Amor_eterno

Form I-864 supporting documents

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

Hello! How should IRS Federal Income Tax Return transcript look like? Which of the windows should we choose to download right one?

For background my husband is only sponsor for K1 AOS. He works normal job and it will be only of his assets to use. Want to make sure we get all right supporting documents. 

IMG_20210825_191128.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You're using it for immigration right? so when they asked you what you're using it for you should've chosen immigration and it'll show you the one to download

hint, they're asking for tax RETURNS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, powerpuff said:

Certainly. Letter from your employer and 6 months worth of pay stubs. 

I didn't submit all this and got approved no problem,  however each persons situation is unique.

6 hours ago, Amor_eterno said:

I got it, thanks :) so the picture I attached is the right document? It has 4 pages. Do we need to submit anything else with I-864? 

Screenshot_20210825_230722.jpg

I suggest you read the official instructions

13 minutes ago, Babu Frik said:

didn't submit all this and got approved no problem,  however each persons situation is unique.

To be fair, you had a spousal visa process, not adjustment of status. Which means you went through NVC, which is under the Department of State and not USCIS, which is under the Department of Homeland Security. They are very different when it comes to documents they request and how they process things. 

so OP, I strongly advise you to include supporting financial documents. I’ve seen countless RFEs for that when adjusting status. 

Edited by powerpuff

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, powerpuff said:

I’ve seen countless RFEs for that when adjusting status. 

I concur. I received a rfe for this very same thing. We had to submit w2, 6m paystubs, job letter and a 2020 transcript.

42 minutes ago, Amor_eterno said:

I can't find anywhere information about 6m paystubs when AOS from K1 visa

It’s in the instructions for I-864 page 16 on USCIS website:

“You may submit this information for the most recent three tax years, pay stubs from the most recent six months, and/or a letter from your employer if you believe any of these items will help you qualify.”

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864instr.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.