EKT

Any experience with interviews in Auckland?

521 posts in this topic

Yeah that is rough. I have to do a month without my two year old and 4 month old and that is frustrating enough. 

Once you get your interview letter you can always email the Auckland Consulate and see if they can schedule you to an earlier interview. In my experience the consulate has always been quite reasonable to deal with, even if you have to wait a few days for a response. It's the NVC that is a giant bureaucratic black hole. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 12:28 AM, R gill said:

Hello all 

can anyone get interview letter in this month from US embessy ? It’s already 21st july today . I was DQ’d on 16 june 2022. (F2A) . 

Thanks

Tracking your progress. We had our Australian police certificate rejected for a 2nd time - even though as far as we can tell it's the correct certificate. Not sure what's gonna happen now, but hoping once we finally make it to your status it goes fast and smooth. Good luck and looking forward to your update.

2 hours ago, mekbus said:

Tracking your progress. We had our Australian police certificate rejected for a 2nd time - even though as far as we can tell it's the correct certificate. Not sure what's gonna happen now, but hoping once we finally make it to your status it goes fast and smooth. Good luck and looking forward to your update.

Don’t know much about Austrlian police certificate but i think you should contact NVC rather than uploading new document because after uploading new document you again have to wait for 2-3 months . Or try to contact Auckland consulate. 

On 7/25/2022 at 12:36 AM, R gill said:

Don’t know much about Austrlian police certificate but i think you should contact NVC rather than uploading new document because after uploading new document you again have to wait for 2-3 months . Or try to contact Auckland consulate. 

I would love to contact NVC - however the only way to contact them right now is through their public inquiry email system. As of 25 July 2022 - they are responding to emails they received on 30 May 2022. They used to have phone lines, but they shut them off at the end of May 2022. 

I contacted the Auckland consulate about my police certificate being rejected, asking them if they could assist me with the issue and they replied "You will need to contact the NVC if that is the agency that has rejected the submitted document." 

So stuck between a rock and a hard place. Have to wait no matter what I guess.

If anyone has any other advice I'd welcome it

5 hours ago, Kiwi10101 said:

@mekbus what code are you putting in for the Australian police certificate? Code 33 - immigration/citizenship - Australia or Code 35 - overseas visa - supply to a country other than Australia

I’ve done both codes, have submitted both certificates and both have been rejected 

On 7/29/2022 at 3:45 AM, R gill said:

I got interview letter today . 
DQ’d date.        : 16 june 2022

interview date :  7 September 2022

just a question for you guys 

on my interview letter they put my 3 years old residential address. How can i change this ? Do i need to email the Consulate? 

hi guys

i am trying to book the medical appointment at city medical Auckland but no body is picking the phone , I registered myself on there online system. And got email from them saying that they will contact me for booking but no boday contacted me yet . Do any one know how long they will take to schedule the appointment? 

Thanks . 

2 hours ago, R gill said:

hi guys

i am trying to book the medical appointment at city medical Auckland but no body is picking the phone , I registered myself on there online system. And got email from them saying that they will contact me for booking but no boday contacted me yet . Do any one know how long they will take to schedule the appointment? 

Thanks . 

When I booked mine in July it was quick. I think they phoned later the same day. They also had lots of appointments available for that week. 

On 8/2/2022 at 12:33 PM, Louis10182 said:

When I booked mine in July it was quick. I think they phoned later the same day. They also had lots of appointments available for that week. 

Hi Louis

I booked my medical for 22 August 2022 and i am going to drop my all other required  documents to the consulate on same day because i am flying from South Island. 

just want to ask that “ Is city medicals sends the report directly to the consulate or they are going to give me closed envelope to submit to the consulate? “ 

My medical appointment is scheduled for 11:00AM and i am planning  to drop all the documents to the Consulate around 10:00 AM before going to the medical. Does it work ? 

Thanks .

1 hour ago, R gill said:

Hi Louis

I booked my medical for 22 August 2022 and i am going to drop my all other required  documents to the consulate on same day because i am flying from South Island. 

just want to ask that “ Is city medicals sends the report directly to the consulate or they are going to give me closed envelope to submit to the consulate? “ 

My medical appointment is scheduled for 11:00AM and i am planning  to drop all the documents to the Consulate around 10:00 AM before going to the medical. Does it work ? 

Thanks .

Yeah that should work. For me the medical was completely electronic, so just got sent to the embassy automatically. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

i had my visa interview today at consulate. It goes very  well . At the end officer kept my passport, birth certificate and marriage certificate , she didn’t say that your visa has been approved but she give me a little pamphlet about the information on legal right available in USA against domestic voilence and facts about immigrating on marriage based visa and then she said you are good to go now . I think she had approved the visa .

what you guys think about this ? 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, R gill said:

Hi Guys

i had my visa interview today at consulate. It goes very  well . At the end officer kept my passport, birth certificate and marriage certificate , she didn’t say that your visa has been approved but she give me a little pamphlet about the information on legal right available in USA against domestic voilence and facts about immigrating on marriage based visa and then she said you are good to go now . I think she had approved the visa .

what you guys think about this ? 

Thanks 

I think you will be fine and got approved.  When did you apply and get approved? 

Do you mind sharing your timeline?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.