Murph4865

Journey is over

33 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

we have booked and paid for flight she will land at LAX the night of the 5th.

Congratulations!

What is the expiry date on the visa?  If it says August 7th like we expected based on the medical, wouldn't flying on the 5th be cutting it too close?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congrats!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

35 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Congratulations!

What is the expiry date on the visa?  If it says August 7th like we expected based on the medical, wouldn't flying on the 5th be cutting it too close?

It is August 7th and flying the 5th is cutting close but she will take off at 21:05 pm manila time on the 5th and land at 1900 on the night of 5th in LAX, i can not get in for time off to have her land sooner, she has to do swab test also

41 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Congratulations!

But i do not understand the medical dates they only gave us 5 months on medical instead of 6 months

44 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Congratulations!

Now once we get her SS and 10yr Green card there is nothing else or fees to do until we file for citizenship in 2.5 yrs correct?

5 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

But i do not understand the medical dates they only gave us 5 months on medical instead of 6 months

Yes, I find that strange too.  But I have read reports of shortened visa validity dates also for others who had to do sputum testing.  Which is worrying for me since I'm now part of that club...

4 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Now once we get her SS and 10yr Green card there is nothing else or fees to do until we file for citizenship in 2.5 yrs correct?

After you pay the $220 fee for the GC, yes, no more fees to USCIS until filing N-400 for citizenship in 3 years minus 90 days after her US arrival.

2 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Yes, I find that strange too.  But I have read reports of shortened visa validity dates also for others who had to do sputum testing.  Which is worrying for me since I'm now part of that club...

After you pay the $220 fee for the GC, yes, no more fees to USCIS until filing N-400 for citizenship in 3 years minus 90 days after her US arrival.

How close are you to ending process

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Murph4865 said:

We got visa back today 1 day before it was due to be delivered, she went and picked it up. After 4 yrs of this from a K1 to a IR1.

Thank you to all for the help on this extreme endeavor, we have booked and paid for flight she will land at LAX the night of the 5th. We both got our dreams to be with the one we love for the rest of our lives.

Congratulations!!

What a long time, glad it's finally here!

Just now, Ed&Midori1031 said:

Congratulations!!

What a long time, glad it's finally here!

I know been a heck of a wait, thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

I know been a heck of a wait, thank you

Glad to read that love prevailed for both of you, and had the patience to pursue this.  What a relief!

1 minute ago, Murph4865 said:

How close are you to ending process

Still at sputum collection part.  I estimate 3 to 4 months to visa if I'm lucky.  Or another year if I'm extra unlucky and get forced to do the 6-month treatment.

Anyway, I'll be rooting for your wife on the 5th.  Safe travels to her and good luck!

8 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Still at sputum collection part.  I estimate 3 to 4 months to visa if I'm lucky.  Or another year if I'm extra unlucky and get forced to do the 6-month treatment.

Anyway, I'll be rooting for your wife on the 5th.  Safe travels to her and good luck!

Thank u, i am not leaving here i will be rooting for you also.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.