chancecody

July 2021 AOS Filers

121 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Update: Completed biometrics today and the status changed to “Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS” for both I-485 and I-765.

The biometric appointment took less than 10 minutes. There is a USCIS guard outside to check your appointment and inside, two USCIS guards checked my ID and appointment again before going through the metal detector. They were confused that my passport that has my maiden name on it does not match the ASC appointment letter even with a marriage certificate. They let me in regardless. Once inside, the contractor looked at my paperwork and stamped it. She then asked me to follow her to the other room to take my picture and take electronic fingerprints. The photo taking was weird as you are asked to sit down in a chair and look way up to the DSLR camera instead of taking your picture at the eye-level. Anyway, I saw how I looked like in the photo and was satisfied and relieved that I did not look like in the America’s Most Wanted List as this will be the photo that will be used in the green card and EAD/AP card.

One positive aspect that I saw was there was nobody inside USCIS Reno office. The staff is just twiddling their thumbs bored to death so I am hoping that once NBC passes it to Reno FO that it will move faster since the Reno FO seems to lack work. I saw a post about someone from Reno getting their green card in 3 months so I am hopeful.

Good luck to everyone’s journey. I hope we all get our interview dates soon.❤️

On 9/17/2021 at 3:59 PM, chancecody said:

Update: Completed biometrics today and the status changed to “Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS” for both I-485 and I-765.

The biometric appointment took less than 10 minutes. There is a USCIS guard outside to check your appointment and inside, two USCIS guards checked my ID and appointment again before going through the metal detector. They were confused that my passport that has my maiden name on it does not match the ASC appointment letter even with a marriage certificate. They let me in regardless. Once inside, the contractor looked at my paperwork and stamped it. She then asked me to follow her to the other room to take my picture and take electronic fingerprints. The photo taking was weird as you are asked to sit down in a chair and look way up to the DSLR camera instead of taking your picture at the eye-level. Anyway, I saw how I looked like in the photo and was satisfied and relieved that I did not look like in the America’s Most Wanted List as this will be the photo that will be used in the green card and EAD/AP card.

One positive aspect that I saw was there was nobody inside USCIS Reno office. The staff is just twiddling their thumbs bored to death so I am hoping that once NBC passes it to Reno FO that it will move faster since the Reno FO seems to lack work. I saw a post about someone from Reno getting their green card in 3 months so I am hopeful.

Good luck to everyone’s journey. I hope we all get our interview dates soon.❤️

Awesome! Congrats! Looks like it’s been smooth sailing for yours. Hope the wait is not too long! 

16 hours ago, kmr5 said:

I received my I-693 deficiency notice today and I was wondering should I start working on my medical exam or wait for interview appointment? PD 07/06, Bio 08/30, Marriage based

Just saw that I have the I-693 deficiency letter coming my way also. Don't think there's much point rushing the medical at this time as it could still be months until the interview from what I've been seeing online. I'm just trying to get my vax records transcribed and in line for this atm. Already got the flu shot the other week, will have to get a tdap booster at some point too and check titers for MMR and chickenpox. Although I'm not planning on doing the titers until there's an interview on the horizon most likely.

asdf

20 minutes ago, ghostinthemachine said:

Just saw that I have the I-693 deficiency letter coming my way also. Don't think there's much point rushing the medical at this time as it could still be months until the interview from what I've been seeing online. I'm just trying to get my vax records transcribed and in line for this atm. Already got the flu shot the other week, will have to get a tdap booster at some point too and check titers for MMR and chickenpox. Although I'm not planning on doing the titers until there's an interview on the horizon most likely.

Thanks for this! I was thinking the same thing and get the vaccines in order and do the titer tests. But good to know I’ll wait for my interview schedule then!

Timeline
38 minutes ago, ghostinthemachine said:

Hi there,

Just a friendly reminder that not all vaccines are age-appropriate. Also, the flu shot is only required from Oct 1 to March 31. It is likely that our interviews will be in July 2022 so if you will wait for I-693 exam around your interview, then the flu shot is not required. 

I attached a screenshot of what the USCIS Surgeon filled out when I did my I-693 back in June 2021 which I submitted with my AOS as a reference.

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-9

D07F27AA-5FE1-48A0-929A-B8924E56EFE0.png

1 minute ago, chancecody said:

Hi there,

Just a friendly reminder that not all vaccines are age-appropriate. Also, the flu shot is only required from Oct 1 to March 31. It is likely that our interviews will be in July 2022 so if you will wait for I-693 exam around your interview, then the flu shot is not required. 

I attached a screenshot of what the USCIS Surgeon filled out when I did my I-693 back in June 2021 which I submitted with my AOS as a reference.

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-9

D07F27AA-5FE1-48A0-929A-B8924E56EFE0.png

Thanks for sharing this!

I always get my flu shot, so if the interview does fall in flu season at least it won't be too many things to sort out at the same time. 

I'm all good on COVID and should have immunity for MMR/Varicella still so the only one left is a Tdap booster by the time the interview rolls around. 😅

asdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 9/1/2021 at 10:51 AM, ghostinthemachine said:

Thank you, I'm pleasantly surprised as well! My office is in Honolulu 😊

Hi,

My office is in Honolulu too! I had my biometric appointment last Monday, and my status turned “ your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS” since then. May I ask what’s your status now ? Just wondering when can I get the interview appointment. 

Hi guys, another update on my case. On my Advance Parole it now says “Advance Parole Document Was Produced” but my EAD is still at “Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS” eventhough I applied for the combo card. Has this happened to anyone? And will I still get it as a combo card? Thanks so much!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, kmr5 said:

Hi guys, another update on my case. On my Advance Parole it now says “Advance Parole Document Was Produced” but my EAD is still at “Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS” eventhough I applied for the combo card. Has this happened to anyone? And will I still get it as a combo card? Thanks so much!

Hi there,

That was fast! Are you a July 2021 filer, too? The processing time for I-131 is usually faster than I-765 (9+ months for I-765 at NBC). I did not realize that they will send a separate card if you did not expedite so that is good news!

6 minutes ago, chancecody said:

Hi there,

That was fast! Are you a July 2021 filer, too? The processing time for I-131 is usually faster than I-765 (9+ months for I-765 at NBC). I did not realize that they will send a separate card if you did not expedite so that is good news!

Thank you I know I was surprised as well! Nope didn’t expedite. And yes PD 07/06, Chicago IL. So you think they will send it separately?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, kmr5 said:

Thank you I know I was surprised as well! Nope didn’t expedite. And yes PD 07/06, Chicago IL. So you think they will send it separately?

I think so if it says it was produced. However, I don’t have experience on this……others who may know will let you know. I will check my status later and I am hoping for the same outcome 🤞

On 9/28/2021 at 10:43 PM, Doratw818 said:

Hi,

My office is in Honolulu too! I had my biometric appointment last Monday, and my status turned “ your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS” since then. May I ask what’s your status now ? Just wondering when can I get the interview appointment. 

Still the same for me 😐

asdf

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

Update:

• EAD approved Oct 29, 2021 after expedite help with congressional support
  • AP was approved Oct 29, 2021 as well without expedite. I received a separate “Standalone AOS approval email this morning”. I think they approved the AP as well as both of my I-765 and I-131 is in the NBC. I was pleasantly surprised.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.