OmarStuck

N-600K Complete Experience

155 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2023 at 3:31 AM, reddymeda said:

Hi All,    

I am newbie here. I recently applied for Citizenship Certificate for my 12 year old daughter (N600K) .  This forum is of great help.  I applied online and used Indian Bank issued credit card. Credit card was also not in my name. The payment was successful. Receipt was generated the same day. 

Receipt states that biometrics appointment will be fixed soon and and intimation will be sent.  Do we have to go for biometrics appointment before Interview?

Can someone please clarify?

I didn’t have to do biometrics before the interview. My kids biometrics were done IN the interview.

Hope that helps. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Omar,

Please give us tips and advice how to answer right the consuls as my grandosn B2 tourist visa was denied 3x already waiting for him to come for his N600K interview this coming April 5, 2023.

It is hard to prove that no immigrant intent but just to attend the interview to complete the process  and come back to the Philippines.

Pls help me so bad needed advice been desperate for help. 

Thanks

Aurora Luz

On 2/13/2023 at 2:31 PM, reddymeda said:

Hi All,    

I am newbie here. I recently applied for Citizenship Certificate for my 12 year old daughter (N600K) .  This forum is of great help.  I applied online and used Indian Bank issued credit card. Credit card was also not in my name. The payment was successful. Receipt was generated the same day. 

Receipt states that biometrics appointment will be fixed soon and and intimation will be sent.  Do we have to go for biometrics appointment before Interview?

Can someone please clarify?

My children were young so I have no information on the biometrics.

12 minutes ago, auroraluz said:

Hi Omar,

Please give us tips and advice how to answer right the consuls as my grandosn B2 tourist visa was denied 3x already waiting for him to come for his N600K interview this coming April 5, 2023.

It is hard to prove that no immigrant intent but just to attend the interview to complete the process  and come back to the Philippines.

Pls help me so bad needed advice been desperate for help. 

Thanks

Aurora Luz

Who is requesting a visa?

I would recommend that only the child and American parent travel for this purpose.

Hi Aurora, 

I'm so sorry that is happening.

In my post on this page: 

I have a PDF which shows the specific law that tells the consulate/embassy that they have to provide a B visa for the child.

I've uploaded it again here.

Please read this post and PDF thoroughly. Present this PDF at the interview.

As long as the child and grandparent (or parent) fulfil all the requirements, the consulate/embassy is breaking the law if they deny the B visa.

At the consulate/embassy ask to speak to someone higher up and show them this document.

Show the USCIS interview document for the N-600K.

If they ask about "intent to return", then show them return flight schedule.

Be very clear that this is NOT immigration. The child has a US legal right to attend the interview for the Citizenship Certificate. It's not immigration.

It might be wise to get yourself a letter from a US lawyer on this as well, and present that at the consulate.

I would also recommend if possible that the American parent / grandparent attends the consulate interview with the child and advocates for the child.

Consulate/embassy officials listen to the Americans more than the non-Americans.

Good luck

INA 322 USCIS N-600K - Google Docs.pdf

Timeline

OMG🫣🙏 OmarSruck-We’ve been praying hard to have somebody knowledgeable about this N600K- I am the US citizen grandmother of my grandson which is my daughter who is a us citizen gave birth in the Philippines- but she is not qualified for CBRA coz she did not reside in the US for 5 yrs.

My grandson was denied B2 visa for 3x already- June 2021 before the N600k approval (this maybe cause the redflag in the embassy coz my daughter answered for good during the interview but what she meant is once the child has a passport aftet the interview and go home to the Philippines he can be for good and despite explainig the facts about N600k my grandson 2 yrs old was still denied

Oct 2022 - appeated before the interview set by USCIS ON Nov 2022 but despite attaching and giving the uscis appointment letter still denied my grandson

Jan 2023- the father got a multiple entry visa attached to it applied for my grandson under dropbox interview waiver but got a lettet back saying to appear in the embassy with a parent so they father and son went Feb 16, 2023 was denied again.

Now, I do not know what to do coz they said Us embassy does not allow others to accompany with the interview unless parents are not there to accomoany the child so please advice what is the best thing to do where in fact our time is limited now before the April 5 appointment sched. 

I am willing to go home and have a lawyer sign a lettet to the embassy as you taught me attached this PDF law providing need to issue B2 visa.

So we need to ask for emergency visa now and attached this pdf so they are aware about it. It seems like consular does not know about N600k

Timeline

@SirenDoll

OMG🫣🙏 We’ve been praying hard to have somebody knowledgeable about this N600K- I am the US citizen grandmother of my grandson which is my daughter who is a us citizen gave birth in the Philippines- but she is not qualified for CBRA coz she did not reside in the US for 5 yrs.

