hollandfriend

N-400 August 2021 Filers

261 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 1/28/2022 at 6:03 PM, heo luoi said:

was kinda hoping for same day oath, our office is 2-2.5 hrs away and kinda annoyed if just a wk later but oh well glad to have the journey finished hopefully 2 wks left until interview.

I feel your pain. Our office is a good 4 hours away 😕

03/03/16...We met on Tinder while I was on vacation in Vietnam xD

08/08/16....We got engaged.

10/15/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

10/18/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Received

10/20/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
10/22/16....NOA1 Text and Email, Case sent to CSC

02/07/17....NOA2...Finally!

03/30/17....Passed her interview! 

04/07/17....Visa in hand 

05/12/17....Arrived in the USA!!

05/24/17....Married!

07/10/17....Sent AoS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/13/17....AoS Received date for NoA1

07/18/17....AoS Notice date for NoA1

07/26/17....1st Biometrics appt letter received date

08/04/17....2nd Biometrics appt letter received date 

08/07/17....Both Biometric appointments completed

10/29/17....I-766 Issued

06/27/18....Original AoS interview date scheduled for this day but we had to reschedule it.

08/21/18....2nd AoS interview date scheduled for this day but we had to reschedule it, again.

10/10/18....AoS interview - Easily passed

10/11/18...Date of I-797 NoA "Welcome to the USA" letter

10/11/18...."New Card Is Being Produced"

10/15/18...."Card Was Mailed To Me"

10/18/18....Green card delivered to our mailbox :D

07/16/20....I-751, RoC packet sent to USCIS

07/21/21....Filed for N-400

08/04/21....N-400 Accepted

02/24/22....Citizenship Interview, passed

03/18/22....Oath Ceremony to be a US Citizen!!!!! :D!

2 hours ago, Nowrya said:

I feel your pain. Our office is a good 4 hours away 😕

Ugh that would suck. Just w/ kids and the cold/snow days and such and multiple hotel visits kinda a bummer. We could just get up early in the morning but don't really wanna rush and drive in for interview like that, maybe for the oath will just day trip it

Edited by heo luoi

On 2/1/2022 at 9:54 PM, janet3 said:

Do you have an online account? Have you checked it?

Yeah I checked it….i havent gotten anything…no letter there either.  Its been 3 weeks now since my interview…

03/11/16 - Engaged!

09/27/16 – Interview Date – Approved

10/13/16 – POE Houston

12/22/16 - HAPPILY MARRIED!!!!

01/09/17 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

01/23/17 - NOA1 texts and emails received

01/27/17 - NOA1 hardcopies received 

02/11/17 - Biometrics appointment letter received

02/21/17 - Biometrics appointment

04/17/17 - EAD status changed to New Card Being Produced

04/21/17 - NOA2 hardcopies for EAD and AP received 

04/26/17 - EAD/AP combo card received

05/26/17 - RFE Received (I-485)

06/12/17 - RFE Response Received at Houston Field office

06/22/17 - I-485 approved, Card being produced

06/29/17 - Hardcopy I-485  approval notice received

07/01/17 - Greencard in hand

On 1/25/2022 at 8:17 AM, CAAS said:

Good luck! I will share when I hear anything

Hello CAAS.. have you received any updates on your N400 form?

I applied July end under 5 year rule. After biometric reuse, there has been no communication yet. But i see few of them who applied in July in Washington DC area have already got their interview this month. So just hoping for the best

1 hour ago, Ghm said:

Hello CAAS.. have you received any updates on your N400 form?

I applied July end under 5 year rule. After biometric reuse, there has been no communication yet. But i see few of them who applied in July in Washington DC area have already got their interview this month. So just hoping for the best

Hi Ghm - nothing so far on this end either. We are in the same boat - applied under the 5 year rule on Aug 3 and got reuse notice instantaneously. Crickets since then. I was thinking whether sending a message from the account to ask on the status will do anything? DC area seems very slow.

11 minutes ago, CAAS said:

Hi Ghm - nothing so far on this end either. We are in the same boat - applied under the 5 year rule on Aug 3 and got reuse notice instantaneously. Crickets since then. I was thinking whether sending a message from the account to ask on the status will do anything? DC area seems very slow.

At the bottom of this page: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

When you enter N400 and your local field office: Washington DC, it shows the earliest date when people can send an e-request to USCIS for inquiring about their case. For washington DC, that date is

August 31, 2020

so if your app date is after August 31, 2020 USCIS owes you no specific reply.

For further trends, you can use the case tracker and filter it for your city. For Dc area, looks like everyone who applied before August 2021, has received interview notice:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op4=1&op5=&op6=All&op7=Washington DC

So if you are in August, the end might be just a month away at most. Hang in there!

Edited by oakland71

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 1/14/2022 at 1:21 PM, Leous10 said:

Hey Guys! 

Filed in August/2021 - Baltimore Field Office. still nothing! 

Any Baltimore filers in here?

I am a Balitmore LFO - Applied for N-400 in August 2021. Have a combo case - I-751 was filed in August 2020. I received a message after I made an enquiry saying i was in a queue to be scheduled for an interview.. 

21 hours ago, oakland71 said:

At the bottom of this page: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

When you enter N400 and your local field office: Washington DC, it shows the earliest date when people can send an e-request to USCIS for inquiring about their case. For washington DC, that date is

August 31, 2020

so if your app date is after August 31, 2020 USCIS owes you no specific reply.

For further trends, you can use the case tracker and filter it for your city. For Dc area, looks like everyone who applied before August 2021, has received interview notice:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op4=1&op5=&op6=All&op7=Washington DC

So if you are in August, the end might be just a month away at most. Hang in there!

Thanks! Hope we hear soon!

22 hours ago, CAAS said:

Hello CAAS.. yeah it has been a long wait. I am guessing July applicants who already had their interview would have applied under 3 year rule. Just my guessing though

Lets hope we hear something in next couple of weeks. 

Wife PASSED.  Man we forgot to reread the notice and showed up a little early and were curtly told to leave due to the covid protocols. I forgot mask in vehicle and they didn't offer any anywhere. But found spare in pocket.

Brought all originals they didn't ask/look for ANY of it. Received a Interview  results paper the USCIS page just updated now saying recommended for approval and notice will and oath schedule will be in the mail.

Was a bit unnerving having to go back down to the lobby and wait as not allowed to attend and wait up there.  Like useless as our children's births.  Then she was back in like 10-15 min.

I guess she got all 6 ?s right so they just stopped asking and went over the N400 alot which wasn't quite expecting.
Recommended our N400 approved and Oath Ceremony to be scheduled. 
A little peeved to stay the night and 2.5 drive and coordinate kid care for such a short visit and then have to come back but obviously worth it.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Got my interview scheduled for next month!!  Letter came in the mail today.  Local office Detroit.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 2/11/2022 at 9:04 AM, Bob in Boston said:

Got our appointment letter today for 3/21/2022. Boston Office

Congrats! We still haven’t received an interview date yet. Hopefully we will receive one soon as we have the same filing date.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:56 PM, CAAS said:

Hi all,

My wife and I filed for N400 on Aug 3, 2021. We live in the Washington D.C. area so assuming Fairfax is our regional office. Got the biometric reuse notice the same day but still no date for the interview. Any other late July/early Aug filers in the DC area? Good luck to all!

Hello CAAS.. Did you receive any updates for your N400? My estimated timeline changed from 7 months to 6 months today. But I have not received any updates about interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.