 but it says on the RFE that we need to send them all of these documentation again. They also asked us to include his dads SSN which we did when we filed so I’m a bit confused on out current situation. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Last thing they added was: You have submitted Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and ALL pages of the form are not present or of the same edition date (which in my defense I made sure that everything is properly answered and even put N/A on blanks.

I apologize if this too long but I am in need of assisstance.

It seems that the I 485 is mixed with old forms, just double check. For the sponsor you need someone working as a sponsor that will give you his 3 years of tax , W2 and last paycheck and make enough to cosign you.

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Dark2013 said:

It seems that the I 485 is mixed with old forms, just double check. For the sponsor you need someone working as a sponsor that will give you his 3 years of tax , W2 and last paycheck and make enough to cosign you.

Good luck

Thank you! I will make sure to check this. Also additional question, can that sponsor be my petitioner instead of my husband?

Timeline
On 11/9/2021 at 12:32 AM, sandiegodan2020 said:

We sent it via FedEx. There were too many pagesand documents to properly scan and there were limitations to how many pages I could scan per their upload instructions.

Our RFE response package was received this morning in MO and no change in status yet.

I hear the change in status is hit or miss. For now I wait and hopefully what I sent will cure the deficiency.

I sent a fresh form and reviewed all figures and calculations.

Used a cover page that outlined everything I submitted.

sent both copies of birth certificate and bio page of passport.

Federal 1040 with schedules.

3 years of W2s.

3 years of tax transcripts.

Two months of most recent pay stubs.

Employment letter. 

Is it possible to ask a copy of your cover letter?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Unfortunately, only your husband can be the petitioner at this point. 

"His march to greatness was not without disastrous stumbling" - Lewis Sinclair

Concurrent filing along with I-130, I-765, I-131

09/11/2021 - Mailed off package
09/14/2021 - Package delivered to lockbox  
09/17/2021 - Bank Acct. debited in the amounts of $1225 and $535
09/17/2021 - Received 3 SMS messages with Receipt Numbers @ 8:52PM
09/23/2021 - Received Form I-797C in mailbox with Notice Date of 09/16/2021
09/24/2021 - Received notice that Biometrics Appointment date has been scheduled
09/25/2021 - My wife received Form I-797C Notice of Action via USPS which included the online access code
10/01/2021 - Biometrics NOA arrived in mailbox
10/18/2021 - Biometrics Completed ( Case Status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed")

04/06/2022 - EAD Card Is Being Produced

04/08/2022 - EAD Card Was Produced 

04/11/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By USPS

04/12/2022 - SS Card was delivered  to me

04/13/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By Post Office

09/01/2022 - I-131 Case Approved

09/02/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Was Produced

09/06/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Received

10/26/2022 - Interview Was Scheduled

11/29/2022 - Interview Completed (No Decision)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 11/8/2021 at 8:00 PM, googly3 said:

I'm in the same boat as you, though it's only been two days. I know its very anxiety inducing but going through a bunch of posts it's a mixed bag if USCIS will update to "actively reviewing" after RFE response. There's a post a couple of pages before from another UK person whose status did change. But there's several who had no update for months and then it went straight to "interview scheduled". 

Update on my case today:

Had biometrics done yesterday at Lawrence, MA. Took about 40 mins in and out, fairly straightforward process. Today my status changed to "case is actively being reviewed". Not sure if it is because of the RFE response I sent out last week or because of the biometrics. Hoping it's the RFE response that triggered it 🙃 . Now the waiting game begins.

Edited by googly3

Marriage to USC (H1b to GC)

9/07: Submitted I-130 and I130A online
09/14: Received NOA for I-130 in mail
9/24: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-765
9/27: Delivered to USCIS Chicago and signed by Chyba
09/29: Text messages for application
10/7: (2) NOA's for I-485 and I-765 received in mail

10/16: Online status changed to "biometrics scheduled". Bio on 11/09.

11/04: RFE received for Birth certificate

11/05: Uploaded RFE response. Status changed to "we have received RFE response"

1 hour ago, Penguinlalala said:

Thank you! I will make sure to check this. Also additional question, can that sponsor be my petitioner instead of my husband?

No but the sponsor don't matter.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Penguinlalala said:

Is the sponsor related to you? USC Husband/Wife being the petitioner would be the quickest option for AOS.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, googly3 said:

Is the sponsor related to you? USC Husband/Wife being the petitioner would be the quickest option for AOS.

The Petitioner would be my Father In Las since my husband isn’t qualified to be my sponsor since he is unemployed. My father in law is retired so we have another friend as a joint sponsor 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Dark2013 said:

No but the sponsor don't matter.

So my husband still needs to be my petitioning sponsor even if hes unemployed? Or can my father in law be my petitioning sponsor? I’m sorry if I’m asking too much

1 minute ago, Penguinlalala said:

The Petitioner would be my Father In Las since my husband isn’t qualified to be my sponsor since he is unemployed. My father in law is retired so we have another friend as a joint sponsor 

Am confused. Who is the US citizenship ? Your dad or husband?

Timeline
Just now, Dark2013 said:

Am confused. Who is the US citizenship ? Your dad or husband?

My husband and father in law are both US citizen

1 minute ago, Penguinlalala said:

My husband and father in law are both US citizen

If your husband is the petitioner meaning the one that filed I130 for you then yes. He will be the sponsor then you can add additional sponsors to meet the salary requirements

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
18 hours ago, thanachan13 said:

WE sent the docs for REF this afternoon via USPS and trying to upload the docs too online, but we always encounter this error:
No description available.

Any Idea what to do? All files are below the 6MB limit. Tried different browsers too but it still shows the same error. Thanks.

This happened to me when I tried to upload some documents for my I-131 case (long story). The only category that worked was "USCIS notices". I don't know what's up with that

F1 Visa since 2014

Married USC 06/2021 - first marriage for both of us, no dependents

AOS timeline:

9/18 - Filed I-130 online, PD 9/19/21, NOA1 received same day

9/20 - Mailed I-485, I-693, I-864, I-131, I-765

9/22 - USPS delivers packet

9/25 - NOA1 for I-130 in mail

9/26 - SMS receipts for I-485, I-131, I-765 with receipt numbers

9/28 - Money orders cashed

9/30 - NOA1s for I-485, I-131, I-765 received in mail

10/2 - Biometrics scheduled (case status updated online)

10/3 - Received online access code in mail as well as assigned A#. Biometric appointment scheduled for 10/27

10/12 - Biometrics notice received in mail

10/27 - Biometrics taken, Case status for I-485 and I-765 changed to “Case is actively being reviewed by USCIS”

5/20/21 - EAD/AP Combo Card approval and being produced

5/25 - EAD/AP Combo Card produced

11/5 - I-130 Petition approved

11/7 - RFE for better copy of birth certificate. Response submitted the same day

01/09/23 - Submitted service request for RFE since >60 days 

01/10 - Case approved!! 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, The.locd.doc said:

This happened to me when I tried to upload some documents for my I-131 case (long story). The only category that worked was "USCIS notices". I don't know what's up with that

Hi, there's no USCIS notices in the category options now, but there's an USCIS correspondence one. I tried that too and the same error occured. This is making me frustrated LOL

Timeline
2 minutes ago, thanachan13 said:

Hi, there's no USCIS notices in the category options now, but there's an USCIS correspondence one. I tried that too and the same error occured. This is making me frustrated LOL

Maybe it's a size or format issue? I uploaded last week, didn't have this problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.