chancecody

July 2021 AOS Filers

121 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Anyone else filed AOS in July 2021? Let’s update one another!

• Sent I-485, I-131 & I-765 via FedEx on Thursday, July 15, 2021
  • Received by Chicago Lockbox on Friday, July 16, 2021
  • Credit Card was charged on Sunday, July 18, 2021
  • Received email notifications on Monday, July 19, 2021 saying it went to USCIS Harrisonburg Storage Center for processing
  • Received I-797 NOA for I-485, I-131 & I-765 via mail on Friday, July 23, 2021
    • All 3 went to the National Benefits Center in MO
    • All 3 Receipt Numbers start with IOE
    • Receipt Date is July 16, 2021 with a Notice Date of July 18, 2021 in I-797

About Me:

• Immediate Relative of a USC
  • Spouse filed I-130 online on June 23, 2021. Receipt was immediate with a PD of June 23, 2021. Received the official I-797 in the mail June 30, 2021
  • AOS from B-2
Edited by chancecody

Timeline
6 minutes ago, jess2go said:

Meanwhile, I’m in the wrong forum. 😂. I think you have it right. 😬

Yes, you are right. That forum is for K1 and K2 Filers. This actual thread is for AOS for Work, Student and Tourist Visas. We are newbies. We will figure it out. 😇

For everyone, all AOS July Filers for Work, Student and Tourist Visas, please update here. 

Hello one (and soon to be all 😜), 

I filed AOS for both parents from B1/B2 Visas: (Submitted I-485, I-864W, I-131, I-693)

12 July: Mailed both AOS packets via FedEx 

15 July: Delivered later than I paid for but, packets arrived to and signed for at Chicago

19 July: Received four text notifications “USCIS: Your case was received.” 

20 July: Both Money Orders cashed

22 July: Received four I-797c IOE Receipt Notices in the mail (two I-485s / two I-131s for both parents). Processing Center is National Benefits Center (at least according to the envelope). 

Priority Date: 10 June 2021. It took me a whole month to find the motivation to compile and assemble both packets after submitting my I-130 Petitions online. I’m a Millenial. I prefer to submit these packets ONLINE. 😂 But, I am forever grateful to the existence of this VJ site and the panel of experts, who took the time to answer my questions whenever I started overthinking the verbiage on these forms. Shoutout to @Chancy and @arken for inadvertently always coming through when I needed it, and who evidently takes the time to help a lot of us hapless folks on here, along with the other experts and experienced folks.You’re the real MVP! 

…and now we wait. 🤞🏼

Good luck fellow July filers! ♥️

Timeline

Hi Jess2go,

Our timeline looks similar and are being processed by NBC in Lee’s Summit, MO. Let’s update one another 🙂.

Question: I could not find the processing times for the National Benefits Center for I-485. Do you know how long it will take? I was hoping for Nebraska as that is where my I-130 went but I got the NBC.

34 minutes ago, chancecody said:

Question: I could not find the processing times for the National Benefits Center for I-485.

Select "Reno NV" because that is your local FO: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

38 minutes ago, jess2go said:

(two I-485s / two I-131s for both parents).

If they did not already file Form I-765 then that form can still be filed for free: https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Filing Forms I-765 and I-131 with Form I-485

If you submit Form I-485 and pay the required fee, you do not have to pay an additional fee to also file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and/or Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, for advance parole. You may submit these forms together. If you choose not to file Form I-765 and/or Form I-131 with your Form I-485, then you must submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, (also known as your receipt) as evidence that you filed Form I-485.

If that I-765 is approved before I-485 then they get SSN sooner. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/flyers/EBE_Flyer_Apply_for_your_Social_Security_Number_While_Applying_for_Your.pdf

To save you a trip to the Social Security Office you can now apply for your SSN and card (SSN card) on the same application form you will use to apply for permission to work legally in the United States (U.S.). That application is the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. If USCIS approves your application to work in the U.S. and you completed the section on the application to request an SSN card, then USCIS will send SSA the data we need to issue your SSN card.

With SSN they will be eligible for the third stimulus of up to $1400 each when they file taxes next year. If they don't have income then they'll still file taxes in order to claim that EIP amount.

Edited by HRQX

41 minutes ago, chancecody said:

Hi Jess2go,

Our timeline looks similar and are being processed by NBC in Lee’s Summit, MO. Let’s update one another 🙂.

Question: I could not find the processing times for the National Benefits Center for I-485. Do you know how long it will take? I was hoping for Nebraska as that is where my I-130 went but I got the NBC.

My I-130s went to Nebraska as well. Looked

up the Field Office as @HRQX suggested and looks like we’re both looking at 12-13 months of waiting, but hopefully, they really don’t take the whole year. 

@HRQX, thanks for looking out. My parents are retired and living their best lives these days, so no employment needed. Both have SSNs,  which saved me a whole neck pain from submitting the I-864, as they’re both eligible for the exemption. They also get the stimulus. 😊 Oh, and if you are able, please delete my sidebusting into the K1 folks forum please. 😂😂😂🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited by jess2go

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post mix-up removed as requested along with one post quoting~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd add myself to the list, although we're not too far into the process at this point. 😅

• Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 via USPS on Monday, July 26
  • Arrived at the Chicago Lockbox on Friday, July 30
  • Received text receipts on Monday, August 2 (all IOE, no idea where they will actually be processed at this point)

Hopefully it won't take too long to receive paper copies and the online access code(s?). 

asdf

On 8/2/2021 at 10:52 PM, ghostinthemachine said:

• Received text receipts on Monday, August 2 (all IOE, no idea where they will actually be processed at this point)

Hopefully it won't take too long to receive paper copies and the online access code(s?). 

Willkommen @ghostinthemachine! Your packet should be processed at whatever Field Office you selected on your I-485. My receipts were also IOE but I was informed to check the processing times for my FO. It’s 13 months to 26 months for my FO. 😬 Currently still waiting for online access codes but not in a hurry neither. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Good luck to ya! 

37 minutes ago, Sunshine210 said:

Hi, I sent my application on July 16th to Chicago lockbox. Still waiting for the receipts. The checks haven't been cashed either. It's been so long. 

Eek! Hopefully you get some good news soon @Sunshine210! Good luck to ya! 

23 hours ago, Sunshine210 said:

Hi, I sent my application on July 16th to Chicago lockbox. Still waiting for the receipts. The checks haven't been cashed either. It's been so long. 

Oh damn, do you have the tracking confirmation so you know that it was for sure delivered at the lockbox? 

22 hours ago, jess2go said:

Willkommen @ghostinthemachine! Your packet should be processed at whatever Field Office you selected on your I-485. My receipts were also IOE but I was informed to check the processing times for my FO. It’s 13 months to 26 months for my FO. 😬 Currently still waiting for online access codes but not in a hurry neither. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Good luck to ya! 

Thank you, same to you! 😊

I was under the impression some of the forms, like the 130/131/etc, will be processed at one of the big service centres for some reason, is that not how it normally works? I'm questioning what I've read now haha.

The processing times for our local office are pretty depressing as well tho (12.5-31.5 months currently yikes). Sincerely hope it won't take that long for any of us. 😬

asdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.