CelloLover

Meaning of 'USCIS: Your case was received'

20 posts in this topic

I just received the following as a text message:

USCIS: Your case was received. Receipt #XXXXXXXXXXXXX. Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail. Msg & Data rates may apply. DO NOT REPLY

• Is this NOA1?
  • Where is my application at the time this message was sent? USCIS lockbox? A Service Center?

If it helps, here is my timeline:

• 7/23/2021 (Friday) - Mailed I-129F application packet via UPS Next Day Air
  • 7/26/2021 (Monday) - UPS delivered to Lewisville, TX lockbox
  • 7/28/2021 (Wednesday) - Received text message

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, CelloLover said:

I just received the following as a text message:

• Is this NOA1?
  • Where is my application at the time this message was sent? USCIS lockbox? A Service Center?

If it helps, here is my timeline:

• 7/23/2021 (Friday) - Mailed I-129F application packet via UPS Next Day Air
  • 7/26/2021 (Monday) - UPS delivered to Lewisville, TX lockbox
  • 7/28/2021 (Wednesday) - Received text message

The official noa1 comes via post. 

Your petition was still at the lockbox and will be sent to California soon.

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Are you saying I've received the text-message form of the NOA1?

What did they do besides open up my packet, find my phone number on form G-1145 which I included in the packet, and notify me via text of the packet acceptance? Did they do any packet verifications?

Looking at the G-1145 again, its wording seems to imply that it is for applicants to opt in for e-notification of application acceptance. While I was filling it out, I falsely assumed it was for e-notifications of both the application acceptance and approval stages. Is it just for application acceptance or will I also receive a text message when the application is approved?

Timeline

Are you saying I've received the text-message form of the NOA1?

What did they do besides open up my packet, find my phone number on form G-1145 which I included in the packet, and notify me via text of the packet acceptance? Did they do any packet verifications?

Looking at the G-1145 again, its wording seems to imply that it is for applicants to opt in for e-notification of application acceptance. While I was filling it out, I falsely assumed it was for e-notifications of both the application acceptance and approval stages. Is it just for application acceptance or will I also receive a text message when the application is approved?

You could say you got the electronic NOA1 

They open it up, tear it apart and reassemble in their format.  Very little if any verifications.

Now that you have a case number you track via the uscis website.   You may want to create an account at myuscis.gov.

YMMV

3 minutes ago, CelloLover said:

Thanks. Jeez, how hard is it to send an e-notification for every step of the process? It's 2021; crazy we're still relying on snail mail for these kinds of things.

You’re just gonna have to keep checking your case status online from time to time. That’s what everyone is doing.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, CelloLover said:

Thanks. Jeez, how hard is it to send an e-notification for every step of the process? It's 2021; crazy we're still relying on snail mail for these kinds of things.

Your not relying solely on post office.   There are e-notices if you take the initiative to sign up.

YMMV

Just now, CelloLover said:

RFEs and NOA2 can be seen by checking my case status online?

Yep. I did sign up for e-notices once I made my account at USCIS but guess what - never received anything. I just randomly checked the case status and saw my approval. 

38 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If what I received was the electronic NOA1 and my petition is still at the lockbox, why are the I-129F sent date to NOA1 split by Service Centers (CSC, VSC, TSC) in the following timeline plots?

Edited by CelloLover

Timeline

If what I received was the electronic NOA1 and my petition is still at the lockbox, why are the I-129F sent date to NOA1 split by Service Centers (CSC, VSC, TSC) in the following timeline plots?

Years ago, several service centers did i129fs, not anymore.   Everything starts in California.   Your case number begin WACxxxxxxxxxx?

YMMV

Timeline

Yes it was.

WAC = Western Application Center aka California Service Center.

YMMV

39 minutes ago, CelloLover said:

RFEs and NOA2 can be seen by checking my case status online?

Not the content, just that one was/is being sent.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.