tu2008

Expected time for Passport process

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
12 minutes ago, jolyn69 said:

Do you have schedule for your passport application? USPS need to registered first 

Yes, I have scheduled an appointment at my near by USPS office that is an acceptance facility.

I have applied passport on the same day of Oath and  also received it on same day. I have applied at passport center in chicaco and they processed my passport same day and handed over me. It took 6 hours only.  I paid expeditated fee, and requested that why i need passport same day (I had travel planned to india after 2 weeks of Oath). I provided my flight ticket. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 8/13/2021 at 5:50 AM, noboundaries said:

We applied for my wife and infant on 6/29/21 and received them on 8/4/21.  They were not expedited.

Wow that's fast! If you don't mind me asking, what were the first two numbers of the locator?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Submitted passport application on 08/23

Check hasn't been cashed yet

Status not available on website

I guess I got a slow office

Waiting 😃

On 8/27/2021 at 6:26 AM, tu2008 said:

Submitted passport application on 08/23

Check hasn't been cashed yet

Status not available on website

I guess I got a slow office

Waiting 😃

I submitted mines on 08/23/21 and yesterday the status changed to “ in process  08/28”. Im hoping this is signs that i will get it my the end or mid September 🙏🏾

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Adujarric said:

I submitted mines on 08/23/21 and yesterday the status changed to “ in process  08/28”. Im hoping this is signs that i will get it my the end or mid September 🙏🏾

Thank you for sharing. When was your check cashed?

1 minute ago, tu2008 said:

Thank you for sharing. When was your check cashed?

It hasnt gotten cashed yet im assuming is because is the weekend 

Timeline

Submitted 8/23

Check cashed 8/31 and now shows in process. Locator starts with 34. Charleston SC. One of the slowest. Figures.

Scared the bejesus out of me.

Relief.

I have been very impressed with processing times.

I submitted my passport application day after the oath ceremony on August 17th at the local city office.
Passport received today August 31st. So two weeks!!! 🙂

I paid the $60 for the expedited processing and $17.56 for 2 day delivery.

I was also impressed with the speed of the citizenship process. Applied on July 5th and approved and oath ceremony on August 16th.

My time line

CSC

Nov 7, 2004 - First met in Chagford, Devon, UK

Sep 1, 2007 - Married in Chagford

Oct 5, 2007 - Sent I-130 to CSC

Oct 9, 2007 - Received by CSC

Jan 14, 2008 - Rejected by Chicago, wrong date on check 😞

Jan 15, 2008 - Sent I-130 back to Chicago with correctly dated check 🙂

Jan 16, 2008 - Received by Chicago

Feb 14, 2008 - NOA1

Apr 28, 2008 - NOA2

May 6, 2008 - NVC assign case number

May 12, 2008 - DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

May 18, 2008 - DS-3032 request emailed by me

May 22, 2008 - AOS bill paid by check

May 27, 2008 - DS-3032 accepted by NVC

Jun 2, 2008 - IV bill generated

Jun 9, 2008 - IV bill received

Jun 16, 2008 - IV bill paid by check

Jun 21, 2008 - I-864 package received

Jun 26, 2008 - I-864 sent to NVC

Jun 30, 2008 - DS-230 generated by NVC

Jul 11, 2008 - DS-230 received

Jul 26, 2008 - DS-230 sent to NVC

Aug 4, 2008 - DS-230 received by NVC

Aug 12, 2008 - Case completed

Aug 14, 2008 - Papers sent to London Embassy

Oct 20, 2008 - Medical in London

Oct 27, 2008 - Interview in London (was originally scheduled for Sep 23)

Oct 28, 2008 - Visa received

Nov 22, 2008 - Arrived in USA at Phoenix.... Yeah!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, HikerMark said:

I have been very impressed with processing times.

I submitted my passport application day after the oath ceremony on August 17th at the local city office.
Passport received today August 31st. So two weeks!!! 🙂

I paid the $60 for the expedited processing and $17.56 for 2 day delivery.

I was also impressed with the speed of the citizenship process. Applied on July 5th and approved and oath ceremony on August 16th.

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Yours was processed in Atlanta - it is one of the fastest processing office.

Then there is Charleston where my application is being processed, which is slowest. I won't be surprised if it took them more than 6 weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
11 hours ago, tu2008 said:

Then there is Charleston where my application is being processed, which is slowest

From where do you get that it is the slowest? I don’t see any where where this information is captured other than one or another’s perception. My own case was 4 weeks or so. I’ve seen other cases being the same. Looking forward to seeing your progress

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

Timeline
10 minutes ago, El Escocés said:

From where do you get that it is the slowest? I don’t see any where where this information is captured other than one or another’s perception. My own case was 4 weeks or so. I’ve seen other cases being the same. Looking forward to seeing your progress

Currently there are two  timelines I am seeing on people posting (reddit, visajourney and other places) with regards to expedited processing: 14-18 days and another is 28-35 days. This seems to indicate there is an office loading issue. Some offices are all caught from summer surge while others like Charleston are still languishing. I hope Charleston gets to similar processing time as Atlanta.

On 9/1/2021 at 6:43 AM, tu2008 said:

Currently there are two  timelines I am seeing on people posting (reddit, visajourney and other places) with regards to expedited processing: 14-18 days and another is 28-35 days. This seems to indicate there is an office loading issue. Some offices are all caught from summer surge while others like Charleston are still languishing. I hope Charleston gets to similar processing time as Atlanta.

mine was processed at philadelpia..it took only 6 weeks at routine application 

7.21.21  Renton USPS

8.9.21    check cashed

8.10.21  In process

8.30.21     received priority mail

I don’t really think there are two timelines personally, it seems to me like everyone, both routine and expedited, different offices/centers, are all going noticeably faster than just a month or two back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.