EKT

Any experience with interviews in Auckland?

521 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Sammy.NZ said:

Hey again, so just to clarify - is the  prepaid courier bag you bring only for the passport or all docs?? 

My husband dropped off docs to the Consulate today as he's up there for the medical & the file is huuuuge. Wondering if they give these pack at the interview or mail them after??

They'll give all the docs back at the interview. Courier bag is just for the passport. They gave all the documents back to my wife and said they never needed them. Looked like they hardly looked at them, just took the passport out of that folder. 

My wife got her passport back today with visa inside! So glad this is pretty much over. 

USCIS

10/15/2020 - Filed I-130 online

10/15/2020 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

03/17/2021 - Case status changed to "actively reviewing"  

04/02/2021 - Case status "actively reviewing" again (with the updated date)

04/02/2021 - Later that day... Case approved!  (NOA2)

04/05/2021 - Case sent from USCIS to NVC

04/08/2021 - NVC received case and assigned case number and IIN (notified via email) 

04/10/2021 - AOS + IV fees paid

04/15/2021 - IV completed 

8 minutes ago, ztiberiusd said:

They'll give all the docs back at the interview. Courier bag is just for the passport. They gave all the documents back to my wife and said they never needed them. Looked like they hardly looked at them, just took the passport out of that folder. 

My wife got her passport back today with visa inside! So glad this is pretty much over. 

CONGRATS! So happy for you both. My husband just finished up his medical - a nightmare getting as he flew up from the South Island for it and his flight got delayed 2.5 hours due to fog, he showed up over an hour late to the appointment but they ended up accepting his tardiness and rushing him through. Interview next week... I cannot wait to be done. 

1 hour ago, Sammy.NZ said:

CONGRATS! So happy for you both. My husband just finished up his medical - a nightmare getting as he flew up from the South Island for it and his flight got delayed 2.5 hours due to fog, he showed up over an hour late to the appointment but they ended up accepting his tardiness and rushing him through. Interview next week... I cannot wait to be done. 

Thank you!!! I'm glad CityMed were able to accommodate him. That's good of them. The medical is the beginning of the end, I assure you! After that, everything goes in the blink of an eye. 

USCIS

10/15/2020 - Filed I-130 online

10/15/2020 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

03/17/2021 - Case status changed to "actively reviewing"  

04/02/2021 - Case status "actively reviewing" again (with the updated date)

04/02/2021 - Later that day... Case approved!  (NOA2)

04/05/2021 - Case sent from USCIS to NVC

04/08/2021 - NVC received case and assigned case number and IIN (notified via email) 

04/10/2021 - AOS + IV fees paid

04/15/2021 - IV completed 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

We went for our interview yesterday, but the officer did not say to us our visa has been approved at the end of the interview.  She said they have everything they need and will let us know.  Has anyone else had this experience?  How long does it usually take for them to make a decision after the interview if they don't do it straight away on the spot?

Hi, just wondering if you can help me.

Ive been DQ'd and i've been asked to upload photographs to CEAC website before interview. Is this photos of us  or is it meant to be of something specific?

Thanks in advance 

On 5/7/2022 at 9:27 AM, Stevi_09 said:

Hi, just wondering if you can help me.

Ive been DQ'd and i've been asked to upload photographs to CEAC website before interview. Is this photos of us  or is it meant to be of something specific?

Thanks in advance 

Hi 

Do you have the exact wording of the message from the NVC? I think they probably mean passport photos (US passport size) of the intending immigrant as it is one of the civil documents.  

My husband just had his interview!!! Approved! Wooooo!

They asked him when we met, when we got married, what we do for work, what were his plans for work after arriving in the U.S. - all pretty basic stuff. They asked him why I didn't join him at the interview and he told them I'm flying back on Friday so have lots of packing to do and they thought that was understandable. Oh & they asked him about living in Germany as he lived there 2 years and asked if he had lived anywhere else overseas.

It's been 456 days since we first lodged our petition.... feeling lighter today :) 

Edited by Sammy.NZ

On 5/10/2022 at 5:13 PM, Sammy.NZ said:

They asked him when we met, when we got married, what we do for work, what were his plans for work after arriving in the U.S. - all pretty basic stuff. They asked him why I didn't join him at the interview and he told them I'm flying back on Friday so have lots of packing to do and they thought that was understandable. Oh & they asked him about living in Germany as he lived there 2 years and asked if he had lived anywhere else overseas.

It's been 456 days since we first lodged our petition.... feeling lighter today :) 

Congratulations!!! 

Hi 

I just received a RFE for police certificate. I know others had issues with this. What did others do to ultimately get the NVC to DQ despite not being able to upload the police certificate themselves? Also was there away to not have to wait the full three months again?

I updated a copy of the form and email from the police confirming that they mailed it to the Auckland Consulate. 

2 hours ago, Louis10182 said:

Hi 

I just received a RFE for police certificate. I know others had issues with this. What did others do to ultimately get the NVC to DQ despite not being able to upload the police certificate themselves? Also was there away to not have to wait the full three months again?

I updated a copy of the form and email from the police confirming that they mailed it to the Auckland Consulate. 

So sorry this is happening to you. Easily the most frustrating part of applying from NZ. When we got this RFE, I also emailed the consulate at AucklandIV@state.gov to confirm they received it and passed it on to NVC. Make sure you include your full name and case number when you email. Then I would call NVC (expect to wait on hold for ages) and stress that what you submitted the first time was correct and ask if they can flag it to be reviewed by a supervisor instead of going back to end of the line. Unfortunately whenever you upload new documents in CEAC, the most date becomes your place in line. Saying that, occasionally people just seem to get lucky and get a quick second review so fingers crossed that happens for you!

Edited to add: I just re-read your post. If you haven't already added/updated any documents in CEAC DON'T change anything until you call NVC due to the reason I mentioned above about the document review date. Call then first and see if they can re-check what you already supplied.

Edited by EKT

On 5/11/2022 at 10:13 AM, Sammy.NZ said:

It's been 456 days since we first lodged our petition.... feeling lighter today

CONGRATS!! I hope you had an uneventful trip home and your husband is not far behind :) 

2 minutes ago, EKT said:

So sorry this is happening to you. Easily the most frustrating part of applying from NZ. When we got this RFE, I also emailed the consulate at AucklandIV@state.gov to confirm they received it and passed it on to NVC. Make sure you include your full name and case number when you email. Then I would call NVC (expect to wait on hold for ages) and stress that what you submitted the first time was correct and ask if they can flag it to be reviewed by a supervisor instead of going back to end of the line. Unfortunately whenever you upload new documents in CEAC, the most date becomes your place in line. Saying that, occasionally people just seem to get lucky and get a quick second review so fingers crossed that happens for you!

Thanks. 

I have emailed the consulate - so I guess tomorrow I will begin harassing the NVC!

1 minute ago, Louis10182 said:

Thanks. 

I have emailed the consulate - so I guess tomorrow I will begin harassing the NVC!

Good luck! I just re-read your earlier post. If you haven't already added/updated any documents in CEAC since the RFE DON'T change anything until you call NVC due to the reason I mentioned above about the document review date. Call them first and see if they can re-check what you already supplied.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.