EKT

Any experience with interviews in Auckland?

521 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hello. Question about vaccinations for the immigration visa medical: I do not have my immunization record of shots that were given to me as a child (done over 30 years ago in another country).  In order to meet the requirements of the long list of vaccinations required, is it best to just get these all done at my local GP so I have a record to take with me to the medical?  Or is it better to try and arrange getting the shots through the panel physician at the time of doing the medical?  I'll be going to ANZUS in Wellington for my medical as soon as our appointment is confirmed.

4 hours ago, jcm122 said:

Hello. Question about vaccinations for the immigration visa medical: I do not have my immunization record of shots that were given to me as a child (done over 30 years ago in another country).  In order to meet the requirements of the long list of vaccinations required, is it best to just get these all done at my local GP so I have a record to take with me to the medical?  Or is it better to try and arrange getting the shots through the panel physician at the time of doing the medical?  I'll be going to ANZUS in Wellington for my medical as soon as our appointment is confirmed.

Get them done at your local GP ahead of time. The vaccinations at the medical are much more expensive than what you will pay at the GP and it'll be another thing to worry about when going through the medical process. Try to keep it as simple as possible by getting them done beforehand and bringing the record showing you have them done. 

USCIS

10/15/2020 - Filed I-130 online

10/15/2020 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

03/17/2021 - Case status changed to "actively reviewing"  

04/02/2021 - Case status "actively reviewing" again (with the updated date)

04/02/2021 - Later that day... Case approved!  (NOA2)

04/05/2021 - Case sent from USCIS to NVC

04/08/2021 - NVC received case and assigned case number and IIN (notified via email) 

04/10/2021 - AOS + IV fees paid

04/15/2021 - IV completed 

15 hours ago, jcm122 said:

long list of vaccinations required

Note that you do not need to get all the vaccinations on the CDC list.  Only the ones that are age-appropriate.  For most working-age adults, there's just 5 -- TD/TDAP, MMR, Varicella, COVID, Flu (seasonal).

We just got our first email from the NVC. I've logged in and paid the fees. However the country and embassy listed are the wrong ones and not New Zealand! Has anyone else had this issue? Going to call NVC tomorrow and try to sort this out. I've also filed the NZ police certificate form. Hope to be able to finish our next round of forms soon. 

1 hour ago, mekbus said:

the country and embassy listed are the wrong ones and not New Zealand!

Is NZ the country of residence listed in the beneficiary's physical address on the I-130 & I-130A forms?

8 hours ago, Chancy said:

Is NZ the country of residence listed in the beneficiary's physical address on the I-130 & I-130A forms?

Yes NZ is on our forms.

He was born in another country and that’s the country/embassy they have listed. 

However, he’s a NZ citizen and currently residing in NZ. Been in NZ for 20+ years. 

14 hours ago, mekbus said:

Yes NZ is on our forms.

He was born in another country and that’s the country/embassy they have listed. 

However, he’s a NZ citizen and currently residing in NZ. Been in NZ for 20+ years. 

Called NVC today. They said it must have been an oversight by the person who was filling in our information. And the person I spoke to can't change it. I had to submit a public enquiry explaining the issue with proof of his NZ citizenship and NZ residency. They'll update the file when they get to the email. I sent it today. NVC is working on emails from mid-February. 

Just frustrating because all of our application information is NZ, and all of our supporting documents for the I-130 were NZ. I don't understand how they can miss the right country. Really hoping this doesn't slow things down. 

• 2 weeks later...

WE JUST GOT DQ'D !!!!!!!!! 🎉

So thrilled - any recent info on how long we should expect to hear about interview scheduling from Akld Consulate and how far out they are booking? 
Also if anyone has booked a medical recently - let me know if it was hard to book and if there was a long wait. 

53 minutes ago, Sammy.NZ said:

So thrilled - any recent info on how long we should expect to hear about interview scheduling from Akld Consulate and how far out they are booking? 
Also if anyone has booked a medical recently - let me know if it was hard to book and if there was a long wait. 

OMG congrats!! Hole in one! My guess is you will hear from NVC later this week about an interview in May (usually a Wednesday so probably the 18th or 25th of May). They always seem to send out the interview letters around the 20th of the month on a Thursday or Friday US time. Fingers crossed for you! 

Edited by EKT

2 hours ago, EKT said:

OMG congrats!! Hole in one! My guess is you will hear from NVC later this week about an interview in May (usually a Wednesday so probably the 18th or 25th of May). They always seem to send out the interview letters around the 20th of the month on a Thursday or Friday US time. Fingers crossed for you! 

Yay thanks for your predictions - fingers crossed you are right 🤞

6 hours ago, Sammy.NZ said:

Hi Sammy

just want to ask did you emailed consulate about confirming the results of police vetting or you just upload the section 14 form and confirmation from NZ police ? 

Thanks

16 hours ago, R gill said:

Hi Sammy

just want to ask did you emailed consulate about confirming the results of police vetting or you just upload the section 14 form and confirmation from NZ police ? 

Thanks

Hi @R gill - I never emailed the Consulate to confirm they received it - I was going to but honestly just forgot LOL. Under the mandatory Police Certificate section I uploaded the confirmation email from vetting@police.govt.nz saying it was sent to the Auckland Consulate. And I uploaded two additional supporting docs as 'Police Certificate' - one was the section 14 form filled out and the other was a letter reiterating that NZ will not release police certificates to the individual and instead sends it to Consulate directly.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 4/7/2022 at 9:20 AM, Chancy said:

Note that you do not need to get all the vaccinations on the CDC list.  Only the ones that are age-appropriate.  For most working-age adults, there's just 5 -- TD/TDAP, MMR, Varicella, COVID, Flu (seasonal).

Thanks very much for this advice.  I did my medical at CityMed in Auckland this week and they recommend that you DO NOT have missing shots from the CDC list done before you come to them.  Arrive with what you have, they make an assessment and give you what is missing if necessary, right there on the spot.  I turned up with no childhood vaccination record and they administered MMR, TDAP, seasonal flu jab.  The blood test will confirm that I've already have chicken pox as a child.  And that's it.  Good luck everyone!

My husband just got his interview appointment in Auckland and I'm blown away at how soon it is. 

DQ'd April 19th, and they emailed us late on April 25th to let us know his interview is the morning of Wednesday May 11th! (Three weeks from DQ date)

We are now scrambling to get the medical and everything booked and sorted. 

Stress levels are high but thankful for the quick progress. 

If anyone has any interview prep tips, please shout out!!!! 

Yooooo - those who have been interviewed at Akld already, did you drop of docs to Consulate ahead of your interview as per below:

We live in SI so flying up, could maybe drop off docs a day or two before but definitely not a week....  Thoughts?

Step 2: Bring required documents to the consulate BEFORE your interview

It is important that you provide all required original documents and any missing items to the U.S. Consulate General in Auckland prior to your interview. We’ve created a checklist that will tell you what to bring. Please print the checklist below and bring it with the listed documents to the consulate the week before your interview any time between 8:00 a.m. and 12 noon Monday through Friday, except public holidays. Please place everything in a single envelope with your case number and full name on the outside, and address it to “Immigrant Visa Unit.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.