My grandson was denied B2 visa for 3x already- June 2021 before the N600k approval (this maybe cause the redflag in the embassy coz my daughter answered for good during the interview but what she meant is once the child has a passport aftet the interview and go home to the Philippines he can be for good and despite explainig the facts about N600k my grandson 2 yrs old was still denied

Oct 2022 - appeated before the interview set by USCIS ON Nov 2022 but despite attaching and giving the uscis appointment letter still denied my grandson

Jan 2023- the father got a multiple entry visa attached to it applied for my grandson under dropbox interview waiver but got a lettet back saying to appear in the embassy with a parent so they father and son went Feb 16, 2023 was denied again.

Now, I do not know what to do coz they said Us embassy does not allow others to accompany with the interview unless parents are not there to accomoany the child so please advice what is the best thing to do where in fact our time is limited now before the April 5 appointment sched. 

I am willing to go home and have a lawyer sign a lettet to the embassy as you taught me attached this PDF law providing need to issue B2 visa.

So we need to ask for emergency visa now and attached this pdf so they are aware about it. It seems like consular does not know about N600k

Note- My daughter is not like me that can speak to higher up and explained better about the situation - especially showing this Pdf - i hope i will be the one to go to the i terview and not the mom if they allow me since I am not the parent since my daughtet was denied 2x already or I wish i can accompany them inside so I gave everything. 

What is ESTA? same with CBRA? Pls help us it seems that consulate do know know why they need to issue b2 visa to complete the n600k process

where did you get his pdf law and how do j explain this?

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I just found this  - thank you!

I am Canadian, my husband is a US citizen via birth. He lived in the USA from birth to age 35. 

We live in Canada and have a son now. Can I use the My husband lived in the USA from birth to age 35. At 35, he moved to Toronto Canada

If I understand correctly, I should file "DS-2029 "APPLICATION FOR CONSULAR REPORT OF BIRTH ABROAD" and not an N-600K to obtain US citizenship for my son.

Could you confirm?

4 minutes ago, sunflower3 said:

I just found this  - thank you!

I am Canadian, my husband is a US citizen via birth. He lived in the USA from birth to age 35. 

We live in Canada and have a son now. Can I use the My husband lived in the USA from birth to age 35. At 35, he moved to Toronto Canada

If I understand correctly, I should file "DS-2029 "APPLICATION FOR CONSULAR REPORT OF BIRTH ABROAD" and not an N-600K to obtain US citizenship for my son.

Could you confirm?

Confirmed.

@auroraluz

I'm sorry for the late response. I had some life issues and then got Covid.

What is ESTA? same with CBRA? Pls help us it seems that consulate do know know why they need to issue b2 visa to complete the n600k process

where did you get his pdf law and how do j explain this?

ESTA is "Electronic System for Travel Authorization.". It's short for a visa waiver. Some nationalities are eligible for it. Usually citizens of countries like Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zeland, Great Britain. It may not apply in your case.

CRBA  "Consular Report of Birth Abroad" is when the child is born to US Citizens and the consulate can register the child as a US Citizen. It has strict criteria. My children were not eligible for this, even though I am a US Citizen. This is why I did N-600K.

The regulation in the PDF was sent to me from an American lawyer with understanding of how the Dept of State works. The consular official should be able to review what is in the PDF and understand it. It's a Dept of State regulation, and the structure should have some familiarity to a senior consular official.
Consular officials all work for the Dept of State.

If the applicant for a nonimmigrant visa (NIV) to facilitate naturalization under INA 322 is the adopted foreign-born child of a U.S. citizen who resides abroad and does not intend to reside permanently in the United States, you may issue a B-2 visa 

This is the key part.

If you have the USCIS appointment letter AND proof that the child intends to return to a residence abroad after naturalization then they should issue a B-2 visa. The wording says "may issue a B-2 visa" so it's still up to their judgement. However, the PDF should help them to make that decision.

Edited by SirenDoll

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

My husband (US Citizen) and I (non-US Citizen) live outside the US and are expecting our first child.

Strictly speaking we believe we meet the requirements for our baby to acquire US citizenship at birth. However, we are concerned about the quality of the evidence we can gather to demonstrate my husband's physical presence in the US, as we would need to rely on counting c. 2 years worth of extended holidays / trips to visit family when he was younger. We are struggling to find good evidence for these trips: he travelled on his US passport but it doesn't seem to have US entry/exit stamps, and since it was just holiday there are no other official records. The only evidence we can so far think of to present for these older trips are written affidavits from his family confirming he made the visits. We're not sure that would be sufficient(?).

So instead we are considering the N-600k using since my husbands mother is also a US Citizen and she has spent significant time residing in the US (including studying) that should be relatively easy to evidence.

Does anyone know if we are allowed to do a N-600k given technically speaking we think the baby is automatically a US citizen, just we can't easily prove it?

And does anyone have any thoughts on whether there are any downsides of applying for our child to naturalise as a US citizen as opposed to asserting that the US citizenship has been automatically acquired at birth?

Thanks so much for any insights!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.